Thoughts on pricing?

He guys, if this is in the wrong section, I apologize!

Im looking at a brand new JKUR, and the dealer sent me a pretty firm offer OTD pricing. Window sticker is below. They said with Tax/Title/Registration out the door price would be: $42,893. Is this worth it?

http://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=1C4BJWFG1GL192082

Another issue I have is that I am currently under on my current car by 3k, so I would have to add that to financing.

Thanks for the help!

that is just for the JKUR, they haven't seen my trade yet. I am basing it off Kelly Blue book trade in. Owe $14k, worth 10k.

Something I should be on the look out for? I really just do not trust dealers!

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
that is just for the JKUR, they haven't seen my trade yet. I am basing it off Kelly Blue book trade in. Owe $14k, worth 10k.

Something I should be on the look out for? I really just do not trust dealers!

Just note that the market right now for used vehicles is VERY hot, so your trade in will likely get you more than you suspect. Kelley Blue Book (KBB) trade-in values are regional and only a rough measure. The true value of your trade in negotiated between yourself and the dealership. Ask $16k for your trade in and then work your way to getting a clean trade in for full payment of your pending Lien.

I looked over the sticker, the price seems pretty good, but I am curious, have you compared this to the Edmunds true market value? I used that to get an idea as to how the price compared to invoice. As I just picked up a 2016 a couple of months ago, I can say that the dealerships are willing to go to invoice, if not a little bit below and eat into their holdback figures.

Good luck!!

Just note that the market right now for used vehicles is VERY hot, so your trade in will likely get you more than you suspect. Kelley Blue Book (KBB) trade-in values are regional and only a rough measure. The true value of your trade in negotiated between yourself and the dealership. Ask $16k for your trade in and then work your way to getting a clean trade in for full payment of your pending Lien.

I looked over the sticker, the price seems pretty good, but I am curious, have you compared this to the Edmunds true market value? I used that to get an idea as to how the price compared to invoice. As I just picked up a 2016 a couple of months ago, I can say that the dealerships are willing to go to invoice, if not a little bit below and eat into their holdback figures.

Good luck!!

Ask for 16k, when it is worth 10k? is that even doable, buying a used one from another lot would be around 11500- 13k?

Good luck!!

Also, well below Edmunds true market value. Im basically paying the window sticker and that is including everything out the door. Just do not want to get bent over with the negative equity.

Shanetrn1

Ask for 16k, when it is worth 10k? is that even doable, buying a used one from another lot would be around 11500- 13k?

I recently traded in an Nissan Altima Coupe, that was KBB for ~$10k and they went up to $14k in my trade in after I had them lower the price of the Jeep and me almost walking out a couple times. It's doable but you have to negotiate... I like to bring snacks to show them I'm in it for the long haul [emoji4]

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug

So are you talking about your BMW automatic? There are 3 values with KBB: Trade-in (lowest), Private Seller (middle), and Dealer Sale (Highest). You quoted $10k for the trade-in, right? Maybe I mis-read that?

So are you talking about your BMW automatic? There are 3 values with KBB: Trade-in (lowest), Private Seller (middle), and Dealer Sale (Highest). You quoted $10k for the trade-in, right? Maybe I mis-read that?

2008 bmw 328i, automatic, silver, 74k miles. Dealer dude just emailed me saying he will "give you 8k right now without seeing it" that still leaves me rolling voer 6k into a new loan.....owe 14xxx on it

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
2008 bmw 328i, automatic, silver, 74k miles. Dealer dude just emailed me saying he will "give you 8k right now without seeing it" that still leaves me rolling voer 6k into a new loan.....owe 14xxx on it

Okay, I believe a negotiating lesson is in order. Remember, sight unseen for $8k is just a start. Have them inspect it and start at $16k or even $15k. Never start at your bottom number. Just my two cents, but I negotiate multimillion dollar claims, so this is just friendly advice.

Besides, the german cars have a really good re-sale value and might I say, you are going to be very happy with the part costs for your Jeep as opposed to that beamer. Verstanden Sie?

Okay, I believe a negotiating lesson is in order. Remember, sight unseen for $8k is just a start. Have them inspect it and start at $16k or even $15k. Never start at your bottom number. Just my two cents, but I negotiate multimillion dollar claims, so this is just friendly advice.

Besides, the german cars have a really good re-sale value and might I say, you are going to be very happy with the part costs for your Jeep as opposed to that beamer. Verstanden Sie?

Absolutely will try, just no cars, private party, or from a dealer are at 15k, let alone 16k...

Too high for the Rubicon. I just got a Hard Rock for less than that before trade and down payment. Ask what the Hold Back is. Be tough walk away if you can't get a better price.

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
View attachment 207413

He also sent this, how do I figure out the MDH and how it translates?

Okay, so the “EP” stands for employee pricing. The “PP” stands for preferred pricing. As you can imagine, the employee pricing is their invoice and the preferred pricing is their target.

I got mine for just below employee pricing. I do not think this invoice shows the holdback figure, but you can ask.

Top Bottom