Mods required to run 37" tires on 2dr Rubicon 3.6

I'm thinking about upgrading my 35 inch tires to 37's. and I have stock Rubicon axles with the C gussets gusseted I am a light to moderate off roader very minimal rock crawling can I get away with it with the current setup or do I need to beef up axles more

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, you can make it work. Speed more than anything will bend an axle housing and I wouldn't throw anymore money into what you have now. If anything, you may end up needing new front axle shafts but, I would deal with that when you get there. What you will want with a set of 37's is a regear. I personally would recommend 5.13's.

Yeah, you can make it work. Speed more than anything will bend an axle housing and I wouldn't throw anymore money into what you have now. If anything, you may end up needing new front axle shafts but, I would deal with that when you get there. What you will want with a set of 37's is a regear. I personally would recommend 5.13's.

Cool. I'm looking into the mastercraft courser mxt. Couple of my jeep club friends have them and like them. They've been measuring around 35.5 mounted. Any thoughts on these tires.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Cool. I'm looking into the mastercraft courser mxt. Couple of my jeep club friends have them and like them. They've been measuring around 35.5 mounted. Any thoughts on these tires.

First, ALL tires have a true measurement than what is stated on the sidewalls and if anything, 35.5" sounds like a nice 37 on the tall side. I have no experience running the Mastercraft MXT's but they do look nice.

jkwebbie

I have 37 Mastercrafts on my 2 door and love them. I've took them on quite a few tough trails and haven't had one problem with them. And they are pretty damn quiet for a mud terrain.

jkwebbie

Here's some pics of them on my Jeep

Attachments

• 1450363540891.jpg
    1450363540891.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 1,022
  • 1450363598212.jpg
    1450363598212.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 1,031
  • 1450363623912.jpg
    1450363623912.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 1,026

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
On my previous 2 door, I ran 37s with 3" Evo plush ride coils and loved it. Very capable on all trails I took it on. All I did was gussets and shafts. I would deff suggest a regear tho, as that was something I never did.

Those tires do look great, and have a good price point as well it seems.

RebelconJk

I'm running Mastercraft 37" on my 2-door as well, great tire super quite on the road! I also have a Rubicon, i did cromo axle shafts, 5.13 gears, and C gussets up front. 5.13 works well for me i have a manual trans.

I have 37 Mastercrafts on my 2 door and love them. I've took them on quite a few tough trails and haven't had one problem with them. And they are pretty damn quiet for a mud terrain.

Nice jeep too. Gecko is a great color. Can't wait to see what the hypergreen will be like for the 2016 model

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Good to know. I just assumed from some of the posts I read it would be required. Thanks for the reply :thumb:

You will notice in the rocks, is when it would be nice to have when you need to turn your wheels and you just cant without backing up a little if that makes sense.

jkwebbie

Still liking those Mastercraft's? I got mine installed last week, loving them so far! I can't believe how quite they are on the road!

Oh yea man, still liking them! I've had them on for about 2-3k miles now and still quite. They've conquered every trail I've took them on from Windrock Offroad Park in TN to the Gulches in SC and everything in between.

What size lift you running?

3" EVO coils with Clayton Offroad control arms

Clifford33

Caught the Bug

Hey Eddie what should I re gear my 4 door jk x to if I want to move up to 35s?

On my previous 2 door, I ran 37s with 3" Evo plush ride coils and loved it. Very capable on all trails I took it on. All I did was gussets and shafts. I would deff suggest a regear tho, as that was something I never did.

Those tires do look great, and have a good price point as well it seems.

What axle ratio were you running at that time

Top Bottom