BIG Crowds? Small Groups or Solo? How do You Prefer to Roll?

How do you prefer to roll?

• BIG Crowds: Let's get this party started!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SMALL Groups: Good friends = Good times!

Votes: 34 77.3%
  • SOLO: Jeep, take me away!

Votes: 15 34.1%

• Total voters

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just because we all LOVE Jeeps doesn't mean we all see them in the same way. Clearly, some of us like mud, others just want to rock crawl and still others simply like to get out and explore. It is after all, what makes the world go round. What I want to know is when you do get out, do you prefer to be a part of something big like a huge sponsored event with dozens if not hundreds or thousands of strangers surrounding you? Or, are you more of a small group kind of guy or gal where pretty much everyone around you is a friend? Of course, there are those who got into Jeeps to get away from it all and enjoy getting out on the trails solo. What I want to know is, how do you prefer to roll?

POLL QUESTIONS
1. BIG Crowds: Let's get this party started!
2. SMALL Groups: Good friends = Good times!
3. SOLO: Jeep, take me away!

Petzl88

2. Small groups. We have 4-5 good friends in our group and that is it! I wouldn't have it any other way. We were on Cascade Creek the other day and a group of 12+ Jeeps came past us and I can't imagine wheeling with that many rigs, especially when you get to a difficult obstacle. It seems like it would take forever!

Stick

2. Small groups seem to allow for more time wheeling than waiting for everyone to make up their minds on which trails to take.

Napalm

I prefer small groups. Like others have stated, it's more personal and allows you to interact with everyone. More than 10 Jeeps just seems like too much.

DirtysJK

I'll do small groups any days. Big groups can make the day And run go so much longer and i believe it takes away from the run.

Peak

2. Smalls groups, id say no more than 10 rigs. Everyone gets to know each other which makes the trail more fun for me. The last to runs I've been on have been with a local club, 40+ Jeeps. Way to dusty for me and it takes a lot longer than it should.

BamBamDeer

Small groups for me. Part of the experience is visiting with friends and making new friends. I like a small enough group that everyone can talk and get to know one another or if it's people I already know there is always catching up with each other.

trailraider

smaller group for sure
I like to keep it at 6- 8 max.

large groups are nice once in a while if you want to watch at good obstacles , but I find the stop and go gets to be a bit much. uncoordinated pee breaks etc.

Kyle7R

I prefer small groups. Like others have stated, it's more personal and allows you to interact with everyone. More than 10 Jeeps just seems like too much.

2. Small groups seem to allow for more time wheeling than waiting for everyone to make up their minds on which trails to take.

This, I think our Barnwell group size was perfect. Able to run plenty of trails in both smaller groups and then all together.

jeff_in_rc

I have wheeled with both large and small groups and I prefer small ones, it is a much friendlier way to wheel. That and it can be quicker as you are not waiting for all of the others to finish an obstacle or to catch up.

Byte

Prefer to roam and explore solo or at most with one other vehicle when it is warranted. Don't mind making the occasional exception to group up for planned outings though.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I like the small crowds and the big ones but depends on the day. With the type of wheeling we have here out east at Rausch it's fun to take a large group of noobies out and show them the ropes. It's also fun to go and hit some harder or easier trails with good friends and just have fun as a small group. Just depends!

Small group or solo depending on the terrain. If its just a fire road then solo is ok and can be fun to explore. Ideally I like at least one other rig to go with

RebelconJk

Small groups are always nice. It takes less time to finish a trail, more personal etc. However big groups are fun too, meeting new people and sharing a hobby and love for our jeeps is always a plus too. :thumb:

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
I usually prefer 2. small groups with close friends, but lately I have been going out solo exploring and trying to find new places to wheel around.

Top Bottom