Amber Rock Lights - Pics and Opinions?

JAGS

Hooked
I'm curious if anyone is running amber lights for rock lights. I'm leaning toward this direction, but haven't really seen a Jeep set up with them. Maybe there is a reason why. Amber not good for rock lights? Maybe consensus is it doesn't look good? Really not sure? Looking for pics and opinions.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
The purpose of a rock light is to be able to see the axle. If you put stupid colored lights underneath it kind of defeats the purpose, no?

JAGS

Hooked
Thanks all for the feedback and that's why I posted up. My "thought" was they would still be bright enough to serve the purpose of seeing rocks and being able to work under the jeep if so needed. Some white LEDs have a blueish tint so thought amber might be an option to avoid that. As stated in first post, maybe there were reasons why you don't see it more. I'm not talking green, blue, red, etc as that's not what my goal was. Though was thinking amber, nothing's been purchased yet. Thanks again for the feedback, keep it coming. :thumb:

JAGS

Hooked
It is your rig as well. You can always get an inexpensive set to hook up.

Yeah, might do that with the halos. Oh, maybe you mean rock lights. Lol.

If the ambers won't be functional if/when you actually need, does me no good to have them. Looks is just one part of the equation.

JAGS

Hooked
Stupid color light = ricer underglow

Not sure amber is a stupid color, as it has many uses, just might not be a direction for rock lights. Big rigs also use a lot amber, and those are far from ricers.

Overlanders second part of that comment is much more pertinent.

Rccrwlr

Not sure amber is a stupid color, as it has many uses, just might not be a direction for rock lights. Big rigs also use a lot amber, and those are far from ricers.

Overlanders second part of that comment is much more pertinent.

However the topic is rock lights not truck lights and other uses for Amber lights.

I stand by Color = ricer!

Unless ur CrippledPetey or MagellianJenn then ur just cool!

I'm curious if anyone is running amber lights for rock lights. I'm leaning toward this direction, but haven't really seen a Jeep set up with them. Maybe there is a reason why. Amber not good for rock lights? Maybe consensus is it doesn't look good? Really not sure? Looking for pics and opinions.

I would say if you want a color pick a color. I've done a lot of night wheeling and honestly unless something happens you very rarely "need" rock lights. People may say colored lights look stupid or they don't work...really it's BS. If you like the look and they project enough light to be visible they do their job. I chose green because that's what I like and really no other reason. I made sure there is functional light underneath and left it. I do know if you do a lot of snow wheeling a colored light can help visibility because white just washes out on the snow but that is a really really small segment lol. I wouldn't choose a color based on that.

JAGS

Hooked
However the topic is rock lights not truck lights and other uses for Amber lights.

I stand by Color = ricer!

Unless ur CrippledPetey or MagellianJenn then ur just cool!

I did ask for opinions and you certainly have yours. Guess one needs to have 100k rig to change your mind. 😉

I would say if you want a color pick a color. I've done a lot of night wheeling and honestly unless something happens you very rarely "need" rock lights. People may say colored lights look stupid or they don't work...really it's BS. If you like the look and they project enough light to be visible they do their job. I chose green because that's what I like and really no other reason. I made sure there is functional light underneath and left it. I do know if you do a lot of snow wheeling a colored light can help visibility because white just washes out on the snow but that is a really really small segment lol. I wouldn't choose a color based on that.

That's the thing, not sure I would like it. Why I was hoping for pics too, but seems not to be any samples. Only ones I could find online were big rigs, trucks and one jeep.

I did ask for opinions and you certainly have yours. Guess one needs to have 100k rig to change your mind. 😉

That's the thing, not sure I would like it. Why I was hoping for pics too, but seems not to be any samples. Only ones I could find online were big rigs, trucks and one jeep.

Ya sorry no pics here :(

Top Bottom