OOPS! Opinions needed.

We started our gear swap today and the rear carrier got cocked a bit coming out. Alana (wife) had a bad swing with a mallet and broke the locker coil connector off.:doh:

Now I'm not sure what to do... Is the coil available as a separate part? (everyone is closed to talk to)

Long term plans are to get a 60 in the rear anyway... should I just make the jump?

Does ARB make a replacement locker for the Rubicon 32 spline and length shafts?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Are you saying that you broke the plunger - the thing that makes contact with the dog clutch?

David1tontj

I broke my ARB when I had a dana 35, and I was able to find replacement parts for it on amazon!

Edit- just realized you're talking about a factory locker.

Last edited:
I'm not really ready to drop D60 coin, but hate to put more money in an axle that I plan to replace in a year... ???

You can get parts for a factory e locker you have to buy the entire unit which is as much if not more than an ARB. Get an ARB and plumb it up and be done.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Would I have to get new axle shafts too? Currently I have the different length Rubicon shafts. I'm just not sure what options arb has.

I believe the shafts for the ARB are equal length so yes. But you could sell the factories to make up the difference.

Hobolobo

I think we're all missing the real question here. Why did you give your wife a mallet to use under the jeep?

I believe the shafts for the ARB are equal length so yes. But you could sell the factories to make up the difference.

WORD ;)

I am going think about this more.

Things I'm pondering are what to do about the factory connector and sensor holes, and then how do I stop the locker lights from blinking. Will the front locker work without knowing the rear is on? I have a bypass circuit so I should be good. Sorry, thinking out loud (or in text)

Alana feels so bad she is pushing the D60. But this means I will not get some of the things I wanted to do to her Jeep done.

hudginsja

Let me get this right...all I have to do is give my wife a hammer and set her loose under the jeep? I should have thought of this sooner!

Top Bottom