Amber Rock Lights - Pics and Opinions?

Rccrwlr

I did ask for opinions and you certainly have yours. Guess one needs to have 100k rig to change your mind. 😉

Yup. Money is everything to me. I had to review all of my friends parts receipts before I let them influence me on parts.

Riley Moss

Just do what Eddie did with the platinum burners from Walmart.
It was 30 bucks and an hour of screwing around under the hood and bam rock lights ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1433781888.352505.jpg

JAGS

Hooked
Just do what Eddie did with the platinum burners from Walmart.
It was 30 bucks and an hour of screwing around under the hood and bam rock lights

Oh yeah, I'm aware of the options out there. I don't think they make those lights anymore though. They are LED now. I could be wrong, but the sample I saw, they had a slightly blueish tint to the light, as some "white" LEDs have.

ttfhell

Oh yeah, I'm aware of the options out there. I don't think they make those lights anymore though. They are LED now. I could be wrong, but the sample I saw, they had a slightly blueish tint to the light, as some "white" LEDs have.

Adam tried them and they sucked enough to do something else. I'm using the Lux ones that are on magnets and they are bright and you can put wherever you want. The burners while cheap and easy are fragile, easy to knock off, and fill with water. I'd have to go to three different Walmarts to find them too. After replacing three of them I just gave up. You can get them in a rainbow of colors too like you want;)

I'm using the Lux ones that are on magnets and they are bright and you can put wherever you want.

Mine are one the way :thumb: Just wire them up and stick them where you want. My type of install! (Jags type of install as well :bleh:)

ttfhell

Mine are one the way :thumb: Just wire them up and stick them where you want. My type of install! (Jags type of install as well :bleh:)

Just an idea but I ran one up the passenger side of the hood to the front edge by the latch. Makes a good engine bay light. I had a trip where I was adding power steering fluid every 20 minutes on a night run with a flash light. Decided not to do that again.

Just an idea but I ran one up the passenger side of the hood to the front edge by the latch. Makes a good engine bay light. I had a trip where I was adding power steering fluid every 20 minutes on a night run with a flash light. Decided not to do that again.

I just ordered the 4 point kit but was thinking of getting another for those types of applications - some hood lighting goes a long way :thumb:

JAGS

Hooked
Adam tried them and they sucked enough to do something else. I'm using the Lux ones that are on magnets and they are bright and you can put wherever you want. The burners while cheap and easy are fragile, easy to knock off, and fill with water. I'd have to go to three different Walmarts to find them too. After replacing three of them I just gave up. You can get them in a rainbow of colors too like you want;)

That's some of the reasons I'm not looking at the burners, especially the newer LED ones.

I've seen the lux lights and the magnet feature is pretty cool. I also like the eagle eyes as they too are small and can get them out of the way. Nothing has convinced me that ambers are a good way to go, whether it be because people don't like the way they look to them not serving the actual function well.

Do you have any pics of the LUX lights?

ttfhell

That's some of the reasons I'm not looking at the burners, especially the newer LED ones.

I've seen the lux lights and the magnet feature is pretty cool. I also like the eagle eyes as they too are small and can get them out of the way. Nothing has convinced me that ambers are a good way to go, whether it be because people don't like the way they look to them not serving the actual function well.

Do you have any pics of the LUX lights?

Not on my phone. Maybe on my iPad at home.

JAGS

Hooked
Not on my phone. Maybe on my iPad at home.

Slacker. :cheesy: If you remember in the next week or so, post up some pics here. I know they are not "amber," but I would like to see them as I've yet to purchase any rock lights.

JAGS

Hooked
Maybe it's just me. I think Amber would look good. Give it a whirl and see how it goes.

#areyouserious

LOL, ^^ This came from the other thread as we are behind on developing a sarcasm font for the forum. In any case, I think it is just us to even think it. Not sure I'm willing to give it go based on majority feeback. But who knows.

lol.
No really. I think it'll look good.

Don't you have rear amber running lights to the rear already? Would match up perfectly.

JAGS

Hooked
lol.
No really. I think it'll look good.

Don't you have rear amber running lights to the rear already? Would match up perfectly.

No additional lighting yet. But yes, I will have rear facing dust lights that will have cover option to make them amber. I think there are two votes to do what ever I want/amber and a number of others who dont think it's a good idea. :icon_crazy:

ttfhell

No additional lighting yet. But yes, I will have rear facing dust lights that will have cover option to make them amber. I think there are two votes to do what ever I want/amber and a number of others who dont think it's a good idea. :icon_crazy:

Do you have winch lighting?

Buddy of mine....

I'll try to find another pic

11046493_966573456686375_898675158226065311_n.jpg

JAGS

Hooked
Do you have winch lighting?

Negative as I don't yet have a winch. Wait, is that what you meant???

View attachment 147864
Wha????? :cheesy:

Go Amber it go home JAGS.

Yes, Amber for rear dust lights. Not an issue. On that already. Also have some rear camp lights squared away now.

It's just rock lights I've not yet pulled the trigger on....and maybe winch lighting, depending on what that is. Lol

Buddy of mine....

I'll try to find another pic

11046493_966573456686375_898675158226065311_n.jpg

Closest thing to sample I've seen posted. So honestly though, how'd it look in person.

Top Bottom