PDA

View Full Version : CRUCERO : Exploring the History & Mysteries of the Mojave Desert

wayoflife
01-24-2016, 05:01 PM
As much as Cindy and I love to play on the rocks, it has always been our love of the desert and our passion for exploring it that brought us into the world of Jeeps. It is for this reason that we always try to spend the first weekend of January taking friends out into the Mojave Desert and to show them some of the amazing places and things we’ve found over the years. On this particular trip, we took them out to an area known as Crucero and showed them the remains of an old F-4 Phantom jet crash, had them push their Jeeps as fast as they could across the Broadwell Dry Lake, invited them to make guesses as to what the Mojave Megaphone really is and had them scramble their way through the depths of Spooky Canyon.

This short destination film is a project that Cindy and I started a while back but had to shelve due to other commitments. While there isn't much "wheeling" in it, we decided to dig it out of the archives and finish it because we felt that the places we visited, the things we saw and all the fun we had with good friends was worthy of sharing and something that a lot of you might still enjoy seeing. We hope you enjoy our presentation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Me0jIm_nFk

WIN A PAIR OF WAYALIFE SHOT GLASSES!!To help celebrate the release of CRUCERO, Cindy and I will be giving away a pair of WAYALIFE shot glasses and if you'd like a chance to WIN them, all you have to do is post up a response on this thread. A WINNER will be selected at random and announced on Sunday, January 31st. You will not have to be online to win. Thank you for watching and good luck to you!

:thumb:

UPDATE:
Selected completely at random, the WINNER of the WAYALIFE shot glasses is dcbjk - CONGRATULATIONS!! :thumb:

WAYALIFE EPIC TREX ADVENTURES are off-road films created by Cindy and I. We have been responsible for producing the JK-Experience (also known as the JKX) video series "KEEP IT TIGHT" which was made in 2011, the 2012 series "HEARTLAND", the 2013 series "WILD WILD WEST" and the 2014 "PACIFIC NORTHWEST". We are NOT paid professionals who have been hired to film events but rather, we are amateurs who simply enjoy sharing what we do and love. Our films are produced and paid for entirely by us and we receive absolutely NO funding from manufacturers or vendors to help subsidize our work.

Napalm
01-24-2016, 05:03 PM
Yay for another Wayalife film!

MTG
01-24-2016, 05:06 PM
Very cool. Can't wait to watch it on the big screen. :thumb:

OverlanderJK
01-24-2016, 05:07 PM
Awesome! Looking forward to watching!

MedixJK
01-24-2016, 05:13 PM
I gotta move west...

Napalm
01-24-2016, 05:15 PM
Very cool. Can't wait to watch it on the big screen. :thumb:

Agreed. I bought an Amazon Fire TV stick and got rid of cable. The best part is the YouTube app.

highoctane
01-24-2016, 05:19 PM
Great video! It's amazing how relatively intact the remains of the engines are after laying in the desert for 50 years.

Wethy
01-24-2016, 05:21 PM
Man I wish I lived out there to explore that stuff! And great video!!

RedRum
01-24-2016, 05:25 PM
Awesome gunna wait till I can watch it on my tv

Labricon
01-24-2016, 05:33 PM
Outstanding.....just the ticket after shovelling snow and scraping ice off the drive....can't wait to make my way south to get in some of this fun!!!

Rharvey160
01-24-2016, 05:37 PM
The Mojave Desert is on my bucket list for this year. Thanks for another great video.

Linebacker
01-24-2016, 05:44 PM
Another great video. One thing always stands out about Wayalife films is the presentation of the journey and not necessarily a destination.:thumb::thumb: and a snap!

Trail Bud
01-24-2016, 05:46 PM
Notice video.
I'd like to if there's anything in that box car.
Not out before dark. :)

JKStair
Another awesome video. Thanks!!

fmdualexhaust
Awesome film, as usual. Before I die I hope to join in on one of these trips.

MR.Ty
01-24-2016, 05:51 PM
Amazing video! I whole heartily attribute my love for exploring to you and Cindy thanks to the awesome pictures and videos like this one. Thanks again, and as always, for sharing!

Jknewbi
01-24-2016, 05:54 PM
Very nice! Love history and exploration so this is in my wheel house..[emoji106][emoji106]

Moochie
01-24-2016, 05:57 PM
What a great time to be had! Thanks for bringing back some awesome memories!

RockyJk
01-24-2016, 05:58 PM
Awesome video! love exploring that area. Need to get Piginajeep to take me out to that crash site soon lol

JeepFan
01-24-2016, 06:04 PM
Seems like yesterday! Your great video brought back so many good memories.

Jeepnoub
01-24-2016, 06:08 PM
Can't wait to get my family out on some adventures like that. Awesome video.

OSCARMIKEJEEPER
01-24-2016, 06:12 PM
Looks like fun! Hope to join you guys on a ride someday in the future.

dotnetrob
01-24-2016, 06:12 PM
Great Video. :beer:

Shadow's_Jeep
01-24-2016, 06:15 PM
Great video, that's why I got my Jeep.

jeeeep
01-24-2016, 06:16 PM
that was cool :thumb:

is that a full size train car buried in the sand?

ramin
01-24-2016, 06:16 PM
Another fine example of the work that you do! Thanks for the memories[emoji4]

naysjp
01-24-2016, 06:17 PM
I skipped softball season this year so that I could offroad more. I want to do Mojave again. These films make the Mojave Desert so enticing.

cpospish
01-24-2016, 06:18 PM
Great vid! Looking forward to trying out those WAYALIFE shot glasses!

Zachp28
01-24-2016, 06:19 PM
Being a newby to the forum, I watched the video, which turned into about an hour of other videos. I can say that I am completely jealous of the trails and runs you guys make. Living in Virginia, there's no real structured wheeling or public trails at all.

wayoflife
01-24-2016, 06:20 PM
Glad you guys liked the film. I know it doesn't have much if any "wheeling" in it but really, what you see in it is in fact what Cindy and I enjoy doing the most - getting out in the middle of nowhere, with good friends and seeing all kinds of cool stuff. :yup:

I gotta move west...

Man I wish I lived out there to explore that stuff! And great video!!

I think you guys would enjoy it out here :cool:

Great video! It's amazing how relatively intact the remains of the engines are after laying in the desert for 50 years.

No kidding!! Sure, being out in the desert has to help but clearly, some of this stuff was made to last :crazyeyes:

Outstanding.....just the ticket after shovelling snow and scraping ice off the drive....can't wait to make my way south to get in some of this fun!!!

LOL!! With any luck, the video will help to warm you up :D

newtdog
01-24-2016, 06:22 PM
Sweet video! What year was that?

Zachp28
01-24-2016, 06:22 PM
Also, I am 100% jealous of all of the mechanical upgrades that i see in these vidoes on the various jeeps. I have a list of what I wish i could do, but every day, that i am on here and learn more, that list grows exponentially. Thanks, Eddie, for bringing us all this information and a place to share a passion!

wayoflife
01-24-2016, 06:27 PM
Another great video. One thing always stands out about Wayalife films is the presentation of the journey and not necessarily a destination.:thumb::thumb: and a snap!

Glad you enjoyed it. It's funny because when we do a trip like this, it's always about getting out to cool destinations. Of course, the journey getting there is always a ton of fun :yup:

Notice video.
I'd like to if there's anything in that box car.
Not out before dark. :)

Are we ever off the trail before dark? :cheesy:

Awesome film, as usual. Before I die I hope to join in on one of these trips.

That would be awesome if you could join us :thumb:

Amazing video! I whole heartily attribute my love for exploring to you and Cindy thanks to the awesome pictures and videos like this one. Thanks again, and as always, for sharing!

Thank you, I hope that you'll be able to join us on some of our runs in the near future. :cool:

NotAllWhoWander
01-24-2016, 06:27 PM
great video. thanks for sharing.

Clutch
01-24-2016, 06:31 PM
I gotta move west...

I've been saying that for the last 10 years! Unfortunately, I have a good job here:eek:, can't believe I just said that!

wayoflife
01-24-2016, 06:32 PM
What a great time to be had! Thanks for bringing back some awesome memories!

Great times indeed! Thanks for all your help on that trip. As I'm sure you remember, there was a lot more to this trip than we could put in including a fun tire repair session on goldfish's Jeep. :crazyeyes:

Awesome video! love exploring that area. Need to get Piginajeep to take me out to that crash site soon lol

Well, if he doesn't take you out, we'll have to plan another trip out that way and you can join us :yup:

Seems like yesterday! Your great video brought back so many good memories.

LOL!! Did you see shots of you and Steph in the background? Hard to imagine that we didn't even know who the two of you were back then and now we're good friends. :thumb:

Can't wait to get my family out on some adventures like that. Awesome video.

I know it's not for everyone but for us, that's a BIG part of the Jeep WAYALIFE - getting out and exploring this great country WITH our family. :yup:

Looks like fun! Hope to join you guys on a ride someday in the future.

That would be awesome if you could. :cool:

that was cool :thumb:

is that a full size train car buried in the sand?

As a matter of fact, yes, it is a full size box car buried in the sand :crazyeyes:

BamBamDeer
01-24-2016, 06:35 PM
Great Video! I want to "Go West!"

wayoflife
01-24-2016, 06:40 PM
Another fine example of the work that you do! Thanks for the memories[emoji4]

Thanks Ray, it was great to have you along on that trip and hope to see you again on some trips in the near future. :yup:

Being a newby to the forum, I watched the video, which turned into about an hour of other videos. I can say that I am completely jealous of the trails and runs you guys make. Living in Virginia, there's no real structured wheeling or public trails at all.

LOL!! Glad to hear you enjoy our videos. As far as trails go, there's reason why we moved to Nevada and it's because it has the most "public" lands of any state. Of course, all the cool public land in California butts up against Nevada too :yup:

Sweet video! What year was that?

This was an old one and we filmed it back in 2011. We have a ton of projects that we had started but had to shelve due to other commitments. A big part of why we decided to step away from them is so that we could focus more of our attention to our family, friends and trips like this. :cool:

Also, I am 100% jealous of all of the mechanical upgrades that i see in these vidoes on the various jeeps. I have a list of what I wish i could do, but every day, that i am on here and learn more, that list grows exponentially. Thanks, Eddie, for bringing us all this information and a place to share a passion!

Well, as you might have noticed, a lot of the Jeeps in this film were bone stock or close to it. Upgrades are cool to have for sure but fortunately, Jeeps are very capable and you can have a lot of fun with them just as is. :yup:

chrisswank
01-24-2016, 06:48 PM
Great video. I can't wait to hit the trail.

IDreamOfJeeps
01-24-2016, 06:49 PM
I had to sell my built TJ years ago. But my next purchase will be another jeep!! And it will have 10 light bars and no winch!!

Gadget
01-24-2016, 06:51 PM
I gotta move west...

So true...
Sucks to be me today, all that coolness out west, epic snow at home and I'm stuck in the middle of the country at work missing all of it[emoji22].

Robj
01-24-2016, 06:53 PM
Awesome video guys

USMC Wrangler
01-24-2016, 07:01 PM
Great! Another awesome adventure to add to my "to-do" list! Thanks!

BLCK4X4
01-24-2016, 07:03 PM
Dam, I want to roll with you guys on the next one, so much fun with the jeep family! Great video Eddie

Fires JK
01-24-2016, 07:25 PM
I can honestly say that the dust part of the video is a part I can do with out. Here in AZ just about every trail has that problem at some point. We don't get much water or mud either. Fortunately we had some water and sandy conditions this weekend.

SJ21XDC
01-24-2016, 07:32 PM
Another Awesome Video! I would love to do some exploring out that way some day:yup: Which Jeep were you driving?

wayoflife
01-24-2016, 07:33 PM
Another Awesome Video! I would love to do some exploring out that way some day:yup: Which Jeep were you driving?

In this film, we were driving Nemo, our old Sunburst Orange 2009 Jeep JK Wrangler Unlimited X. :crazyeyes:

Harley74
01-24-2016, 07:36 PM
Great video and learned some new things. Wish I leave a lot closer to visit some of the cool places in your videos. Thanks for sharing!

JAGS
01-24-2016, 07:37 PM
I've heard so much about this trip, was great to see it in vid format. Those areas are cool as I've been able to take the family on subsequent WAL visits. Thanks for sharing the video with the rest of us!!!

moto450r
01-24-2016, 07:44 PM
Great video!

Enjoying time with our wife's, family and like minded people plus add in jeep'n, aviation and adventures, has all the makings for a great Way of Life.

Thanks for sharing!

rubic0n
01-24-2016, 07:58 PM
Great video. Now I want to know what that megaphone is and how it got there.
:thinking:

SJ21XDC
01-24-2016, 08:01 PM
In this film, we were driving Nemo, our old Sunburst Orange 2009 Jeep JK Wrangler Unlimited X. :crazyeyes:

Gotcha. I didn't recognize it, but it looked like it had an LS motor when you left everyone in your dust on lake bed:blush:

Heholua
01-24-2016, 08:02 PM
Great video as always!

Nomadic Paladin
01-24-2016, 08:05 PM
Another great video and thank you for sharing all that great west coast wheeling with us east coast guys.

vjusmc
01-24-2016, 08:08 PM
Great video. Thanks for putting it together.

dannymalkin
01-24-2016, 08:13 PM
Can wait to watch it when I get home!

Kavanji
01-24-2016, 08:14 PM
great video. been missing your videos this last couple of months now that jkx has turned all funny,

crowrb29
01-24-2016, 08:14 PM
Great video as always. Makes me miss living up in the desert where I had all that history right outside my back door.

Scuba
01-24-2016, 08:15 PM
I use to live out in the Mojave Desert. Never had this much fun out there. Great video as always.

Scrambler
01-24-2016, 08:43 PM
Thanks for the much needed distraction from work.

72blubyu
01-24-2016, 08:51 PM
Another awesome video!

UGAdudeoo7
01-24-2016, 08:58 PM
Awesome video! Wayalife productions really make you feel like you're a part of the journey.

Blazindevl
01-24-2016, 09:04 PM
Cool video Eddie, thanks for sharing:thumb:

deepwater
01-24-2016, 09:12 PM
Awesome! Exploring like this is exactly why I got my Jeep. Rock crawling is a bonus that came later.

Mike

swampdog
01-24-2016, 09:20 PM
Thanks for posting this. These videos always make my day. Can't wait to watch it later

cozdude
01-24-2016, 09:33 PM
Such a great film! That was cool to see nemo out wheeling. It was also pretty awesome how that storm uncovered the lost boxcar! Thanks for sharing this epic adventure!

WJCO
01-24-2016, 09:37 PM
Thanks for sharing. Great film as always.

wayoflife
01-24-2016, 09:56 PM
I've heard so much about this trip, was great to see it in vid format. Those areas are cool as I've been able to take the family on subsequent WAL visits. Thanks for sharing the video with the rest of us!!!

LOL!! Yeah, this would be "that" trip. I'm glad that you and your family have been able to see much of this stuff with us on subsequent runs :yup:

Great video!

Enjoying time with our wife's, family and like minded people plus add in jeep'n, aviation and adventures, has all the makings for a great Way of Life.

Thanks for sharing!

Indeed! :thumb:

Great video. Now I want to know what that megaphone is and how it got there.
:thinking:

LOL!! As I mention in the video, there's a lot of speculation out there as to what it is but I have yet to find a definitive answer. The best I could find and could see being true is that it is some kind of drum. There are points on either end where you could tie skins to but beyond that, only the guy who put it up there knows for sure. :crazyeyes:

Gotcha. I didn't recognize it, but it looked like it had an LS motor when you left everyone in your dust on lake bed:blush:

LOL!! I purposefully got a good head start so that we could film the Jeeps behind us. :yup:

Another great video and thank you for sharing all that great west coast wheeling with us east coast guys.

I'm glad to know that a video like this can help bring the west to guys like you :cool:

great video. been missing your videos this last couple of months now that jkx has turned all funny,

Thank you. I'm glad that you enjoy the films we've been making.

wayoflife
01-24-2016, 09:59 PM
Awesome video! Wayalife productions really make you feel like you're a part of the journey.

Thank you. It is always our goal to make films that make you feel as if you're there with us and if that's how you felt watching this, we're glad to hear it. :cool:

Awesome! Exploring like this is exactly why I got my Jeep. Rock crawling is a bonus that came later.

Mike

Yup, us too. I know it's not for everyone but I think most of the people here on WAYALIFE feel the same way. :yup:

Thanks for posting this. These videos always make my day. Can't wait to watch it later

Glad to hear it :)

Such a great film! That was cool to see nemo out wheeling. It was also pretty awesome how that storm uncovered the lost boxcar! Thanks for sharing this epic adventure!

Thanks! As if you couldn't tell from my enthusiasm in the video, finding the box car was really cool :)

GraniteCrystal
01-24-2016, 10:01 PM
Great film; thanks for making it! Have you put put that clip of you guys racing thru the lake before? I've seen it somewhere before.

dcbjk
01-24-2016, 10:03 PM
Amazing film Eddie and Cindy thank y'all so much for making it available for us to enjoy. I loved the megaphone and the F-4 crash site but the best part was finding the boxcar in the sand that was a piece of history in itself.
Thank y'all so much and look forward to the next one :thumb:

jjlong
01-24-2016, 10:22 PM
Great Video and thank you for the effort! I'm sure it's not easy.:)

Rocky
01-24-2016, 10:22 PM
Cool video. I think my TJ could keep up with ya on that trail. (maybe not the speed section);)

Lank
01-24-2016, 10:25 PM
That 2-door on the lakebed that passes on left is beautiful! :shock:

Really awesome video as always; love the way you guys manage to tell a "story". Shows the real passion you guys have and brings that much more to the experience

2nd.gunman
01-24-2016, 10:32 PM
Great video! Looked like a good day. I'd love to know what the megaphone really is

lamon
01-24-2016, 10:33 PM
Merveilleuse vidéo et comme toutes les autres déjà produites. Elles nous donnent du rêves et de belles histoires de votre pays. Un très grand bravo à vous et à tout les jeepers

rflowers65
01-24-2016, 10:34 PM
... thanks for sharing!

sunnysideup
01-24-2016, 10:38 PM
Another exploring video... seeing that most of my trips are exploring trips... I love these videos... and finding mud just adds to the fun!

Off-road poser
01-24-2016, 11:17 PM
Thanks for sharing another amazing offroad adventure.

kep01
01-24-2016, 11:31 PM
That is so awesome. This reminds me of the trip im planning this may. I got my hands on the maps for the trans america trail and we plan to wheel it for a week and see how far we get. Thanks for the inspiration to explore in the jeep

Tjchef
01-24-2016, 11:40 PM
Nothing like watching a desert run while eating dessert!

Jk909
01-25-2016, 12:09 AM
Great job once again!

CZEBJKU
01-25-2016, 12:21 AM
Another great video! Thanks for sharing!

Sharkey
01-25-2016, 12:29 AM
Man that looked fun. Great video!

ob_tj
01-25-2016, 12:37 AM
Looked like a fun one!

Dirt Foot
01-25-2016, 12:45 AM
Awesome vid Eddie. You just never know what you will find and what can happen while you are out exploring. Thank you as always.

mcpuck
01-25-2016, 01:23 AM
This was one very long day! My son Jake was with me and he had a hot date that evening. I told him to never plan anything else on a trail day! After stopping for a bite to eat we made it home around 3am! It is always so much fun exploring the Mojave. So many people drive thru on the 15 or 40 and never realize how much is out there in this barren desert. Thanks for the video Eddie and Cindy. You guys are awesome!

robx251
01-25-2016, 01:26 AM
Great video guys. Love it. Add another trip on the to do list

Sudz
01-25-2016, 01:47 AM
I enjoyed it..

Thanks!

http://i961.photobucket.com/albums/ae93/ZJSudz/Junk%20Drawer/Mojave1_zps43lt0jw3.jpg

RMC2
01-25-2016, 02:04 AM
Another great story told with a great video. Looked like fun.

Again making me miss the southwest.

wayoflife
01-25-2016, 02:35 AM
Great film; thanks for making it! Have you put put that clip of you guys racing thru the lake before? I've seen it somewhere before.

Yup, we posted it up a long time ago back when we were first working on this project and then recently released it again after we started working on it again.

Amazing film Eddie and Cindy thank y'all so much for making it available for us to enjoy. I loved the megaphone and the F-4 crash site but the best part was finding the boxcar in the sand that was a piece of history in itself.

Without question, finding the boxcar was totally unexpected and way cool.

Cool video. I think my TJ could keep up with ya on that trail. (maybe not the speed section);)

Whether or not you could keep up on the speed section, we would have loved for you to be out there with us.

That 2-door on the lakebed that passes on left is beautiful! :shock:

Really awesome video as always; love the way you guys manage to tell a "story". Shows the real passion you guys have and brings that much more to the experience

Thank you, we really do appreciate it.

Man that looked fun. Great video!

It really was a ton of fun and we really need to get you out there with us :thumb:

wayoflife
01-25-2016, 02:36 AM
This was one very long day! My son Jake was with me and he had a hot date that evening. I told him to never plan anything else on a trail day! After stopping for a bite to eat we made it home around 3am! It is always so much fun exploring the Mojave. So many people drive thru on the 15 or 40 and never realize how much is out there in this barren desert. Thanks for the video Eddie and Cindy. You guys are awesome!

LOL!! I remember you telling me about Jake. Like you said, you never plan anything else on a trail day regardless of how easy it is because you just never know what's going to happen. :crazyeyes:

Boat Guy
01-25-2016, 02:36 AM
Way Cool. Heading south out of the snow to the desert. Then its our turn.184376

chipper
01-25-2016, 02:57 AM
Great video. Makes me wanna get out and do some more exploring.

RubiRich
01-25-2016, 03:04 AM
Another great video with exceptional production as always!!! This will be watched over and over just like all the rest of the Wayalife videos lol! I can't get enough.

RjSkippy
01-25-2016, 03:14 AM
Amazing seeing the history there! Makes me wish for some warmer weather and exploring! Thanks for sharing! :thumb:

Trail JK
01-25-2016, 03:16 AM
Nice video! Enjoyed watching it! [emoji106]

kohrnholio
01-25-2016, 03:24 AM
Awesome video. I would love to go out West exploring someday.

JKRay
01-25-2016, 03:24 AM
Awesome video once again!! I would love to go out and see that plane crash!

dchotrod
01-25-2016, 03:36 AM
It's funny how time can change perspective, likes, & dislikes. I used to think I despised the desert, but now (in part to these videos & our jeep) it is a place I desperately want go & explore! Thanks for another seed of exploring inspiration! One of these days....

Rascal3
01-25-2016, 03:38 AM
Simply Awesome Video, loved every minute of it.

16hardrock
01-25-2016, 03:45 AM
Very cool, looking forward to exploring the mojave. we live close, lot of day runs from here. keep the videos coming.

Brent McCartney
01-25-2016, 03:46 AM
As my 8 year old son said awesome video dad, when can we go.

M38A1Driver
01-25-2016, 04:12 AM
As much as Cindy and I love to play on the rocks, it has always been our love of the desert and our passion for exploring it that brought us into the world of Jeeps. It is for this reason that we always try to spend the first weekend of January taking friends out into the Mojave Desert and to show them some of the amazing places and things we’ve found over the years. On this particular trip, we took them out to an area known as Crucero and showed them the remains of an old F-4 Phantom jet crash, had them push their Jeeps as fast as they could across the Broadwell Dry Lake, invited them to make guesses as to what the Mojave Megaphone really is and had them scramble their way through the depths of Spooky Canyon.

This short destination film is a project that Cindy and I started a while back but had to shelve due to other commitments. While there isn't much "wheeling" in it, we decided to dig it out of the archives and finish it because we felt that the places we visited, the things we saw and all the fun we had with good friends was worthy of sharing and something that a lot of you might still enjoy seeing. We hope you enjoy our presentation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Me0jIm_nFk

Great video guys, getting stuck in Afton canyon brought back a memory for me. Got mine stuck there too.

wayoflife
01-25-2016, 04:28 AM
Another great video with exceptional production as always!!! This will be watched over and over just like all the rest of the Wayalife videos lol! I can't get enough.

LOL!! Thank you, we're glad to hear you liked it enough to watch more than once :)

Nice video! Enjoyed watching it! [emoji106]

Thanks! Can't wait to see you and Ray again :yup:

It's funny how time can change perspective, likes, & dislikes. I used to think I despised the desert, but now (in part to these videos & our jeep) it is a place I desperately want go & explore! Thanks for another seed of exploring inspiration! One of these days....

Too funny and glad to hear it.

As my 8 year old son said awesome video dad, when can we go.

That is just too cool :thumb:

Great video guys, getting stuck in Afton canyon brought back a memory for me. Got mine stuck there too.

LOL!! Crazy how quickly things can change in that canyon :crazyeyes:

HighwayTrout
01-25-2016, 04:36 AM
Personally I think this is what it's all about. And you captured it yet again in an awesome video.
Having a great time exploring and if you "wheel" it's to explore deeper or further not just to conquer obstacles.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

ECHOE
01-25-2016, 04:53 AM
Awesome! Thanks for sharing another great moment. You really have a knack for capturing what it's all about.

Tomb1957
01-25-2016, 04:58 AM
Great video, unfortunately there is not much left at the F4 crash site. I was there in October and nothing left but very small pieces of debris. For 50 years the remains were left relatively alone. Now they are gone. I am out in the area a lot for work and vandalism is becoming rampant. So don't wait too long, get out and explore while you can.

NV375
01-25-2016, 05:15 AM
Thanks for sharing another great video. :thumb:

MTG
01-25-2016, 05:24 AM
Loved it! :yup:

We really need to get down there sometime.

Arizona JKU
01-25-2016, 05:25 AM
Wow nice video!!!

wa7nd
01-25-2016, 05:26 AM
Always a great job on the videos!

mcw*402
01-25-2016, 05:31 AM
Another great Wayalife video....can't wait to see what else come along this year!!!

10frank9
01-25-2016, 05:51 AM
Fantastic Destination video. Phenomenal work my friends.

jkruiser
01-25-2016, 06:14 AM
Very cool, Thanks for sharing!

CJW
01-25-2016, 06:16 AM
Another awesome video! Great job!

Crucial
01-25-2016, 06:26 AM
awesome video, wish we had some places like this to explore in my area ...

OJK12
01-25-2016, 07:28 AM
Another awesome and epic video!! Always leaving me wanting more!

Sinaloa_4x4
01-25-2016, 07:40 AM
It's a Jeep thing!! I hope I can join on the next epic trek! :rock::rock::rock:

Snboarder113
01-25-2016, 08:26 AM
That's some brave exploring

dwvninety
01-25-2016, 09:09 AM
This is what a video should be like. Awesome! Non of that Northridge4x4 crap rip off.

AllAmericanInfidel
01-25-2016, 12:08 PM
Great video. Exploring off the beaten path ghost towns is what got my wife and I back into off roading. As much as I love a good, difficult trail, I would say that exploring is still my favorite thing to do in the Jeep.

TimOHthy
01-25-2016, 12:16 PM
I really enjoyed that video, this kind of video is what motivated me to buy my jk lol. I really want to get out and explore some new places like this.

chili4x4
01-25-2016, 01:30 PM
Eddie and Cindy: You'all have some great times! Ohio doesn't present quite as many opportunities to hit so varied landscapes.. but we proudly wear the Project JK badge... Oh, by the way.. if those shot glasses find there way east, I have a special bottle of Barrel #4 that will get opened to celebrate! Chili4x4

Jiffy05
01-25-2016, 01:46 PM
That was a great video. I hope to make it out west one day to go explore cool places like that.

Ubbb69
01-25-2016, 02:31 PM
You have a great way of making us feel like we went on the trip also. Thanks for a great vid.

groovebus
01-25-2016, 02:38 PM
Great video! I'm starting to explore that area. Last April we did the Mojave Road from the Colorado River to Harvard rd and the I-15 outside of Barstow; Just past Afton Canyon.
I'm planning a little trip out that way again this April or May. This time taking Kelbaker Rd down to the Mojave Road then taking the Mojave Rd. to Kelso-Cima Rd. From there we can check out the Kelso Train museum and the Kelso Sand Dunes on the way to the I-40.

Keep the video coming!

blackrubi14
01-25-2016, 03:15 PM
Cool video, thanks for sharing!

Cristian
01-25-2016, 03:24 PM
Nice video

DWiggles
01-25-2016, 03:29 PM
oh man! I missed this all weekend!?! I cant wait to get out of work today so I can check out the video! As always Eddie, Thanks for sharing your awesome adventures!

EDIT: As expected, GREAT video!

wayoflife
01-25-2016, 03:54 PM
Again, thank you everyone, Cindy and I are so glad that you enjoyed this film even though there wasn't a whole lot if any wheeling in it. :cool:

Another great Wayalife video....can't wait to see what else come along this year!!!

Thank you! We're already hard at work on our next project and it's a bigger one so it may take a bit longer to complete but, I think you'll all enjoy it :yup:

Another awesome and epic video!! Always leaving me wanting more!

Thank you so much for that. I won't lie, at almost 20 minutes long, it's always a concern of ours that a video like this might be too long and we'd hate for it to be boring. We're so glad that it left you wanting more. :yup:

Personally I think this is what it's all about. And you captured it yet again in an awesome video.
Having a great time exploring and if you "wheel" it's to explore deeper or further not just to conquer obstacles.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Clearly, we see 100% eye to eye on this. :thumb:

Awesome! Thanks for sharing another great moment. You really have a knack for capturing what it's all about.

Thank you, we really do appreciate that. Being that we're not paid professionals hired to cover an event, the most we can hope to do is share our personal experiences and the things we're passionate about.

Great video, unfortunately there is not much left at the F4 crash site. I was there in October and nothing left but very small pieces of debris. For 50 years the remains were left relatively alone. Now they are gone. I am out in the area a lot for work and vandalism is becoming rampant. So don't wait too long, get out and explore while you can.

Well that's a damn shame!! >:( I can't even begin to tell you how much I have seen shot up, burned down and vandalized out in the Mojave over the last 30+ years. It's absolutely heart breaking.

wayoflife
01-25-2016, 04:01 PM
This is what a video should be like. Awesome! Non of that Northridge4x4 crap rip off.

Thank you, we're flattered that you would say as much about our amateur film making that we do with a Sony Handycam that we bought at Costco. :blush:

Great video. Exploring off the beaten path ghost towns is what got my wife and I back into off roading. As much as I love a good, difficult trail, I would say that exploring is still my favorite thing to do in the Jeep.

Thank you and we couldn't agree more. While I know it isn't for everyone, I think most of the people here on WAYALIFE are just like us. :yup:

I really enjoyed that video, this kind of video is what motivated me to buy my jk lol. I really want to get out and explore some new places like this.

That's awesome and like you, adventures like these are what got Cindy and I into Jeeps :yup:

Eddie and Cindy: You'all have some great times! Ohio doesn't present quite as many opportunities to hit so varied landscapes.. but we proudly wear the Project JK badge... Oh, by the way.. if those shot glasses find there way east, I have a special bottle of Barrel #4 that will get opened to celebrate! Chili4x4

Thank you. We are lucky to have the kind of open country to explore but that doesn't mean guys like you can't have a great time with their Jeeps. :rock:

You have a great way of making us feel like we went on the trip also. Thanks for a great vid.

Thank you, we're so glad to hear that our video would make you feel as much.

Kyan
01-25-2016, 05:22 PM
Awesome Video. I really enjoyed this and every other Wayalife videos.

BTW. For newbies like me, where we need to check for next trip?

BlackHawk08jk
01-25-2016, 05:26 PM
That was another great video! Looks like a blast!

Sinsitizen
01-25-2016, 06:21 PM
Awesome video. I love rides like that. So much to explore and its freedom.

Flat Top
01-25-2016, 06:43 PM
Props on another great video. Very cool to see Nemo as well.

Meatwagon
01-25-2016, 06:48 PM
Great video, WOL never disappoints. Looked like fun for all😃

piginajeep
01-25-2016, 06:48 PM
This was one our our very first trips out with you guys. Great video!

Warebear
01-26-2016, 12:20 AM
Awesome video! Looked like so much fun. Cant wait to live on the west coast.

ilikedirt2011
01-26-2016, 03:06 AM
Awesome video!! Looks like it was a lot of fun! Hopefully get out on another run with everyone soon!!

Coloradan
01-26-2016, 04:58 AM
These exploration trips are the reason I bought a JK. Looks like I'll have to add another one to the list! Thanks for the video.

azjeeper
01-26-2016, 07:26 AM
Nice film..

bpjk
01-26-2016, 07:31 AM
Really love the videos. I know it takes a lot of time to edit these. :drinks:

DMF
01-26-2016, 08:01 AM
What's in the box?!

Thank you for another great video!

Nosos
01-26-2016, 02:12 PM
Another great video!! Had to add this to the places we want to go... So many things in this video that we now have to do!

Thanks again Eddie and Cindy for all that you guys do for our Jeeping community! I'm sure even the ungrateful people still use the info and videos that you put out tirelessly, though they probably wouldn't say. ;)

CandAMudders
01-26-2016, 02:29 PM
Awesome video as usual. I was wondering why the US government left the F4 debris after the crash? Is there a particular reason...seems strange that is it was recoverable it would have been left there. Please educate a Canadian.

JK LYF
01-26-2016, 03:45 PM
Another great video! Thanks for sharing.

rvaught
01-26-2016, 09:55 PM
Very nice and interesting video

Desert Rose JK
01-27-2016, 05:20 AM
Another GREAT video by Eddie and Cindy !!! Thanks for the neat adventure into that part of the desert and the history with it!
Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing. :thumb:

Joe Verastegui
01-28-2016, 12:48 AM
Another fine film. Definitely does not have to be a hard core trail wheeling film to be excellent. All your films are a joy to view. The Mojave has been a place that I have loved my whole life. As a boy I would hike and dirt bike all around Barstow and Calico. Now as an adult there have been many nights when I needed my solitary" getaway " and it was just me and my Jeep a dirt road in the Mojave and the stars to help light the way. I would pull to the side of the dirt road in the dead of night , sit quietly and just watch. The wildlife I have seen roaming through has been just about any native animal to the region. from sighting a thousand rodents( not all at once) to packs of coyotes, horses ( can't say if they were wild but they had no tethers , bridles, ropes, etc.) slow moving tortoises, rattlesnakes, foxes, and my two most cherished and unforgettable sightings: a Mountain Lion and a believe it or not Big Horn sheep ( the Lion was in the Cajon pass the sheep were in the Nevada side of the state line.)
I even wrote a poem about riding a motorcycle on Route 66 through the Mojave at night....it is called "The Mother Road" and I won 2nd place at the San Bernardino county fair with it in poetry. Needless to say I love this film thanks for producing it and sharing it. Keep up the excellent offerings. I can never wait for the next Wayalife film.

wayoflife
01-28-2016, 02:44 AM
Awesome Video. I really enjoyed this and every other Wayalife videos.

BTW. For newbies like me, where we need to check for next trip?

For group runs like this, we post them up in the Upcoming Trips & Events sub-forum. :yup:

This was one our our very first trips out with you guys. Great video!

:cheesy: As a matter of fact, it was! Glad to have you here on this side of the country. :thumb:

What's in the box?!

Thank you for another great video!

LOL!! Grab a shovel and start digging :D

Another great video!! Had to add this to the places we want to go... So many things in this video that we now have to do!

Thanks again Eddie and Cindy for all that you guys do for our Jeeping community! I'm sure even the ungrateful people still use the info and videos that you put out tirelessly, though they probably wouldn't say. ;)

:cheesy: Thank you, we really do appreciate it. :blush:

Awesome video as usual. I was wondering why the US government left the F4 debris after the crash? Is there a particular reason...seems strange that is it was recoverable it would have been left there. Please educate a Canadian.

You got me. I've been to other crash sites and whether it was the government cleaning them up or looters, most have been picked clean. Of course, it would seem that this one has now been looted as well :grayno:

JeepDrum
01-28-2016, 03:41 AM
Wow, another awesome video! Like a few others have said, I really want to make my way west one day and do some exploring.

Mandoglock
01-28-2016, 06:16 AM
Awesome video once again eddy

Mandoglock
01-28-2016, 06:17 AM
***eddie lol

Daro
01-30-2016, 01:45 AM
Another awesome video. Thanks!

rubicrawl
01-30-2016, 04:57 PM
Another great video thanks Eddie and Cindy

Tombstone
01-31-2016, 08:56 PM
Eddie and Cindy, that was a great job of edit and narration . Just as good as the old Huell Howser vid logs that are on TV..If watching your Vids don't get the wandering spirit going in someone they are brain dead....:thumb::thumb:

wayoflife
02-01-2016, 12:07 AM

Selected completely at random, the WINNER of the WAYALIFE shot glasses is dcbjk - CONGRATULATIONS!! :thumb:

Scrambler
02-01-2016, 12:10 AM

Hell yeah! Couldn't have gone to a better guy. Congrats David!

WJCO
02-01-2016, 01:04 AM
Congrats. Enjoy.

moto450r
02-01-2016, 02:12 AM
Congrats dcbjk!

dcbjk
02-01-2016, 12:01 PM

Thank you Eddie and Cindy so much means a lot to me. Can't wait to get a look at the new shot glasses and put em to use haha :clap2:

cozdude
02-01-2016, 12:01 PM
Congrats David!!!!

dcbjk
02-01-2016, 12:04 PM
Hell yeah! Couldn't have gone to a better guy. Congrats David!

Thanks Scrambler means a lot to me

Congrats. Enjoy.

Congrats dcbjk!

I will definitely enjoy them I still can't believe I got em, can't wait

dcbjk
02-01-2016, 12:05 PM
Congrats David!!!!

Thanks Steve

MR.Ty
02-01-2016, 12:15 PM
Thanks Scrambler means a lot to me

I will definitely enjoy them I still can't believe I got em, can't wait

Hell yes! Congrats to you Dave!

dcbjk
02-01-2016, 12:18 PM
Hell yes! Congrats to you Dave!

Thanks Tyler
Ready ta put em to the test

simspace
02-28-2016, 03:21 PM
I love watching your videos, they are amazing! I have also loved watching the evolution of the production quality of each video. Each one gets better and better. You both do a great job. Clearly you love what you do. The videos draw me into the environment to point I almost feel like I'm there with you. Watching on a large screen helps. :) I'm in Nashville, TN and I really hope to join you on an adventure one day. Thanks for sharing your trips with us.
-Chris

Jimmypaget
08-19-2016, 10:43 PM
I'm pretty sure you guys passed me the night either of starting filming or the night ending on this trip. I was on my way home from work in Bullhead City, AZ when I saw a few badass JKU's roll through town!

BLCK4X4
08-20-2016, 07:01 AM

Are you doing another trip soon???[emoji109]🏼

ELBRAVO
12-27-2016, 10:58 PM
Congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

dur66
01-30-2017, 07:32 PM
I've looked all around the website for the equipment/vehicle requirements for these trails. I couldn't find them. Can someone point me in the right direction?
Thanks,Durwin

Moochie
01-31-2017, 06:55 AM
I've looked all around the website for the equipment/vehicle requirements for these trails. I couldn't find them. Can someone point me in the right direction?
Thanks,Durwin

A stock Jeep is more than capable for this trail. Best to go with at least one other Jeep if possible. Regular recovery gear and tow points would be helpful, just in case. Bring plenty of drinking water and don't get lost.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

Moochie
01-31-2017, 07:03 AM
Keep a watch on the weather. If it's been raining a lot, conditions on the trail through Afton Canyon can become very muddy with a couple of deep water crossings.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

Rocklobsta
02-19-2017, 11:58 PM
Very cool! Looking forward to the day I can join you all in a run.

Vincent
05-31-2017, 09:27 PM
Great video! Looked like a blast!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)