Best full cage for a 4 door JK?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm sorry does this help? What other information would you like if I'm holding back?

https://www.facebook.com/dyllonmawn/posts/10153457112500418

Maybe I missed something but all I read was something that sounded like sermon. :thinking: :idontknow:

Stock cage is ok but not without it's ability to be upgraded - either Poison Spyder, Synergy, or Rock Hard.

I'm 6'8" and if I was in his yellow Jeep I would be dead. That windsheild is where my head would be. I have a Poison Spyder A pillar, Synergy B, and Poison Spyder C pillar. I am happy with the investment.

And, whatever caused the damage on this Jeep would have been the same if not worse on ANY OTHER CAR, TRUCK OR SUV.

dwvninety

Friend installed a full cage, its loud as hell and lost some real estate for the rear passenger. Looks nice though.

Full Cage.jpg

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I'm sorry does this help? What other information would you like if I'm holding back?

https://www.facebook.com/dyllonmawn/posts/10153457112500418

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDICdwbNhmm/?taken-by=dyllonmawn

Stock cage is ok but not without it's ability to be upgraded - either Poison Spyder, Synergy, or Rock Hard.

I'm 6'8" and if I was in his yellow Jeep I would be dead. That windsheild is where my head would be. I have a Poison Spyder A pillar, Synergy B, and Poison Spyder C pillar. I am happy with the investment.

You said he hit a fucking median. He BARREL ROLLED THREE TIMES! That's a big piece to leave out and is way different than hitting a median.

Benito

Caught the Bug
Why is a full cage noisy? It has been repeated but no explanation why. I would assume that it could not possibly be louder than running without a top. Can you not run a top anymore so that is why? Is it just wind noise or does it make the whole jeep creak

Again, agreed. The factory roll bar is a LOT stronger than most people think. Even on the burgundy JKU, the factory roll bar is crumpled but it still protected the rear occupants. Maybe not as ideally as one might prefer but considering the high rate of speed and how many times it rolled, I think it did pretty well. From the factory, MOST cars, trucks and SUV's would have seen at least that much damage if not more.

Yeah, I've heard that on the internet too. I'm just going off of what I have personally seen.

A sport cage is a great addition and one I would recommend.

It looks like Rock Hard's cage is pretty good and is pretty easy to install. Is this the case?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Why is a full cage noisy? It has been repeated but no explanation why. I would assume that it could not possibly be louder than running without a top. Can you not run a top anymore so that is why? Is it just wind noise or does it make the whole jeep creak

It is mounted to the frame. It stiffens everything up to protect the jeep during a high speed roll. Doing so makes the cage and the jeep squeak like crazy. It is just a loud alternative.

Eddie and I have both run mud grapplers. This is a different type of loud.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
It is mounted to the frame. It stiffens everything up to protect the jeep during a high speed roll. Doing so makes the cage and the jeep squeak like crazy. It is just a loud alternative.

Eddie and I have both run mud grapplers. This is a different type of loud.

I thought the Genright cage only mounts to the tub near the body mount locations? I could be wrong but I think they had the frame tie-ins in R&D but decided against it so the stuck with tub mounted.

Trail JK

I've witnessed a couple flops on the trail and felt that the hard rock sport cage did it's job keeping the jeep structurally sound. I've heard stories of a good friend who rolled several times and I'm sure he would credit his sport cage protecting him from even greater injuries. I run the hard rock and enjoy using the grab handles also.

mastrcruse

I have a weld in Synergy cage. I went with the full A, B, C pillar kits with removable windshield, B, C harness bars. The A and B pillars connect to the frame and utilize bushings to help isolate vibration. I daily my jeep about 60 miles round trip and have not noticed an increase in noise, however, I do feel a little more drive train vibration. If you rated drive train vibration as a 1 out of 10 from a stock jeep, the vibration is now a 2.5 out of 10. My installer added a few gussets to the front and rear of the cage. He also removed the OEM C cross member and replaced it with DOM. Not sure I'd do anything different unless I want something "removable" or a full replacement...this seems to be a good happy medium.

cage2.JPG cage1.JPG

Top Bottom