Subwoofer setup

super_c_06

I'm about to add some more bass to the jk. Just curious as to what everybody else is running and what sort of setup they are using. Thanks in advance.

FLKEYSJK

I'm also interested because I have a small pos sub in mine (2 door) and it makes getting into the floor compartment a pain

whispike

I added the Kicker Hideaway and let me tell you that it is phenomenal! Adds not only a great amount of bass, but makes the audio sound more full in general. It tucks up nice under the front seat and you don't even know it's there except for the night and day sound difference!

Spencer11496

I have two 12" NVX subs in a truck box booted behind my backseat being pushed by some off brand amp claiming 800w RMS. It is absolutely wonderful and doesn't take up much space at allan the subs are protected by the back seat. I went with two 12s because: one, I'm young and like to be loud and obnoxious, and two, with the top and doors off I'm still able to have a full spectrum sound. The best part about my setup is how balanced and clean it sounds.

Angry Aussie

I have two square 12 inch subs in mine, while its been nice and I love having bass but now that I'm wheeling more I wish I didn't have the subs. They take up virtually all my space in the back. I've been on a few road trips with mine and they take up to much space. I've been thinking of getting mine set up so I can pull the subs and sub box when go wheeling or on a trip. If I can't find an easy way to take the subs out and put them back in when I want them, then I'll pull them out for good. I love sound ,but I would rather have the space on trips or on the trails.

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
Subscribed I am up for some ideas considering I have a 2door as well would love to have my system fitted efficiently in D-day

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
I have two 12" NVX subs in a truck box booted behind my backseat being pushed by some off brand amp claiming 800w RMS. It is absolutely wonderful and doesn't take up much space at allan the subs are protected by the back seat. I went with two 12s because: one, I'm young and like to be loud and obnoxious, and two, with the top and doors off I'm still able to have a full spectrum sound. The best part about my setup is how balanced and clean it sounds.

Pics please would love to see this

Spencer11496

Subscribed I am up for some ideas considering I have a 2door as well would love to have my system fitted efficiently in D-day

I'll get some pics soon! My box was actually the perfect size to fit behind the seat of my 2 door and was in my two door for about a year.

FLKEYSJK

I'd be interested if someone tore out the factory sub enclosure and built a new one in its place.

I've seen people remove the sub from the stock enclosure and dynomat the inside and use a higher quality sub so it looks more stealthy with the top off
Edit: if you have the 15+ sub then I've heard people like the JL audio stealth box

Last edited:

Bigjimbo

I have a 2012, Infinity system. I upgraded the soundbar using the popular 2ohm infinity speakers (6032i), swapped out the tweeter capacitors and the OEM sub with the pioneer 8" replacement. The sub, while a bit cleaner, was not performing as it should. I started shopping around and wasn't liking many options, because like most of us, I didnt want anything on the floor, or wires having to be run everywhere.

A friend who is professionally in the audio industry suggested that I consider the Mosconi Pico 2. It was new, tiny and had just enough RMS to power the Pioneer. It slid in really nice behind the OEM head unit (yes in the dash) and gave the sub what it needed. It was a clean tap, nothing new run along the floorboards or run/rewired to the sub. It was about $400, its not the cheapest solution, but its tuned to about 70% of its power and it absolutely cleaned out the sound. Will you win a bass competition? No, but you will actually be able to hear the sub now.

http://mosconi-america.com/portfolio/pico-2/

Spencer11496

The question you have to ask yourself is what do you want out of a sound system? Do you want sound quality? Or just to be loud? Do you want it to still sound great with the top and doors off or just be able to hear the radio? After figuring out what you want, it'll be a lot easier to design the best system for your needs.

BdugJK

I added the Kicker Hideaway and let me tell you that it is phenomenal! Adds not only a great amount of bass, but makes the audio sound more full in general. It tucks up nice under the front seat and you don't even know it's there except for the night and day sound difference!

Interested in seeing this set up! :rock: Post some pictures if you could.

Last edited:

whispike

Interested in seeing this set up! :rock: Post some pictures if you could.

This is it mounted under the passenger seat between the seat rails. I used a mounting bracket that a guy makes and sells on eBay, it works out really nice. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457507182.286998.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457507198.761097.jpg

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
How easy is the Kicker to wire up? My jku didnt come with a sub and I have been thinking of a few spots to mount something small.

Top Bottom