Tyger Steps Reviews

pinkcamotexan

Has anyone ever used this product line? Know anyone who has? Thoughts??

I have a 2016 JKU and thought these would look great. However, I want it to do more than look great. I want it to actually do its job and protect my Jeep.

After reading alot of WAL guys reviews, I have come to trust that y'all won't steer me wrong!

Attachments

• 1470099325077.jpg
    1470099325077.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 333

swampdog

Never heard of them, and I'm sure there is a reason. The look like a crappy Chinese knockoff of the LOD sliders, which are an amazing product. Save a few hundred dollars more and get the LOD sliders, you will be happy later. It gets expensive to be cheap.

swampdog

Also, they look like they are body mounted. You do not want body mounted sliders, you want frame mounted sliders (EVO or LOD).

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Looks like a knockoff of smittybilt. When the Chinese start knocking off the Chinese, you'll want to steer clear.

Yep don't get those. I've seen them pop up on eBay and Amazon a long time ago when I was looking for sliders. I ended up getting poison spyder. Evo and LoD are great as well. Check out all three of these companies and make sure it's frame mounted. More pricey, but you get what you pay for of course.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Yep don't get those. I've seen them pop up on eBay and Amazon a long time ago when I was looking for sliders. I ended up getting poison spyder. Evo and LoD are great as well. Check out all three of these companies and make sure it's frame mounted. More pricey, but you get what you pay for of course.

Poison spider is probably made in the same plant by the same 8 year old.

Poison spider is probably made in the same plant by the same 8 year old.

Ah that's right. They were bought by transamerica about a year ago...totally forgot about that. I did get my sliders in 2014, so hopefully still being produced in USA at that point and not pumped out of the 4WP shops.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Yeah, so I was just told by the manager at 4WP that Poison Spyder is staying here in the US....., AND, that Poison Spyder will start manufacturing bumpers for Smittybilt here in the US as well. 🤔 yeah, doubt that!!

Edit: to the OP, don't buy cheap Chinese shit. The price may be tempting, but you really do get what you pay for. Always best to buy American when possible. You won't regret it!

Last edited:
Top Bottom