Diy cargo nets

Notsodirtyhippie

So it's a work in progress but I wanted to share with everyone.
I want full cargo nets but the price tag is way more than I wanted to spend. I bought 100yards of 1.5 polypropylene heavy duty webbing on eBay for $30 and all the buckles and the red powder coated rings at strapworks.com for $85. (coupon code for 15%off ar15). I'll post more as the project progresses. :) ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1461090272.221799.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1461090287.120603.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1461090309.640142.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1461090335.881397.jpg

Last edited:

GraniteCrystal

Keep track of time and let me know how much you ended up paying yourself. Curious if it's actually a money saver or just a fun project that might not save that much when accounting for time spent.

Notsodirtyhippie

Each box only takes 1min 24 seconds to sew. Yeah I got bored last night lol I've spent about 8 hours on it but that's not working nonstop. When I sew I have to have movies playing or my adhd gets the best of me. Plus I have 3 kids that interrupt me all the time.
It's money saving because my time spent is free. $110 out of pocket vs $500plus the pet divider behind the seat. I can spend the savings on other things such as lift and tires.

jeeeep

Hooked
hmmm, I'd need to get a sewing machine that can handle the webbing and then learn how to sew.
Or learn how to sew first and then get the machine :thumb:

Evil

Next time you get bored, I need a paracord rifle sling :thumb: I have Jeep parts to barter and trade with.

Notsodirtyhippie

hmmm, I'd need to get a sewing machine that can handle the webbing and then learn how to sew.
Or learn how to sew first and then get the machine :thumb:

I'm using my daughters super cheap brother one and its handling it like a champ. I have an industrial one but it needs to be services. If you really want to learn, YouTube. That's how I learned [emoji23]

Notsodirtyhippie

I measured each square then marked it with a white crayon. I still have to scrub off the white marks but nothing serious. Before I figured out the crayon mark method I was measuring then sewing each one. Made it through 2 rows like that. I hate using pins. Plus the webbing is too thick.

Last edited:

Dana

Awesome idea... Looking great so far!!!Can't wait to see how it looks on!!! Now to learn to sew.. I should have paid more attention in home economics!!!

Jeep dad

That looking great keep posting progress . Thanks fo sharing. Now I may have to learn to use sewing machine lol

Notsodirtyhippie

Okay, I like this guy. A fellow Nevadan who doesn't take shit. Welcome aboard friend.

Thanks!

FYI It's cause I'm a 5'4" firecracker wife of a construction worker. Can't take shit off of people, especially those who are keyboard warriors that like to stir up way too much shit. I've seen this on other threads too.

Top Bottom