Dynatrac Prosteer Ball Joints

bekel

Hi I wanted to know if you guys thought it would be worth it to get the prosteer ball joints for my factory 44 or get the stock ones and put the money into kitty for the prorock 60 package about 1/4 of the way saved up to get them maybe 1.5 years out yet

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hi I wanted to know if you guys thought it would be worth it to get the prosteer ball joints for my factory 44 or get the stock ones and put the money into kitty for the prorock 60 package about 1/4 of the way saved up to get them maybe 1.5 years out yet

If you're planning for a ProRock 60 for sure, I might save your money for it and help it to come that much sooner.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Brown Santa brought mine in today. Yeas I will be installing them in Dana 44. And yes I will get a new set in Prorock 60 unless I think I can press these out. Highly unlikable though
IMG_4070.jpg

That's just me though, others might think that's silly, but if you get something else and it'll wear out and then have to get another set it will even out to the cost of ProSteers anyway.

.....…...............................................................
MY BUILT/REBUILD: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?44123-Rebuilt-of-a-Billet-Silver-mall-crawler&p=859931#post859931

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Go ahead and get the Prosteers. A year and a half is a long time.

Nobody cares what you think and you are no longer welcome here. I'd be grateful if you'd please leave and not come back.

To the OP, there is no need to replace your ball joints with anything assuming they are still in good shape. If they aren't, a set of Crown HD ball joints should easily last you a year and a half and they cost a fraction of the price. Please note, the owner of Dynatrac is a personal friend of mine and I'm still recommending that you save your money and buy something else.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
To the OP, there is no need to replace your ball joints with anything assuming they are still in good shape. If they aren't, a set of Crown HD ball joints should easily last you a year and a half and they cost a fraction of the price. Please note, the owner of Dynatrac is a personal friend of mine and I'm still recommending that you save your money and buy something else.

That's true though, Eddie told me the same thing, but I will most likely keep my factory Dana 44 for more than 2 years form now. I don't really have a place to destroy my axle around here in Chicago.
I want to move out west so bad [emoji24]

MY BUILT/REBUILD: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?44123-Rebuilt-of-a-Billet-Silver-mall-crawler&p=859931#post859931

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Brown Santa brought mine in today. Yeas I will be installing them in Dana 44. And yes I will get a new set in Prorock 60 unless I think I can press these out. Highly unlikable though
View attachment 247730

That's just me though, others might think that's silly, but if you get something else and it'll wear out and then have to get another set it will even out to the cost of ProSteers anyway.

44 and 60 ball joints are different.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jkbroc

I am done paying for labor. I bought tools to do it myself, not only I learn something I also will keep the tools

Then I would say do the pro-steers. The fact that they are rebuildable is what sold me on them. Never have to press joints out and in again.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Then I would say do the pro-steers. The fact that they are rebuildable is what sold me on them. Never have to press joints out and in again.

You did see the part where the OP is saving up for a ProRock 60, right? One that he hopes to buy in the next year and a half. He'll never have to press out or service whatever he decides to install in his current axle.

BTW, welcome to WAYALIFE

Jkbroc

You did see the part where the OP is saving up for a ProRock 60, right? One that he hopes to buy in the next year and a half. He'll never have to press out or service whatever he decides to install in his current axle.

BTW, welcome to WAYALIFE

Thank you for the welcome. And I just realized I quote the wrong person asking if it was a self install however my thoughts would stay the same if the OP is installing them himself. With the money he is saving by doing it himself why not buy the best? While he will probably never have to service them but in the off chance he has to life will be easier. Also he will never fully recover the cost of buying them it would definitely help with resale of his axle whenever he decides to pull it for the PR60. His plans are for a year and a half but things might change. Who knows.

BTW, welcome to WAYALIFE

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
With the money he is saving by doing it himself why not buy the best? While he will probably never have to service them but in the off chance he has to life will be easier. Also he will never fully recover the cost of buying them it would definitely help with resale of his axle whenever he decides to pull it for the PR60. His plans are for a year and a half but things might change. Who knows.

:cheesy: Umm, yeah... ProSteers cost a little over $500 and Crown HD joints cost less than $200. Even if the the OP racks up 20,000 miles in a year, I'd have a hard time believing he'd burn through a pair of HD ball joints in 30,000. Used factory axle housings aren't worth a whole lot of anything and throwing more money at one than is needed won't do much of anything to increase that. But hey, what would I know.

JKbrick

Thank you for the welcome. And I just realized I quote the wrong person asking if it was a self install however my thoughts would stay the same if the OP is installing them himself. With the money he is saving by doing it himself why not buy the best? While he will probably never have to service them but in the off chance he has to life will be easier. Also he will never fully recover the cost of buying them it would definitely help with resale of his axle whenever he decides to pull it for the PR60. His plans are for a year and a half but things might change. Who knows.

The only money you save by doing it yourself is labor, he will still have $600 versus $200 in the replacement parts

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

:cheesy: Umm, yeah... ProSteers cost a little over $500 and Crown HD joints cost less than $200. Even if the the OP racks up 20,000 miles in a year, I'd have a hard time believing he'd burn through a pair of HD ball joints in 30,000. Used factory axle housings aren't worth a whole lot of anything and throwing more money at one than is needed won't do much of anything to increase that. But hey, what would I know.

Sorry didn't see your post before I posted

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jkbroc

Personally for the $300 buck difference I wouldn't sweat it that bad. Who knows how the OP feels about that. As far as resale a 44 with some goodies added to it aren't exactly cheap. He might be able to get a few extra bucks and sell it quicker then someone who chosen a non rebuildable HD ball joint.

Regards to your "but hey what do I know" comment.... I've occasionally came to your forum and read some good advice, some okay advice and then some cocky comments. I've seen this forum bashed and praised. I finally decided I'd contribute to it whether it's agreed with or not but I'll say this. A comment like yours, as small as it is, is what drives people away from posting considering you're the owner of the site. It's cool man. I get it. You own an awesome Jeep and have some friends in the Jeep game in high places and you aren't a idiot. No need to make those comments. We can agree to disagree. Hell if you ever make it to the arm pit of America (NJ) I'll buy you a beer and we can disagree more[emoji482]

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Personally for the $300 buck difference I wouldn't sweat it that bad. Who knows how the OP feels about that.

Right, because someone like the OP who's "putting money into a kitty" for parts shouldn't sweat $300 that he doesn't need to spend. :naw:

As far as resale a 44 with some goodies added to it aren't exactly cheap. He might be able to get a few extra bucks and sell it quicker then someone who chosen a non rebuildable HD ball joint.

Just like boats and RV's, you're kidding yourself if you really believe that anything you throw at a Jeep now is going to be worth anything a year and a half from now. Also, most used factory 44's are bent and I don't know to many people getting more than a grand for them even with bells and whistles on it. But hey, you're the expert here.

Regards to your "but hey what do I know" comment.... I've occasionally came to your forum and read some good advice, some okay advice and then some cocky comments. I've seen this forum bashed and praised. I finally decided I'd contribute to it whether it's agreed with or not but I'll say this. A comment like yours, as small as it is, is what drives people away from posting considering you're the owner of the site. It's cool man. I get it. You own an awesome Jeep and have some friends in the Jeep game in high places and you aren't a idiot. No need to make those comments.

:cheesy: You say all that like I should care or something. :crazyeyes:

We can agree to disagree. Hell if you ever make it to the arm pit of America (NJ) I'll buy you a beer and we can disagree more[emoji482]

Umm, I do believe that is what we've been doing only you seem to be sensitive about it. As far as the beer goes, the offer applies to you as well. :yup:

Trail JK

Personally for the $300 buck difference I wouldn't sweat it that bad. Who knows how the OP feels about that. As far as resale a 44 with some goodies added to it aren't exactly cheap. He might be able to get a few extra bucks and sell it quicker then someone who chosen a non rebuildable HD ball joint.

Regards to your "but hey what do I know" comment.... I've occasionally came to your forum and read some good advice, some okay advice and then some cocky comments. I've seen this forum bashed and praised. I finally decided I'd contribute to it whether it's agreed with or not but I'll say this. A comment like yours, as small as it is, is what drives people away from posting considering you're the owner of the site. It's cool man. I get it. You own an awesome Jeep and have some friends in the Jeep game in high places and you aren't a idiot. No need to make those comments. We can agree to disagree. Hell if you ever make it to the arm pit of America (NJ) I'll buy you a beer and we can disagree more[emoji482]

It always cracks me up how people react when they feel intimidated and are like... hey, I get it you're an asshole who knows a lot and has friends in high places but I'm gonna tell you if you want people to respond to you better be super nice to people who make ignorant comments and lack experience. And because I'm cool if you ever make it out my way I'll even buy you a beer.

Fuck off.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom