3" or 4" - 37's with flat fenders?

randomhero199

Ordering lift in the morning, have had both 3" and 4" suggested to me. '14 JKU, will be using Poison Spyder tube fenders, traditional style coil spring lift and running 37" Falken AT tire. I'd like to keep lowest COG possible, but don't want to end up with rubbing, etc from having too short of spring. Just figured I'd ask before I got parts coming - thanks for all the info, this forum has been great source of knowledge and entertainment (like the evo tire carrier thread... ) :beer:

highoctane

Caught the Bug
I ran 37s on my '08 JKU with 3" of lift and Bushwacker flat flares. Only trimming I had to do was the pinch seam at the front of the rear wheel well. Alsoo had to cut about 2" off the aft end of my Rubicon rock rails.

IMG_0909-2.jpg IMG_0905.jpg View attachment 186381

Coop

Caught the Bug
I have a 3" BDS lift and putting on 37's too. Glad to see great looking rides with similar set-ups! Switching from 33's. WRP6.jpg

The 3" + 37s is definately doable. Id suggest you go that route since you say you want the lowest COG. just need to be running the right bumpstops

Recurve

I have 4in evo enforcer , have plenty of room.
image.jpg

Also I had to cut my rock rails an the rear pinch seem. Like others said, make sure you get the right size bump stops.

randomhero199

Likely buying synergy kit, it comes with bumpstops front and rear.. is there a certain setup I should be looking at? Seems quite a few recommend the Teraflex bumps

randomhero199

I appreciate the photos - you guys running 3" setups, are you limited articulation or travel wise by any type of body contact, etc?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Likely buying synergy kit, it comes with bumpstops front and rear.. is there a certain setup I should be looking at? Seems quite a few recommend the Teraflex bumps

LOL!! So, you're likely getting a Synergy kit just because it comes with bumpstops front and rear but you're still looking at TeraFlex bumps? Am I missing something here and really, who was recommending them anyway?

I appreciate the photos - you guys running 3" setups, are you limited articulation or travel wise by any type of body contact, etc?

First off, MOST 3" kits offer WAY MORE LIFT than a true 3". That being said, the amount of droop you have will be limited by the length of your shocks and the amount of stuff you have will be limited by your bump stop extensions. You will NEED to trim the pinch seam on the rear fender wells as you will have rubbing there.

randomhero199

LOL!! So, you're likely getting a Synergy kit just because it comes with bumpstops front and rear but you're still looking at TeraFlex bumps? Am I missing something here and really, who was recommending them anyway?

I guess I wasn't clear, I meant I would think the bump stops that come with the kit are the correct pieces, but thought maybe I missed something and other bumps yielded more travel. They seem very popular on all the jk forums, but to be honest I'd rather go with an air bump like kings if I went that route.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I guess I wasn't clear, I meant I would think the bump stops that come with the kit are the correct pieces, but thought maybe I missed something and other bumps yielded more travel. They seem very popular on all the jk forums, but to be honest I'd rather go with an air bump like kings if I went that route.

:cheesy: Well, perhaps you should be getting what you've found "very popular" on "all the jk forums".

piginajeep

The Original Smartass

If the other forums think the teraflex bump stops are worth the money. That says how good their actual tech knowledge is.

I would not trust them to change the air in my tires.

randomhero199

If the other forums think the teraflex bump stops are worth the money. That says how good their actual tech knowledge is.

I'm with you, I've really read almost nothing but negative comments, and have been told first hand to steer clear by many people. This is all new to me, I'm slowly figuring out some of these popular companies to steer clear from

Recurve

What he said ^

Also I eliminated a lot of headaches buy going with the whole kit evo provides.
Evo enforcer 4 in.
They provided everything you need to fit whatever tire size you choose.

Also what WAYALIFE said, trimming rear pinch seem is a must, an make sure you have the appropriate shocks to match up with the droop.
Once again evo gives you a selection of shocks to choose from based on your lift.

I'm sure there are other quality companies out there that provide the same service/kits.

This is just my example of who I went with.

Top Bottom