Diy cargo nets

Notsodirtyhippie

Yeah I'm going leave it on. We live right outside of Vegas, not much bad weather and the last couple years it really hasnt got cold.
I thought about gluing it then sewing just to keep it together. Ended up being too impatient. I bet you could glue it then throw a stitch or two or even a grommet? Glue would likely be temporary unless you use an epoxy. But that might melt the webbing if it does a chemical reaction. I have some epoxy and could test that theory for you when I get home.

GraniteCrystal

Glue would likely be temporary unless you use an epoxy. But that might melt the webbing if it does a chemical reaction. I have some epoxy and could test that theory for you when I get home.

Sure, if you have extra material and are up for a test, I'd be interested to know the results. If not, no worries. Thanks!

MTG

Caught the Bug
Looks like you stole the design from [insert company here]. Come up with your own design and don't steal from someone else!

Too soon? :idontknow: :cheesy:

Coop

Caught the Bug
I have plenty of extra. I'll have my kids and dog put if through a torture test and see how it would hold up lol

You are what jeeping is all about! I like your approach and execution. Great project! As you have probably noted, your attitude is revered! Keep us informed on the torture tests but I'm betting all will be fine!

Notsodirtyhippie

That cargo net looks really nice. Did you use a regular home sewing machine or something more heavy duty?

I used my 9 year old daughters $55 at Walmart brother sewing machine. I have a more heavy duty one but its out of commission. Needs to go see the sewing machine people.

Notsodirtyhippie

Looks like you stole the design from [insert company here]. Come up with your own design and don't steal from someone else!

Too soon? :idontknow: :cheesy:

Hahahaha ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1461550183.349007.jpg

I tried, and i couldn't even follow my own directions, not sure I could plagiarize a companies off of a picture lol

Notsodirtyhippie

You are what jeeping is all about! I like your approach and execution. Great project! As you have probably noted, your attitude is revered! Keep us informed on the torture tests but I'm betting all will be fine!

Thanks! I'm very happy that it turned out.
Can't let 1 online idiot ruin my happy go luckiness. :)

Evil

Nice work :thumb:

Forgot to ask how Oatman was, any issues with the JA's?

Last edited:
Top Bottom