NEW Jeep Grand Wagoneer on Hold - Does Anyone Even Care?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As some of you may know, FCA has been working for sometime now to make and sell an all new, six-figure luxury SUV and call it, the Jeep Grand Wagoneer. The original plan was to have it available for 2017 but as of now, the whole project has been placed on hold and some rumors even suggest that it may end up getting cancelled. This of course is spite of all the time, work and money that has already gone into making it a reality and what I want to know is, does anyone here even care? I mean, I've heard such little discussions about it here or anywhere or relatively so and that got me to wonder, are there even people out there who were chomping at the bit to pop down $100,000+ for this new Jeep? I'd love to hear what you think.

2017-wagoneer.jpg

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I was excited until I learned of the $100K price tag. Now I'm mostly interested in what it was/is going to look like but nothing else.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
That thing is ugly and for 100k!?! Yea no thanks, don't care. This is the first I have heard of it anyway

Angry Aussie

Ugly, I wouldn't ever want one if that's how it looks. What a waste of money on research and development, when that money could have been better used paying employees better. I don't mean for the executives or big wigs at FCA that are already making too much money each year.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JeepJeep75

I can't see how it would be any better than a Grand Cherokee unless it had an available 6.4 Hemi or the Hellcat motor. And, to me, that grill belongs on a pickup, not an SUV. Where exactly is all that money you're paying for it going? Massaging seats, built-in refrigerator, maybe a hot tub in the back? As Stevie Wonder would say, I just don't see it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
In all fairness, the image above is just a rendering of what the Grand Wagoneer might look like. More than the looks, I was just wanting to know if there were really people out there who would spend that much money for a glorified Durango. I mean, I'm sure there are plenty of people who would throw that kind of money at building up a Wrangler but that's a different story. :crazyeyes:

benatc1

Hooked
not sure if id ever spend that much money on an luxury SUV, sports car maybe or save the money for Jeep parts. plus lets say that is the actual rendering of what it will look like, no thank you!

Sharkey

Word Ninja
At that price point? No effing way. If they built something bigger than a grand cherokee and smaller than a Yukon XL, that was priced well, I'd seriously consider it. But I don't see the point of a luxury suv that is $30-40k more expensive than a fully loaded Yukon XL/Denali.

jagerhelix

I was excited a couple years ago when I heard about it. Thought it was going to be a full size family SUV like an actual waggy that would fit a blue collar budget. Then the 100k price dropped and that dream was gone. Seems like a missed opportunity.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Brute

Hooked
It would have to equal a fully loaded Range Rover Sport with a 525hp supercharged v8...or why bother?...were they going to put a Hellcat in this one?

ob_tj

I could never spend 100k on an suv. And luxury isn't really my taste. I'll take a wrangler

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
At that price point? No effing way. If they built something bigger than a grand cherokee and smaller than a Yukon XL, that was priced well, I'd seriously consider it. But I don't see the point of a luxury suv that is $30-40k more expensive than a fully loaded Yukon XL/Denali.

My thoughts, exactly

Ddays

Hooked
I was just wanting to know if there were really people out there who would spend that much money for a glorified Durango.

No way! I have a '12 Durango and love it. Its one of the best all-around vehicles I've ever owned. Its especially nice for someone that sees a lot of windshield time. I had an '11 GC
but the Durango is a much better road vehicle with the foot longer chassis. Having said that, if you try to put a Jeep grill and badge on a Durango, change the suspension a little and try to charge me $100k I'm driving right past your dealership and buying an Expedition/Tahoe/Explorer/ or such. $100K?!? That's ludicrous. Granted, there are yupsters out there that will have one parked in front of the McMansion, but that price level is going to put the damn thing out of most enthusiasts price range.

ScoobyCarolanNC

Idk. Halo cars like that are funny when you get to the second or third owner. Honestly, I've been paying attention for a while & think it would have been cool. I considered buying a VW Phaeton v12 that was 6-7 years old. Depreciation is a bitch, my bitch. You can get amazing cars dirt cheap & I definitely would have toyed with the idea of driving that.

Sent from my duck blind.

Ddays

Hooked
Idk. Halo cars like that are funny when you get to the second or third owner. Honestly, I've been paying attention for a while & think it would have been cool. I considered buying a VW Phaeton v12 that was 6-7 years old. Depreciation is a bitch, my bitch. You can get amazing cars dirt cheap & I definitely would have toyed with the idea of driving that.

Sent from my duck blind.

I thought those bad boys had W12's, not V12's? It'd be cool 'til a timing chain shit the bed! :icon_crazy:

Top Bottom