WAYALIFE EPIC TREX : Californial or Bust Part 2 - The Final Stretch

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
main.php

Last year, 9 Jeeps and 15 members of WAYALIFE set out on a two week epic trek across the California Emigrant Trail. With our starting point in Independence, Missouri, our plan was to head west in our modern prairie schooners and retrace the original trail to the best of our ability and all the way to the gold filled hills out in California. Unfortunately, our journey ended in a bust as one of the Jeeps in our caravan suffered a terrible accident as we made our way across the Nevada desert and our trip had to be cut short.

On Saturday, June 13th, almost a year to the day when we were forced to end our epic trek across the California Emigrant Trail, 6 of the original 10 Jeeps will be picking up where we left off and setting out to complete it. At only 4 days in length, this will be a much shorter trip then the one last year and it'll be one that will only cover the Nevada to California stretch. Also, we will be taking some liberties to change things up a bit to make this trip a lot more fun! If you have the time and would like to join us, please let us know by posting up on this thread. Space is limited so be sure to let us know as soon as possible.

The Plan
We will be leaving Carson City, NV on June 13, 2015 and heading east to the town of Ely. Along the way, we will be making a few stops to check out some of the great stuff you can find out in the Northern Nevada desert. From there, we will head north until we hook back up to the California Emigrant Trail and then make a stop over at a great interpretive center before making our way west to our camping destination for the day. The following day, we will cross what most emigrants considered the most difficult length of the Carson Route known as "the 40 mile desert". Once in Carson City, we will change things up, make our way to Virginia City and spend the night in the oldest and longest running hotel in the state of Nevada. To complete our trip, we will work our way across a historic route connecting Virginia City, NV to Nevada City, CA and once we're in California, we will be lodging one last time in the old mining town of Downeyville. From here, you can either head on home or make the trek back to Carson City with the rest of us.

Who's Coming
1. CarsonCindy & wayoflife
2. JeepFan & GemHunter
3. Moochie
4. Trail Bud
5. JAGS
6. SierraSilver (Sat-Mon)
7. getoverit (Mon-Tues)
8. NV375

NOTE: We do not have anymore rooms blocked off at the towns we will be stopping at. While you are more than welcome to still join us, you will need to find your own accommodations.

There are no minimum requirements for vehicles to attend this run but you will be required to have a WAYALIFE windshield decal on your rig. Lodging is limited and information on where you will need to book your rooms will be provided by PM. Please let me know if you have any questions.

main.php

Trail JK

Wish I had the time off to go on every trip, I'll be watching for the photos. :) It will be good to see the final leg of this adventure come together as it should.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yes. But we'll be on a different adventure those days. :D

Is that the week of Hawaii for you?

Yes he does. Please add him to the going list. Lol

LOL!! I should just to make him join us :D

Wish I had the time off to go on every trip, I'll be watching for the photos. :) It will be good to see the final leg of this adventure come together as it should.

Bummer you can't make it but I can totally understand you not being able to make it. :grayno:

JAGS

Hooked
I really wanted to do this trek last year but couldn't. Though only a small portion, it sounds like fun. Need to check a few things on the work front, but should be able to pull it off. You can put an * next to my name and I'll firm things up early this week. 😉👍

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I really wanted to do this trek last year but couldn't. Though only a small portion, it sounds like fun. Need to check a few things on the work front, but should be able to pull it off. You can put an * next to my name and I'll firm things up early this week. 

Cool, I'll get you added to the list and will hope that you can make it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
When is too late to let you know? I should have an answer in a couple of weeks, unfortunately.

I suppose you could let us know the day of the trip but I wouldn't know where you would be staying each night. As of now, we have blocked rooms at each destination and will be holding them for the week. If you're willing to stay in a hotel away from us, I see no reason why you couldn't still come. :yup:

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

I suppose you could let us know the day of the trip but I wouldn't know where you would be staying each night. As of now, we have blocked rooms at each destination and will be holding them for the week. If you're willing to stay in a hotel away from us, I see no reason why you couldn't still come. :yup:

More then fair, thank you! I'll let you know asap.

SierraSilver

Let me clarify, we can only camp Saturday night, and hotel Sunday night. I can run most of Monday, but I have to head home that evening.

RanchoRubi

Caught the Bug
I'm really sad we wont be completing the final leg of this epic trek. Work schedules can be a PIA.

To the returning six, I will be following in spirit. To the ones joining this leg, you are in for a great adventure and modern relive of history. 👍

Top Bottom