PDA

View Full Version : Any jeeps with the new prorock xd60

scrhino
10-27-2015, 03:57 AM
Just watched dynatrac's video on the pr xd60 and was wondering if there are any jeeps with them? Is the rear version better/equal to the pr80?

wayoflife
10-27-2015, 04:09 AM
We're hoping to get one some day but don't have one and don't know anyone with one yet. Sorry.

jk12blk
10-27-2015, 03:31 PM
I spoke with Dynatrac the week before last. I'm debating between the XD60 or a custom SpiderTrax axle to replace my PR44 now that I'm 40s. I believe the person I spoke with at Dynatrac said the XD has a 10" ring gear, stronger pumpkin , and new new stronger cover - as compared to the PR60. The outers are the same as the PR60 if I recall what he said correctly. And I thought he said Offroad Evolution was selling them now. I recommend calling Dynatrac to get the details if you want one. Btw, if you plan on installing your own custom mounts you can save roughly $600 by ordering bare tubes.

Havoc40
10-27-2015, 04:55 PM
This pic was on ORE's Facebook page. The tubes look massive!

scrhino
10-27-2015, 07:40 PM
http://youtu.be/TZeY0Vb2dU4

Here's Jim talking about it. The cover actually adds to the pumpkin strength, not just holds oil in.

SDG
10-28-2015, 04:51 PM
I heard they would be avaliable sometime after SEMA. But this was back at EJS when I talked to them.

kaptkrappy
10-28-2015, 05:39 PM
Great Googly Moogly !!

Sorry not actually adding to the discussion.

Gadget
10-28-2015, 07:18 PM
So this is for those that need more than a PR60 but less than an 80?

jnabird333
10-28-2015, 07:20 PM
So this is for those that need more than a PR60 but less than an 80?

The PR80 is a rear axle... Throughout the video Jim only referenced this axle as a front.

BigPrince
10-28-2015, 08:58 PM
The PR80 is a rear axle... Throughout the video Jim only referenced this axle as a front.

You can get an 80 in the front also. It is only a larger R&P, Housing though. I have a quote for one.

bouche03
10-29-2015, 01:11 AM
Good lord-those tubes are massive

iRonin
03-29-2016, 07:28 PM
Not to resurrect this thread if it's too old but I do have an XD60 in the rear now, and I'm a few miles out from breaking it in so it's close to prime time. Happy to answer questions best I can, and my build thread also has a time-lapse of the swap. :beer:

The only sort of atypical thing I did with my config was opting to keep the 5x5 pattern seeing as how I already had a PR44 in the front set up that way, and my ProComp wheels continue to surprise me so bead-locks keep getting pushed out on the upgrade priority.

NevadaZielmeister
03-29-2016, 07:35 PM
Not to resurrect this thread if it's too old but I do have an XD60 in the rear now, and I'm a few miles out from breaking it in so it's close to prime time. Happy to answer questions best I can, and my build thread also has a time-lapse of the swap. :beer:

The only sort of atypical thing I did with my config was opting to keep the 5x5 pattern seeing as how I already had a PR44 in the front set up that way, and my ProComp wheels continue to surprise me so bead-locks keep getting pushed out on the upgrade priority.

We would love to see a photo if you can.

I am taking my rig into ORE in May and will have an XD60 in the rear as well. I would love to see the brakes, since I understand the rear axle has very large brakes, so much so that I only needed to go with the Progrips in the front on my PR44.

MTG
03-29-2016, 07:50 PM

I am taking my rig into ORE in May and will have an XD60 in the rear as well. I would love to see the brakes, since I understand the rear axle has very large brakes, so much so that I only needed to go with the Progrips in the front on my PR44.

You are going with a PR44 in the front? :thinking:

MTG
03-29-2016, 07:51 PM
http://youtu.be/TZeY0Vb2dU4

Here's Jim talking about it. The cover actually adds to the pumpkin strength, not just holds oil in.

Thanks for posting this. Every time I go wheeling with Eddie and Cindy I reevaluate my axle choices.

MTG
03-29-2016, 07:52 PM
We're hoping to get one some day but don't have one and don't know anyone with one yet. Sorry.

Let me know if you decide to ditch your current set up. ;)

NevadaZielmeister
03-29-2016, 07:54 PM

Yeh, I am only going up to 37 inch tires. PR60 in the front would have been overkill for 37 inches, in my limited and humble opinion. I will have to use two front spacers to meet up the front wheels with the rear XD60 axle width as well as making the bolt pattern match the rear 5.5 on 5 for the XD60.

Starting in June, let's see if you and I can break the front axle, okay? :rock:

iRonin
03-30-2016, 05:44 AM

Sorry to disappoint, but I did not go with the upgraded brakes on the rear - in the time-lapse you can see me swap the backing plates/rotors over from the original D44 setup, so it's all still stock. To be fair, Dynatrac did recommend I go ahead and upgrade the brakes but TBH, on 37s I haven't really noticed a problem with stoppage, so I'm going to use my experience on the D60 to see if it changes my mind. I suppose I could do some controlled 60-0 tests and see what kinds of distances I get. Any particular pics you want otherwise?

Yeh, I am only going up to 37 inch tires. PR60 in the front would have been overkill for 37 inches, in my limited and humble opinion. I will have to use two front spacers to meet up the front wheels with the rear XD60 axle width as well as making the bolt pattern match the rear 5.5 on 5 for the XD60.

Starting in June, let's see if you and I can break the front axle, okay? :rock:

I'm in the same boat; the original plan for this build was to stop at 37" tires, however with my wife having a 2 door, should I decide to go 40s later, she would inherit the PR44 (and whatever 37s I have) as an upgrade, and I'd just need to swap in another xd60 for my front. Note that unless you're doing 5.5 on 5 on purpose you can have the XD60 configured to match - I had mind done to the standard 07+ JK 5 on 5.

JK_Dave
03-30-2016, 03:59 PM
Note that unless you're doing 5.5 on 5 on purpose you can have the XD60 configured to match - I had mind done to the standard 07+ JK 5 on 5.

Unless you want full float that is...

Exodus Jeeps
03-30-2016, 04:29 PM

Yup. Had a 30 minute conversation with Steve at Dynatrac exploring the options of going the 60 route. Probably going to end up with same setup iRonin went with. The full float is just overkill for what I'm gonna do and it's not just another $2500 more when you have to buy beadlocks all over again. Not to mention you run into the issue of compatibility across rigs on the trail and I don't run with anybody that has 5x5.5.

highoctane
03-30-2016, 04:35 PM
My Jeep goes to Offroad Evolution in 2 weeks for my build, and will have a front XD60. I'll post some pics up once it's done.

NevadaZielmeister
03-30-2016, 04:42 PM
Sorry to disappoint, but I did not go with the upgraded brakes on the rear - in the time-lapse you can see me swap the backing plates/rotors over from the original D44 setup, so it's all still stock. To be fair, Dynatrac did recommend I go ahead and upgrade the brakes but TBH, on 37s I haven't really noticed a problem with stoppage, so I'm going to use my experience on the D60 to see if it changes my mind. I suppose I could do some controlled 60-0 tests and see what kinds of distances I get. Any particular pics you want otherwise?

I'm in the same boat; the original plan for this build was to stop at 37" tires, however with my wife having a 2 door, should I decide to go 40s later, she would inherit the PR44 (and whatever 37s I have) as an upgrade, and I'd just need to swap in another xd60 for my front. Note that unless you're doing 5.5 on 5 on purpose you can have the XD60 configured to match - I had mind done to the standard 07+ JK 5 on 5.

No disappointment, but by going with the full float option, you get much larger rotors already, a bit of savings. I am not sure I understand which time-lapse you are referring to. Maybe you can provide a link of some kind?

Yup. Had a 30 minute conversation with Steve at Dynatrac exploring the options of going the 60 route. Probably going to end up with same setup iRonin went with. The full float is just overkill for what I'm gonna do and it's not just another $2500 more when you have to buy beadlocks all over again. Not to mention you run into the issue of compatibility across rigs on the trail and I don't run with anybody that has 5x5.5.

Thank you Dave and Granite. This is what Drew over at ORE told me when we were working on the build. I made the decision to go with full float due to the extra strength. I am surprised not more people are running this, so maybe I will get you guys some photos in June when the build is completed. I am not concerned about running someone else's wheels on the trail, such that I have a 5th wheel as a spare. Besides, wheels being different as they are, I would hate to use another tire that has a different circumference and then damage gearing. I am not sure if this is a very real hazard, but really, how many times do you borrow another person's wheel on the trail? Forgive me with my lack of experience on this.

NevadaZielmeister
03-30-2016, 04:43 PM
My Jeep goes to Offroad Evolution in 2 weeks for my build, and will have a front XD60. I'll post some pics up once it's done.

Awesome!!!! You and me in the Fall, right? We can compare then.

Exodus Jeeps
03-30-2016, 05:09 PM
I am not concerned about running someone else's wheels on the trail, such that I have a 5th wheel as a spare. Besides, wheels being different as they are, I would hate to use another tire that has a different circumference and then damage gearing. I am not sure if this is a very real hazard, but really, how many times do you borrow another person's wheel on the trail? Forgive me with my lack of experience on this.

Hopefully it never happens. It's just something to consider and but I wouldn't build my rig around it. Personally I don't feel the need for a full float unless I go 40's, and if I do go up to 40's then I'll probably be doing a whole lot more so I'd buy the cheapest '07 I could find and start fresh.

hinrichs
03-30-2016, 05:36 PM
I wish I could go full float but state laws prevent me going that route due to width. I just dont want to deal with bending flanges anymore.

TrainWreck618
03-30-2016, 05:43 PM
I wish I could go full float but state laws prevent me going that route due to width. I just dont want to deal with bending flanges anymore.

Every time I here about state laws it seems it always has to do with PA..

Are the police out there hunting down jeeps or something? Are they seriously harassing people on wider axels?

Sorry ahead of time if this a dumb question. I just don't ever see police giving jeeps trouble around here, unless there doing something dumb.

iRonin
03-30-2016, 08:02 PM
No disappointment, but by going with the full float option, you get much larger rotors already, a bit of savings. I am not sure I understand which time-lapse you are referring to. Maybe you can provide a link of some kind?
Thank you Dave and Granite. This is what Drew over at ORE told me when we were working on the build. I made the decision to go with full float due to the extra strength. I am surprised not more people are running this, so maybe I will get you guys some photos in June when the build is completed. I am not concerned about running someone else's wheels on the trail, such that I have a 5th wheel as a spare. Besides, wheels being different as they are, I would hate to use another tire that has a different circumference and then damage gearing. I am not sure if this is a very real hazard, but really, how many times do you borrow another person's wheel on the trail? Forgive me with my lack of experience on this.

Fair enough, I should have pointed out that I also did not go with a full-float. The time-lapse I was talking about was from my build thread, direct vid link here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfcd0rzIyrg)

cozdude
03-30-2016, 08:04 PM
Every time I here about state laws it seems it always has to do with PA..

Are the police out there hunting down jeeps or something? Are they seriously harassing people on wider axels?

Sorry ahead of time if this a dumb question. I just don't ever see police giving jeeps trouble around here, unless there doing something dumb.

It's not really the police but more of a state inspection issue.

TrainWreck618
03-30-2016, 08:12 PM
It's not really the police but more of a state inspection issue.

Didn't even think of inspections.. Thanks for the response