Wave from Long Beach, CA!

Alon

Hello Everyone!

My Name is Alon, new the Jeep scene but not to playing in the dirt. I have been in the off road industry for many years, mainly in the go-fast desert racing scene. As this is my first Jeep and I've never played on the rocks before I'm looking to get to know my Jeep and start going on more and more trails. I just spent a week in Johnson Valley (KOH lake bed) for new years and got to stretch her legs and get her dirty.

Sorry for the photo dump... here are some pics of my baby!

Last edited:

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Welcome to the forum, I'm gonna try to be polite, but did you happen to read the rules when you signed up?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
My Name is Alon, new to Wayalife and the Jeep scene but not to playing in the dirt. I have been in the off road industry for many years, mainly in the go-fast desert racing scene. I now work for TMG (Transamerican Manufacturing Group) which consists of Pro Comp, Rubicon Express, G2 Axle and Gear, Poison Spyder and more.

Hey Alon, I remember seeing your Jeep at the Poison Spyder display at SEMA. I have to say that it looks great and so do the pics you posted up featuring all the products Transamerican makes and 4WheelParts sells. I really hope you don't take this the wrong way as I'd really prefer to maintain a friendly relationship with you but it is my understanding that you have already had a conversation with piginajeep during SEMA and one regarding our rules. I believe your response to him was, and I quote...

"Definitely understand. I've been on forums for many many years and know how frustrating it can be with non paying (spamming) vs paying vendors etc. I am not looking to push any of the TAP products more than any other Jeep user excited about their Jeep, I'm just here to meet other Jeepers and get to know some people to go wheeling with."

That being said, I have to say that it's kind of hard to not see your introduction here as being a form of advertising. While I appreciate your honesty and being up front about who you work for so that there's no confusion as to why you would speak so highly about the products you run or where you got them from, our rules would technically prevent you from participating on the forum at all.

Can manufacturers or vendors participate on WAYALIFE.com?
Manufacturers and vendors may only participate on WAYALIFE.com if they are a paying advertiser. Manufacturers and vendors found to be soliciting, discussing who they are or the goods and/or services they provide will have their account suspended.

http://wayalife.com/faq.php?faq=wayaliferules#faq_vendors

So you know, I would prefer to turn a blind eye to all this but in order for me to do that, I'd really need for you to keep who you work for and the parts you're running out of the conversation here. And, so long as I don't get any complaints from our advertisers, I don't think we will have a problem. I hope you can be understanding of my position here.

Alon

Hey Alon, I remember seeing your Jeep at the Poison Spyder display at SEMA. I have to say that it looks great and so do the pics you posted up featuring all the products Transamerican makes and 4WheelParts sells. I really hope you don't take this the wrong way as I'd really prefer to maintain a friendly relationship with you but it is my understanding that you have already had a conversation with piginajeep during SEMA and one regarding our rules. I believe your response to him was, and I quote...

"Definitely understand. I've been on forums for many many years and know how frustrating it can be with non paying (spamming) vs paying vendors etc. I am not looking to push any of the TAP products more than any other Jeep user excited about their Jeep, I'm just here to meet other Jeepers and get to know some people to go wheeling with."

That being said, I have to say that it's kind of hard to not see your introduction here as being a form of advertising. While I appreciate your honesty and being up front about who you work for so that there's no confusion as to why you would speak so highly about the products you run or where you got them from, our rules would technically prevent you from participating on the forum at all.

So you know, I would prefer to turn a blind eye to all this but in order for me to do that, I'd really need for you to keep who you work for and the parts you're running out of the conversation here. And, so long as I don't get any complaints from our advertisers, I don't think we will have a problem. I hope you can be understanding of my position here.

As I said previously, I'm not trying to step on anyone's toes, just get to know some fellow Jeepers and go on some trail runs. If I had kept it a secret (not sure how I would have been able to do that) about where I work, everyone would have complained that I was being too sneaky. I am being up front about where I work and of course I want to talk about the products on my Jeep just as much as any other Jeeper with new parts. With that said, there is a difference between talking parts and soliciting, and I do understand that. Am I going to get harassed by the forum police if I post pictures of new mods on my Jeep if it is a product that we sell? Am I allowed to post pictures at all, since there are manufacturer stickers on it? I'm hoping this forum will be a place to meet some new friends and get to learn more about my JK. Hoping to make it to the Anaheim meet at the end of the month, hopefully you (Eddie) and I can have a :beer: and live happily ever after. :thumb:

WJCO

Meme King
And, so long as I don't get any complaints from our advertisers, I don't think we will have a problem. I hope you can be understanding of my position here.

^^I think Eddie answered that question.

Am I going to get harassed by the forum police if I post pictures of new mods on my Jeep if it is a product that we sell? Am I allowed to post pictures at all, since there are manufacturer stickers on it?

Obviously Eddie's call, but...

You have a cool Jeep and have put a lot of time and money into it. If you are just here to solicit, it will become apparent rather quickly and you won't mesh. If you truly are here for the camaraderie, Welcome aboard.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Am I going to get harassed by the forum police if I post pictures of new mods on my Jeep if it is a product that we sell?

You mean the people here who donate their time to help moderate this free forum in a manner consistent with that required by the owners of this free forum, consistent with the rules established by those owners, and clearly stated as a condition of your free participation on this free forum?

Well, yes. If I see you violating forum rules I will promptly shove my proverbial forum foot right up your forum ass. ;)

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
You mean the people here who donate their time to help moderate this free forum in a manner consistent with that required by the owners of the this free forum, consistent with the rules established by those owners, and clearly stated as a condition of your free participation on this free forum?

Well, yes. If I see you violating forum rules I will promptly shove my proverbial forum foot right up your forum ass. ;)

^^And that legal language will surely hold up in court, my friend. Clearly stated. :thumb:

JAGS

Hooked
The BIG picture of 4WP seems totally legit to me. :crazyeyes: :grayno:

OP, maybe go back through a clean up your initial pics posted so not a deliberate violation of the rules here. That is, assuming you are here NOT here to solicit.

Alon

The BIG picture of 4WP seems totally legit to me. :crazyeyes: :grayno:

OP, maybe go back through a clean up your initial pics posted so not a deliberate violation of the rules here. That is, assuming you are here NOT here to solicit.

Not sure why I keep repeating myself but I am not here to solicit, I am being up front about my employer and if there is an issue with me being on this forum, that is something that Eddie can talk to me about.

Hello from Brea, Ca. I was wondering about the red stripe but then it all made sense! Nice rig!

Thanks! The graphics will be going on the full doors on Thursday, can't wait to get it all to match.

But did you make it up Backdoor?

:thumb: Was wondering who was going to recognize that obstacle... That was literally the first thing I took the Jeep on, was just playing on the rocks leading up to Backdoor, once I made it that far I at least had to see how far up it would go. The bottom is so deep now from all of the big tire, big HP rigs that I'm surprised I even made it that far up. Definitely backed out of that one, I've seen too many rigs roll to attempt to go all the way up.

JAGS

Hooked
Not sure why I keep repeating myself but I am not here to solicit, I am being up front about my employer and if there is an issue with me being on this forum, that is something that Eddie can talk to me about.

If you're not here for those purposes, then why not delete the pic? At least those clearly promoting? You stated your employer several times. We get it. No need to post a billboard. You're putting the owner of this forum in a difficult spot as already stated.

Just noting and sharing some friendly advice that actions speak louder than words around here. Others may not give you the benefit of the doubt. One thing you'll learn about this place is we all tend to look out for each other. We don't always need Eddie to police ourselves/others.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
If you're not here for those purposes, then why not delete the pic? At least those clearly promoting? You stated your employer several times. We get it. No need to post a billboard. You're putting the owner of this forum in a difficult spot as already stated.

Just noting and sharing some friendly advice that actions speak louder than words around here. Others may not give you the benefit of the doubt. One thing you'll learn about this place is we all tend to look out for each other. We don't always need Eddie to police ourselves/others.

Really the one picture of his jeep parked in front of four wheel parts isn't the issue. The issue is this is his second post talking about where he works and who built his jeep.

Jk909

If everybody keeps hammering the guy then where he works is going to keep coming up. Eddie already addressed the issue with him and I don't thinks it's necessary for others to jump in and give the guy a hard time. Back off and give the guy a chance. In the end we're all jeepers who are fans of eddies work.

Top Bottom