Wave from Long Beach, CA!

swampdog

^^^^^Preach. The guy was as up front as possible about the situation and didn't try to "backdoor" the system (see what I did there?). If the dude starts pushing a product blatantly then handle the situation at that point, but jumping his case before the guy even has a chance seems shitty.

I understand the stance on the vendors and why it is policed - definitely makes for a better forum.

JAGS

Hooked
Really the one picture of his jeep parked in front of four wheel parts isn't the issue. The issue is this is his second post talking about where he works and who built his jeep.

Yeah, I know. Trying to give the guy a little rope. He can use it or not. He's already brought attention, was trying to tone it down a little.

If everybody keeps hammering the guy then where he works is going to keep coming up. Eddie already addressed the issue with him and I don't thinks it's necessary for others to jump in and give the guy a hard time. Back off and give the guy a chance. In the end we're all jeepers who are fans of eddies work.

^^^^^Preach. The guy was as up front as possible about the situation and didn't try to "backdoor" the system (see what I did there?). If the dude starts pushing a product blatantly then handle the situation at that point, but jumping his case before the guy even has a chance seems shitty.

I understand the stance on the vendors and why it is policed - definitely makes for a better forum.

^^ We've seen this before is all. Giving the guy a chance is what I'm trying to do. Far from a hard time if you look at my posts. I've said my .02 and honestly don't really care. I don't know the guy. I'll be done responding to this thread.

swampdog

Yeah, I know. Trying to give the guy a little rope. He can use it or not. He's already brought attention, was trying to tone it down a little.

^^ We've seen this before is all. Giving the guy a chance is what I'm trying to do. Far from a hard time if you look at my posts. I've said my .02 and honestly don't really care. I don't know the guy. I'll be done responding to this thread.

What you said makes sense. I'm out as well.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Alon said:
As I said previously, I'm not trying to step on anyone's toes, just get to know some fellow Jeepers and go on some trail runs.

And as I had said priviously, had asked you just listened to piginajeep when he contacted you by PM back in November and left out who you work for out of the discussion, this wouldn't be an issue now. The fact that you did it again and so publically now is why I felt the need to chime in but in hindsight, I probably should have just enforced our rules and suspended your account.

If I had kept it a secret (not sure how I would have been able to do that) about where I work, everyone would have complained that I was being too sneaky.

You're kidding yourself if you really think that there aren't other guys who work for manufacturers and vendors INCLUDING Transamerican on here now. You'd never know it because they NEVER make it an issue and I don't give them grief because it. Nobody would complain that you're being "sneaky" if you're not doing anything wrong.

I am being up front about where I work...

So that it's clear to everyone, you did this in spite of the fact that you were asked not to.

...and of course I want to talk about the products on my Jeep just as much as any other Jeeper with new parts.

But, you're not just any other Jeeper with new parts - you ARE a Jeeper who works for a large manufacturer and retailer with ALL their parts.

With that said, there is a difference between talking parts and soliciting, and I do understand that.

You'll forgive me but that's just your opinion. In my opinion - the only one that really matters here, there ISN'T a difference when you are or work for a manufacturer or retailer and all the parts you run are made and sold by them. I would hope that you could understand this but to be honest, your understanding isn't required.

Am I going to get harassed by the forum police if I post pictures of new mods on my Jeep if it is a product that we sell? Am I allowed to post pictures at all, since there are manufacturer stickers on it?

Honestly, I don't know. I was totally willing to turn a blind eye to all this after finding out about who you were back in November but now, the more I hear you talk, the more I'm starting to think this is all a bad idea.

I'm hoping this forum will be a place to meet some new friends and get to learn more about my JK. Hoping to make it to the Anaheim meet at the end of the month, hopefully you (Eddie) and I can have a and live happily ever after.

That would be optimal and while there are plenty of guys in your shoes who have done that just fine, I have to say that I'm a bit skeptical as to whether or not you'll be able to make it happen. But, I suppose time will tell.

Not sure why I keep repeating myself but I am not here to solicit, I am being up front about my employer and if there is an issue with me being on this forum, that is something that Eddie can talk to me about.

To be clear, I would have preferred you kept who you work for OUT of the discussion as you had been asked to do back in November. Since you weren't able to do that, it IS an issue for me and I've let you know and I'm letting you know again.

Alon

And as I had said priviously, had asked you just listened to piginajeep when he contacted you by PM back in November and left out who you work for out of the discussion, this wouldn't be an issue now. The fact that you did it again and so publically now is why I felt the need to chime in but in hindsight, I probably should have just enforced our rules and suspended your account.

I was asked to make an intro thread and I did, I have edited my original post as to not ruffle any (more) feathers. If you feel that I shouldn't be here because I am a member of the "industry" and not paying to be here, that is your call.

You're kidding yourself if you really think that there aren't other guys who work for manufacturers and vendors INCLUDING Transamerican on here now. You'd never know it because they NEVER make it an issue and I don't give them grief because it. Nobody would complain that you're being "sneaky" if you're not doing anything wrong.

I am not making this an issue, I introduced myself and didn't try to be sneaky about who I am, it seems as though the long time members keep bringing this issue up.

So that it's clear to everyone, you did this in spite of the fact that you were asked not to.

No spite here, lets make that clear. This is an introduction thread, I introduced myself. I would not go around every thread pushing people on my company's products, but as it is not a secret about the origins of my Jeep, I made it clear who I was (clearly a mistake).

But, you're not just any other Jeeper with new parts - you ARE a Jeeper who works for a large manufacturer and retailer with ALL their parts.

You'll forgive me but that's just your opinion. In my opinion - the only one that really matters here, there ISN'T a difference when you are or work for a manufacturer or retailer and all the parts you run are made and sold by them. I would hope that you could understand this but to be honest, your understanding isn't required.

Honestly, I don't know. I was totally willing to turn a blind eye to all this after finding out about who you were back in November but now, the more I hear you talk, the more I'm starting to think this is all a bad idea.

Again, if you feel that I am such a threat to this community, I'll see myself to the door.

That would be optimal and while there are plenty of guys in your shoes who have done that just fine, I have to say that I'm a bit skeptical as to whether or not you'll be able to make it happen. But, I suppose time will tell.

To be clear, I would have preferred you kept who you work for OUT of the discussion as you had been asked to do back in November. Since you weren't able to do that, it IS an issue for me and I've let you know and I'm letting you know again.

It sure is hard to want to stick around when it seems nobody really wants me here. Believe it or not, I was really looking forward to going on some trail runs with you guys and becoming a part of the Wayalife community. I have been a fan of the Wayalife videos since day 1 and the videos were a huge part of my decision to get a JK. In my opinion, this has all been blown way out of proportion, and I'm done trying to defend myself and my intentions. If you feel I shouldn't be here, I'll gladly step aside. However, If you guys want me to stick around and will be welcoming, I am here to stay and contribute.

Trail JK

I'm glad to see your edit, wish it was sooner.

Just keep things simple...

It sure is hard to want to stick around when it seems nobody really wants me here. Believe it or not, I was really looking forward to going on some trail runs with you guys and becoming a part of the Wayalife community. I have been a fan of the Wayalife videos since day 1 and the videos were a huge part of my decision to get a JK. In my opinion, this has all been blown way out of proportion, and I'm done trying to defend myself and my intentions. If you feel I shouldn't be here, I'll gladly step aside. However, If you guys want me to stick around and will be welcoming, I am here to stay and contribute.

Don't be a martyr...

Not sure why I keep repeating myself but I am not here to solicit, I am being up front about my employer and if there is an issue with me being on this forum, that is something that Eddie can talk to me about.

Don't be a dick...

Then you'll be welcomed.

WJCO

Meme King

Dude, no one ever said they didn't want you here. But I remember when you first posted around Sema time. It seemed like you wanted attention drawn to your Jeep and truthfully you went about it a little undercover, IMO. Then you come back months later with your most recent posts (now edited) that really were in violation to the rules, which Eddie already brought to your attention. You have a nice Jeep and if you truly want to contribute, then you'll fit in fine here. But remember, you are the one that clicked that you would agree to the rules when you signed up here, so as long as you follow them, you probably won't get shit from anybody. Ok the horse will stop being beaten now.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass

I told you in November to keep TAP out of this and not even Mention them or there will be issues, do you remember that ?

You might not be soliciting them but now everyone knows where you work.

Top Bottom