Best full cage for a 4 door JK?

I'm looking to put a full cage in my JKU. Anyone have experience with those that are out there and how do you like them? I want to replace my factory sport bar with a complete full cage that looks good and function well if need be. Thanks!

Zadi

I was having the same dilemma. I was ready to pull the trigger on the GenRight full weld in for my jku. Come to find out that if you drive your jeep on the road, the weld in cages negate the factory crumple zones and actually make it more dangerous.

BigPrince

I was having the same dilemma. I was ready to pull the trigger on the GenRight full weld in for my jku. Come to find out that if you drive your jeep on the road, the weld in cages negate the factory crumple zones and actually make it more dangerous.

Have you seen some of the crashes in a JK? Crumple zone? You mean when the front windshield ends up where your head would be? I wouldn't run one without a front A Pillar cage addon at minimum.

Recent Example:
26e41298a0e5856a7d5dd1c5979ed367.jpg

Last edited:

trailless

Caught the Bug
Have you seen some of the crashes in a JK? Crumple zone? You mean when the front windshield ends up where your head would be? I wouldn't run one without a front A Pillar cage addon at minimum.

Recent Example:
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160321/26e41298a0e5856a7d5dd1c5979ed367.jpg/img][/QUOTE]

Crumple zones are mainly in the front and rear of the vehicle. During an impact, such as a head on collision, the crumple zones are designed to absorb the energy from the collision. If I were installing the cage in a daily driver and the cage affects the crumple zone, I'd probably be think twice about it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm looking to put a full cage in my JKU. Anyone have experience with those that are out there and how do you like them? I want to replace my factory sport bar with a complete full cage that looks good and function well if need be. Thanks!

Clearly, you have way more badass trails out in Florida and play way harder with your Jeep than I could ever hope to.

Zadi

I agree the factory cage needs reinforcement. I've done a lot of research and the best I've found is the Rock Hard 4x4 sport cage. They've been around a long time and their cage reinforces the factory cage, maintains the crumple zones and ties into the windshield.

Zadi

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1467943657.363053.jpg
That yellow jeep looked like it fell off a cliff directly on its top. This picture is a buddies jeep that had a 60mph roll over. He rolled 2:5 times, coming to rest on his roof. He had the ORFab cage. Notice the difference between the front and rear of the factory cage.

BigPrince

That yellow jeep looked like it fell off a cliff directly on its top. This picture is a buddies jeep that had a 60mph roll over. He rolled 2:5 times, coming to rest on his roof. He had the ORFab cage. Notice the difference between the front and rear of the factory cage.

Actually that yellow jeep ran into the median on the highway and crashed.

Clearly, you have way more badass trails out in Florida and play way harder with your Jeep than I could ever hope to.

Haha I'm a mall crawler. But I'm trying to do some more venturing out to rock crawl. I've just heard that the stock bar will do nothing in the case of a rollover.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Actually that yellow jeep ran into the median on the highway and crashed.

He barrel rolled three times. Little more to the story than you care to post. He was traveling at highway speeds also. The factory cage is a lot stronger than people think.

BigPrince

He barrel rolled three times. Little more to the story than you care to post. He was traveling at highway speeds also. The factory cage is a lot stronger than people think.

I'm sorry does this help? What other information would you like if I'm holding back?

https://www.facebook.com/dyllonmawn/posts/10153457112500418

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDICdwbNhmm/?taken-by=dyllonmawn

Stock cage is ok but not without it's ability to be upgraded - either Poison Spyder, Synergy, or Rock Hard.

I'm 6'8" and if I was in his yellow Jeep I would be dead. That windsheild is where my head would be. I have a Poison Spyder A pillar, Synergy B, and Poison Spyder C pillar. I am happy with the investment.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Again, agreed. The factory roll bar is a LOT stronger than most people think. Even on the burgundy JKU, the factory roll bar is crumpled but it still protected the rear occupants. Maybe not as ideally as one might prefer but considering the high rate of speed and how many times it rolled, I think it did pretty well. From the factory, MOST cars, trucks and SUV's would have seen at least that much damage if not more.

Haha I'm a mall crawler. But I'm trying to do some more venturing out to rock crawl. I've just heard that the stock bar will do nothing in the case of a rollover.

Yeah, I've heard that on the internet too. I'm just going off of what I have personally seen.

In that case, maybe I'll just go with a sport cage.

A sport cage is a great addition and one I would recommend.

Top Bottom