Building of Crash

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
Well... Im getting tired of starting build threads, so i guess ill keep this jeep lol. Life hits you and it hurts so i unfortunately had to get rid of my 4 door. With a baby on the way, i bought my wife a new car and opted to get a beater for myself. My wife had a 2014 ford fiesta and with 14,000 miles it was on its 3rd clutch (automatic trans). I couldn't stand taking the car to the dealership once a week so we traded it in. I was a lifelong ford customer but that car changed my tone, never will i buy a ford again. As luck would have it, when we went to buy my wife her 2015 dodge dart, and there she was, sitting right in the lot.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1461769783.933136.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1461769799.399305.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1461769812.401451.jpg

Trying to be a responsible adult i said no no no. I don't need one, i cant afford two car payments me being the only one working. My wife looked at me and told me, " I really appreciate everything you do for our family, and everything you give up, but you deserve this. I don't want you to give up the things you love just because our family is getting bigger." Right then i remembered the reason i married that girl. Needless to say, we took it for a test drive. Well, that was a complete nightmare. I took it for a two mile test drive.. I experienced bumpsteer, it wandered all over the road, and my salesman about shit himself when we got deathwobble... Twice. After talking to the service manager, a sales manager and playing a little dumb, they knocked Some money off for me. I told them i wanted the entire suspension system replaced, new ball joints, etc. it needed new tires, the list kept adding up. Well finally the sales manager straight up told me, my guys have no idea about these jeeps, what do i have to sell it to you for and you can fix it. And here we are...

2013 Sport with 50k miles.
3.5" RE lift on 35s

I limped her home and ripped off the rubicon express lift and put a Rubicon Suspension I found on craigslist on her. It fixed all for under $100.

Rubicon Coils
Rubicon Shocks
Factory Track Bars
Factory SwayBar Links

Im like 99% sure the problems were coming from having a lot of lift without Adjustable LCAs and that adjustable front trackbar was terrible. But we're all better now!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1461772430.657299.jpg

Sits a little low!

I then ordered my first wave of parts from Trail Jeeps. Wes and Tim and awesome guys!

Evo Leveling Kit
Evo Front Lower Control Arm Skids
Evo C gussets
Evo Oil Pan Skid
Evo Sliders with Aluminum skins
Evo Rockstars

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1461772561.983826.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1461772577.269991.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1461772594.972335.jpg

I also ordered 35" Mud Grapplers from American Discount Tire in Turnersville NJ. Got an AWESOME deal! I pick them up tomorrow. Im just waiting for my truck to sell and ill have slabs on the way.

Well i got tired of the "fitment" as the Honda guys would call it so i decided to chop my flares yesterday

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1461772737.942476.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1461772760.294674.jpg

Best tool I've ever bought!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1461772790.823324.jpg

I did make an oops but nothing some door trim cant hide!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1461772824.537118.jpg

Jim (hinrichs) will be welding everything on for me again and we(Me, Jim(hinrichs), Nick(Sheffadelic) and steve(cozdude)) will be having another party at Jim's house this weekend! Look forward to updating this thread!

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Why do I feel like Sam wrote up that story?.... Lol

:cheesy: I was kinda thinking the same thing!

Congrats again buddy! I I'll text you in about 30 seconds lol

Ps. I'm not subscribing to this shit as I know you will sell this jeep soon for another and start a new build thread lol

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
Looking forward to seeing it, be sure to post a lot of pics. :thumb:

Will do man thanks!

Congrats on the Jeep and great story. Funny how life sometimes works itself out.

Yeah man definitely! Forgot to add too, it crazy how things work out, the day after i got crash, i got a %10 raise at work so it makes it plenty affordable!

Why do I feel like Sam wrote up that story?.... Lol
Hahha your funny!

:cheesy: I was kinda thinking the same thing!

Congrats again buddy! I I'll text you in about 30 seconds lol

Ps. I'm not subscribing to this shit as I know you will sell this jeep soon for another and start a new build thread lol

No i have to keep this one for a while!

Congrats on the jeep! Subscribed and waiting for more[emoji106]🏼

Thanks man will do!

I got bored at lunch and went and got some bedliner to touch up some things that were bothering me

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1461776368.046726.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1461776395.013154.jpg

Ddays

Hooked
LOL - the biggest improvement I made to my Jeep after installing my RE lift was taking it back off again! :icon_crazy:
Never had death wobble but that sumbitch would bumpsteer something awful. Nice Jeep and congrats on a great deal!

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
LOL - the biggest improvement I made to my Jeep after installing my RE lift was taking it back off again! :icon_crazy:
Never had death wobble but that sumbitch would bumpsteer something awful. Nice Jeep and congrats on a great deal!
Yeah i wasnt a fan of it. It had seen better days

Nice Ride! I am looking forward to see where you take it!
Thanks man! Ill hopefully keep up with this thread more then previous ones lol

Not only is the rig nice, the story is great! Keep us updated.
Thanks man i appreciate it! It had a lot on it which saved me some money.

8.5k mile marker winch
Jw speakers
Unknown brand tail lights
Ace rear bumper/tire carrier combo
Volant CAI

Saved me a few dollars, but i had to fix a decent amount on the thing. I also sold the hardtop and will be selling the front bumper for cheap as I'm not a fan of the full width

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
Short some money right now bc of my recent order, but we'll see how my homemade sway bar quick disconnects work [emoji85][emoji23]

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1461781265.938988.jpg

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
Took a half day at work today because jeep

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1461867461.425454.jpg
Welcome home [emoji16]

Started prepping my sliders for the bedliner

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1461867518.817806.jpg

And bedlinering in prep for welding this weekend

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1461867542.921692.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1461867551.604925.jpg

Rock skins are next!