PDA

View Full Version : What kind of music is preferred by you ??

Pavel9934S
12-23-2012, 05:40 PM
Hi everybody

What kind of music is preferred by you ?? For me absolutely DEPECHE MODE :thumb: But the best music for me is my flat 911 Carrera 993 :yup:

Pavel

wayoflife
12-23-2012, 06:08 PM
:cheesy: Well, I'll admit that I grew up listening to Depeche Mode and groups like it. I even went to a lot of their concerts. Back in the day, we refered to it as New Wave music here in the U.S. but now, I think most call it Classic Alternative Rock. Today, I'd have to say that I'm a big Trance fan (Armin van Buuren probably my favorite) but, also really into current Rock (like Within Temptation, Red, Volbeat, Breaking Benjamin, etc.), Punk (like Sum 41, Alkaline Trio, Offspring, etc.) and still, Alternative as well (Anberlin, Muse, Metric, AFI, etc.). Not much into Rap or Hip-Hop unless it's more in a rock setting like Hollywood Undead or old Linkin Park. I'm okay with Country but definitely NOT into Jazz or New Age :yawn37:

OverlanderJK
12-23-2012, 06:12 PM
:cheesy: Well, I'll admit that I grew up listening to Depeche Mode and groups like it. I even went to a lot of their concerts. Back in the day, we refered to it as New Wave music here in the U.S. but now, I think most call it Classic Alternative Rock. Today, I'd have to say that I'm a big Trance fan (Armin van Buuren probably my favorite) but, also really into current Rock (like Within Temptation, Red, Volbeat, Breaking Benjamin, etc.), Punk (like Sum 41, Alkaline Trio, Offspring, etc.) and still, Alternative as well (Anberlin, Muse, Metric, AFI, etc.). Not much into Rap or Hip-Hop unless it's more in a rock setting like Hollywood Undead or old Linkin Park. I'm okay with Country but definitely NOT into Jazz or New Age :yawn37:

Love Volbeat! Most of what Eddie listed I listen to, but mostly country since I am a redneck from NY. :cheesy:

Hank Jr, Eric Church, Brantley Gilbert, Breaking Benjamin, Volbeat are currently in the Jeep.

Robar
12-23-2012, 06:14 PM
80's long hair rock is what I grew up on, but I like most rock and hard rock. My newest favorite is the latest from Slash. :rock:

JKAnimal
12-23-2012, 07:03 PM
My favorite XM stations are Alt Nation, BPM, Electric Area, and 80s. I find myself listening to alot of electronic music lately and I have wide ranging taste. I don't usually listen to country or classical when I'm selecting tunes. I guess rock, alternative, electronic, and of course "Classic Rock" as they call it now... Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin etc. will always be in my list.

10frank9
12-23-2012, 07:12 PM
My all time favorite: SUBLIME. What I listen to and play on the guitar. I do have a wide variety of music tastes though. Lots of classic rock, alternative. As far as rap, Old school rap 80's-90's is all I can tolerate. But more obscure bands are my favorite like NEEDTOBREATHE, Disciple, The Classic Crime, Switchfoot, Darth Vato.

Pavel9934S
12-23-2012, 09:28 PM
I have never heard this group name :grayno: this night is long and i'm since now with these groups on youtube :yup:

piginajeep
12-23-2012, 09:42 PM
I'm stuck in the 70's and 80's. I'm ok with a little 90's thrown in.

Skynard and Kiss is saved in the mygig

RockyJk
12-23-2012, 10:20 PM
Trivium is one of my all time favorite bands I like classic rock metal some punk some alternative house music actually ill listen to almost anything except for country that music annoys me lol

StrizzyChris
12-24-2012, 01:50 AM
Classic Rock and Classic Country ALL THE WAY!!! Nothing like going topless and bumping some Steve Miller Band, lynyrd skynyrd, Alan Jackson and Alabama! Makes me want a fold out chair, Busch light, camp fire and all my friends around just thinking about it!

gouacats
12-24-2012, 02:03 AM
My favorite XM stations are Alt Nation, BPM, Electric Area, and 80s. I find myself listening to alot of electronic music lately and I have wide ranging taste. I don't usually listen to country or classical when I'm selecting tunes. I guess rock, alternative, electronic, and of course "Classic Rock" as they call it now... Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin etc. will always be in my list.

Fairly similar to what I listen to...Alt Nation...Sirius XMU. My last 2 downloads were Matisyahu and Django Django. Good stuff...

Atch
12-24-2012, 02:10 AM
Fairly similar to what I listen to...Alt Nation...Sirius XMU. My last 2 downloads were Matisyahu and Django Django. Good stuff...

Django Django album good? I like their single

MTG
12-24-2012, 02:42 AM
Britney, Ke$ha, Pink, you know...the usual! ;)

MTG
12-24-2012, 02:44 AM

How's the movie? Love me some Tarintino!

gouacats
12-24-2012, 03:04 AM

Pretty good so far...but I haven't listened to it enough to give it a proper review. :)

gouacats
12-24-2012, 03:05 AM
How's the movie? Love me some Tarintino!

As far as I know, the album has nothing to do with the movie...I could be wrong!

OverlanderJK
12-24-2012, 07:56 AM
Britney, Ke$ha, Pink, you know...the usual! ;)

:cheesy::cheesy:
This made me laugh pretty hard after the way you were described the other night by others. (It wasn't bad just the visual was funny)

10frank9
12-24-2012, 09:15 AM
This made me laugh pretty hard after the way you were described the other night by others. (It wasn't bad just the visual was funny)

Why? Those artists make amazing music. They're like songbirds of their generation. Like a mix between Fergie and Jesus.

Jersey_Devil
12-24-2012, 03:38 PM
Nirvana. Can't believe nobody said it yet..

MTG
12-24-2012, 03:40 PM

How was I described? :idontknow:

Edit: on second thought, maybe I don't want to know. ;)

kaptkrappy
12-24-2012, 03:53 PM
I have only three pre-sets on the sat radio.

Symphony Hall (Traditional Classical) = Calms the nerves

First Wave (80's Alt/New Wave) = I was so cool back then.......:cheesy:

The Joint (Reggae) = My top down channel.

familytime2
12-24-2012, 05:42 PM
Rock,Rock,til you drop:rock::rock:never stops

TexasJC
12-25-2012, 12:55 AM
Give me some good red dirt/Texas country. A little Robert Earl Keen or some Reckless Kelly and I'm good. Here lately, I've been hooked on what you would call alt folk I guess. Bands like the Avett bros or old crow medicine show

piginajeep
12-25-2012, 01:03 AM
Classic Rock and Classic Country ALL THE WAY!!! Nothing like going topless and bumping some Steve Miller Band, lynyrd skynyrd, Alan Jackson and Alabama! Makes me want a fold out chair, Busch light, camp fire and all my friends around just thinking about it!

This screams Ohio to me!!!

gouacats
12-25-2012, 03:02 AM
I have only three pre-sets on the sat radio.

Symphony Hall (Traditional Classical) = Calms the nerves

First Wave (80's Alt/New Wave) = I was so cool back then.......:cheesy:

The Joint (Reggae) = My top down channel.

Yep...I like 1st Wave and the Joint as well.

Prime8
12-25-2012, 03:28 AM
Wow, not at all what I thought the answers would be... You Cali boys have access to some great underground hip hop. I listened to a lot of that in college and still listen to some of it. Almost all rock now though. The top five sirius channels are
-Octane (although most new music sucks, especially Volbeat)
-Lithium
-Classic Vinyl
-Classic Rewind
-Liquid Metal

Miramontes
12-25-2012, 04:44 AM
Most of the time I listen to Metal. Like Sepultura, War of ages, Hatebreed, Living Sacrifice, Shadows Fall.... I also enjoy rock like Mötley, Iron Maiden, Ozzy. Never rap or country. I have learned to tolerate it.

Chris

Jersey_Devil
12-25-2012, 05:01 AM
Most of the time I listen to Metal. Like Sepultura, War of ages, Hatebreed, Living Sacrifice, Shadows Fall.... I also enjoy rock like Mötley, Iron Maiden, Ozzy. Never rap or country. I have learned to tolerate it.

Chris

Great choices!! But here's a few more I'm sure u listen to also! Snot, Slipknot, Soul Fly, Mindless Self Indulgence, Mudvayne, Bullet for my Valentine.....

Pavel9934S
12-27-2012, 03:41 PM
Thanks guys...this week i can listen our :thumb: music ;-))

Pavel

StrizzyChris
12-27-2012, 05:33 PM
This screams Ohio to me!!!

Its ingrained deep!

bl17z90
12-28-2012, 01:35 PM
I have a whole playlist on my phone for offroading songs but that doesn't mean jason aldean dirt road anthem is on there. Its a lot of metal and fast paced fun songs. It also serves as my roadttip playoist.

Pavel9934S
12-28-2012, 01:53 PM
Thanks guys !! ;-)

Now I need many weeks for heart it all ;-))

Pavel

P.S. Very special ...und funny ...I like it !! (Czech group) ;-))))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BukzqcsuqXQ

The very, very best europeans !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I like this music over all!!!!! ;-))

J.S. BACH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuL1H1nTRfg

J.F HANDEL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Nvg8eQnjPs

J.S.BACH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-kFMwbHRQc

highoctane
12-28-2012, 03:46 PM
I listen to about anything except sappy country music. Currently about to head to the gym for some crossfit and some Korn, a splash of Volbeat, and my Vietnam war era music play list.

MikeLisa
12-28-2012, 09:31 PM
If my wife's with me it's country, but I prefer classic rock. The sad part is what I listened to in high school is now classic rock.

Tranquillity
12-29-2012, 03:52 AM
These days I'm listening to Dark Tranquillity in a non healthy way... :drum:

kaptkrappy
12-29-2012, 03:28 PM
Thanks guys !! ;-)

Pavel

The very, very best Europeans !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I like this music over all!!!!! ;-))

J.S. BACH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuL1H1nTRfg

This is my all time favorite piece !
Thanks for posting it.

JKBANDIT55
12-30-2012, 12:42 AM
Honestly Im all over the place with music. Since being in a band since a freshman, Family relatives as successful hip hop artists and owning a home studio, is all part of my life I listen to mostly everything.

Jack Johnson, John mayer, Tool, system of a down, Sublime, Iration, Rebelution, Jason Mraz, Pretty lights, Gramatik, Van Halen, SRV, Carlos santana, Jason Aldean, Jake owen, Luke Bryan, dilates peoples, talib Kweli, Common, Atmosphere.

http://youtu.be/2CYzsoQDol0

http://youtu.be/N3qC5YVrmSs

FoxC
12-30-2012, 12:57 AM
I grew up rocking and playing air drums to Rush and still love that band. Also like Disturbed and listen pretty much only to XM station "Octane"...:rock: My son loves Linkin Park and we have all of their albums, but I must say I prefer their first couple of albums the most.

Hightower
12-30-2012, 02:03 AM
I like both kinds of music Country & Western!

dluber
12-30-2012, 02:29 AM
I'm normally a classic rock person, but after watching the 2011 JK Experience videos, I've downloaded some more modern rock from iTunes over the past week.

Pavel9934S
01-01-2013, 01:52 AM
Yes, I think this is a very good idea !! :yup:

orngcrushrgrl
01-01-2013, 02:40 AM
I like a little bit of everything. Country and rock are my mainstays though.

Deuane
01-01-2013, 02:54 AM
Russia Rock, Rock!!! here a sample.. it in english version.. Most of there song are in Russia....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVwp-2TCaSM

mo-jac
01-01-2013, 03:08 AM
Oh man, my music selection is a wide one. Anything from Ice Cube all the way to Classical. Just tonight riding home my soul went to a special place with this selsction, Arturo Toscanini 'The Pines of the Janiculum'

I request that you sit back, relax, close your eyes and clear your mind and block all thoughts and just listen..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ3X-ijrSJM

Paisano
01-01-2013, 04:19 AM
Everything from Metallica to In Flames. I know it's pretty much the same thing!!! Hard Rock

arashi
01-01-2013, 04:34 AM
I love DEPECHE MODE, but now into Nine Inch Nails.

And Still VERY HAPPY:rock:

bl17z90
01-01-2013, 02:40 PM
Does anyone listen to dubstep?

mcpuck
01-01-2013, 02:48 PM
Old skool punk rock for me ...
Sex Pistols, Dead Kennedys, Adolescents, Black Flag, Circle Jerks, etc ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TtqJ9aOT2w

OverlanderJK
01-01-2013, 03:51 PM
Old skool punk rock for me ...
Sex Pistols, Dead Kennedys, Adolescents, Black Flag, Circle Jerks, etc ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TtqJ9aOT2w

You a Ramones fan?

mcpuck
01-01-2013, 04:40 PM
You a Ramones fan?

You bet! :thumb:

OverlanderJK
01-01-2013, 05:37 PM
You bet! :thumb:

Nice! I know someone in a Ramones cover band. :yup:

orngcrushrgrl
01-01-2013, 07:24 PM