BIG Crowds? Small Groups or Solo? How do You Prefer to Roll?

How do you prefer to roll?

• BIG Crowds: Let's get this party started!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SMALL Groups: Good friends = Good times!

Votes: 34 77.3%
  • SOLO: Jeep, take me away!

Votes: 15 34.1%

• Total voters

bekel

small groups or solo

I like small groups 5-8, an I have done a lot alone just to get back to the real world if just for a little while moab 2016.jpg this is about as big of group as I like to wheel with

Brute

Hooked
My preference is solo, which, like diving, is a no no...and I do both. I believe it makes you become better prepared due to the self-reliant nature of going solo...and I only like doing trails solo that I have been on before...on a new trail, I prefer having one other rig that is familiar with the trail. Having said that, I actually enjoyed the last Easter Jeep Safari...I got to meet a lot of new people, see different types of rigs, and enjoyed the comradery both on the trail and afterwards...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, I have to say that I'm kind of surprised that there isn't anyone voting for the big groups. I don't know if it's just the kind of people that WAYALIFE attracts but with the way people seem to get jazzed up about big sponsored events, I really thought there would have been at least a few that would have voted for it :crazyeyes:

benatc1

Hooked
I do alot of solo wheeling, been with small groups a couple time and have enjoyed it alot. never a large group so I can't comment. I do like being solo and exploring but I'd say small groups are more fun as u get to share the experience. I just loving being out there

thardy

Banned
I personally like the smaller groups when it comes to the actual trail, no more than 8-10 rigs. But I also enjoy getting together with the multiple trail groups at the end of the day and socializing with everyone. :drinks:

Grubbicon

Here in the South East I love going to big events. Nothing like a bunch of drunk rednecks going crazy when you pull up on something. All though I also like wheeling with just friends. Normally our group isnt what Id call small but we all know each other.

Galo

I almost always go alone (family), or with one or two friends. I've never been on a "big" run (Jeeps), but I've seen a few. I like to explore new places, often historical, maybe stay ten minutes, maybe three hours - I don't like the idea of being on a "schedule" or having people wait for me if I say "go on ahead". I once stayed three weeks on a one week camping trip. "Trail BOSS" had a fit, implied I couldn't do that! I explained that it was my choice. Well, maybe that left bad feelings for me on the club ride thing. Had similar situations back in my bike riding / racing days. Drama.
I love camping, a Jeep show or classic car show and meeting the people, looking at the rides and such. I love home brewed solutions and fabrication, wether by choice or economics, think Rat Rod. Complex solutions to simple problems. [emoji12] Form Always follows Function! I digress.
If there was a Wayalife trip / day ride near Las Vegas, I'd definitely sign up. Would like to put faces to some of these names, look at Jeeps. Talk Jeeps. Listen to Jeeps. Drive Jeeps. Look at Jeeps. ( there I go again ).

God Bless you guys & girls.

Keep on Jeeping.

And Eddie, try to keep the tires on the bottom side.

.jason

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
I prefer small groups. easy to communicate, and support for the unexpected.

I do a fair amount of solo exploring, but I'm always very conscious of the terrain that I am running. (Would hate to get stranded miles from any support and often without cell service)

I haven't run with a big group ever but would be open to it, probably only once or twice a year though.

Journeyman

We almost always are out solo. The large runs can be entertaining in their own way, but not something that we enjoy enough to frequent them. I think part of the reason we always end up on solo exploration runs is because the desert is so accessible for us living in Julian, Ca. We can be down the grade and in Anza borrego desert in 30 min.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
The family and I prefer small groups for trails, and most of the time we go exploring solo or maybe with 1 other rig. I have never done a large group run, but we have been to crowded places and the large amount of people made it less pleasant IMO.

8-12 jeeps is a good group. And makes for a good party at the end of the day. The group you start with always ends up breaking up throughout the day anyways lol

Tree Frog

Solo is the way we roll.

Have been on runs with 7-10 rigs and all the way up to about 20.
It is fun and would do it again if given the chance.

However I have a weird job that I can only get about 4 days a month were I am truly OFF and not "On Call"

We bought and built up this Jeep so we can just get lost.
Prefer to go out alone as I really dont have any friends in this area that can start to hang with us. Not being a snob but wheeling with buddies that have old crappy broke dick shit that breaks down and needs to be towed out just is not a lot of fun.

I know better and may get bit in the ass someday as a breakdown or worse may cost me a life or 2. You are going to die anyway. I just dont want to do it in a care facility or hospital. :naw:

We like to go at our own pace. Stop and take photos, eat a picnic lunch, drink water or whatever.

Good thread Eddie as it really gets you to think about it all. :thumb:

Top Bottom