SHHH - It's a Secret...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Secret Canyon is just one of the many awesome trails that we have up here in Northern Nevada and really, it's trails like this that make us love living here. Close to town, short enough to do in a day and yet, hard enough to be a real challenge and of course, a ton of fun. While our good friend Adam was up here visiting us earlier in the week, we decided to do a run up this awesome trail and here are some photos from our day out on this Secret trail.

Here's a shot of us heading out to Secret Canyon on a beautiful Northern Nevada day.
main.php

As you can see, you get right into the rocks the moment you drop into the canyon.
main.php

main.php

And the rocks keep on coming one right after the other.
main.php

main.php

main.php

And the rocks get even bigger from time to time.
main.php

One of the more level sections of trail.
main.php

main.php

But, that didn't last long.
main.php

About half way through the trail, there is a pretty good size waterfall that has boulders making up the face of it that stand about 5'-7' tall. Fortunately, the water that normally pools below it was dry and so was the mud that makes up its bed. This photo doesn't really do the obstacle justice but you can kind of get an idea of how big it is and you can even see the mud caked rocks from rigs that climbed it before things dried up.
main.php

Cindy starting her climb up.
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

A bit tougher to do in a 2-door but, here's Adam doing a great job working his way up.
main.php

main.php

Adam humping this rock for a bit and he tried to free himself from it.
main.php

Almost there but no cigar.
main.php

Cindy lending a helping hand.
main.php

Another flat-ish section of trail.
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Okay, that was short lived - more big rocks.
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

With thunder clouds overhead, Cindy started to navigate Moby up the big rock garden toward the end of the trail.
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Plenty of room to spare.
main.php

And she's out!
main.php

Adam making his approach.
main.php

Getting into the thick of it.
main.php

main.php

main.php

After a good start, Adam got hung up a bit and needed a little help so Cindy backed Moby down to lend another hand.
main.php

On the move again.
main.php

Making good progress.
main.php

main.php

And just like that, we were out of the canyon.
main.php

Airing up after a great day out on the trail.
main.php

And ahead of the storm.
main.php

After picking up Rubicat, we headed out to the Northern Nevada Suds-n-Grub.
main.php

To good friends, good times and a very Happy Birthday to Adam - CHEERS!!
main.php

If you know where this trail is, please keep any information about it, it's location or how to get there off the internet. While it is an open trail, it is one that the locals do in fact prefer to keep "secret", or as much as possible. Your help in keeping it this way would be most appreciated. :cool:

David1tontj

Wow. That looks like an awesome trail! I'll have to try to find it next time I'm driving through Carson city! Great pics!!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That trail look like fun.

Oh yeah, a ton of fun :yup:

Awesome pics as always, looks like a great trail to run in secrecy.

LOL!! Indeed, maybe even in the dark :crazyeyes:

Wow. That looks like an awesome trail! I'll have to try to find it next time I'm driving through Carson city! Great pics!!

If you're coming through town, let me know and I'll take you out there :cool:

Looks like a fun one!

:sigh:

You could have joined us :bleh:

Secret Canyon is just one of the many awesome trails that we have up here in Northern Nevada and really, it's trails like this that make us love living here. Close to town, short enough to do in a day and yet, hard enough to be a real challenge and of course, a ton of fun. While our good friend Adam was up here visiting us earlier in the week, we decided to do a run up this awesome trail and here are some photos from our day out on this Secret trail.

If you know where this trail is, please keep any information about it, it's location or how to get there off the internet. While it is an open trail, it is one that the locals do in fact prefer to keep "secret", or as much as possible. Your help in keeping it this way would be most appreciated. :cool:

I have ran this trail a few times. It's a fun trail. Wish it was a little longer. Thanks for sharing the photos. I don't think many people know about secret canyon. Would love to meet you up there sometime.

Last edited:

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I have ran this trail a few times. It's a fun trail. Wish it was a little longer. Thanks for sharing the photos. I don't think many people know about secret canyon. Would love to meet you up there sometime.

Did you seriously just quote all 60 photos? ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431049412.816556.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The way my week has turned out I absolutely should have. :yup:

Well, there will be a next time and you'll need to join us for it :yup:

Sounds like we need to set up another run in the near future :cool:

Did you seriously just quote all 60 photos? View attachment 141781

LOL!! As you will notice, I just edited his post to fix that :crazyeyes:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds good. Any Friday is good with me. I would like to run the trail you ran on Tuesday also. Heard through the grape vine it was a very good trail.

LOL!! Yeah, I got some pics of that run and will try to get them up by tomorrow. We could do that too :yup:

Top Bottom