Dynatrac Prosteer Ball Joints

PHX JK

That's true though, Eddie told me the same thing, but I will most likely keep my factory Dana 44 for more than 2 years form now. I don't really have a place to destroy my axle around here in Chicago.
I want to move out west so bad [emoji24]

.....…...............................................................
MY BUILT/REBUILD: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?44123-Rebuilt-of-a-Billet-Silver-mall-crawler&p=859931#post859931

Come to Arizona. We love Jeeps and most people from Chicago dont move back. If you do come do your self a favor and don't bring those Chicago
Obama loving liberal politics out here. We love our Jeeps and our Guns.
PHX JK

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Come to Arizona. We love Jeeps and most people from Chicago dont move back. If you do come do your self a favor and don't bring those Chicago
PHX JK
This is a jeep forum, not a Rush Limbaugh Fan Club! Let's keep it that way.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If I am Sticking with a Stock Rubicon 44 front with welded C should I spring for the Pro Steers?

Yes, I would. And, if you ever decide to upgrade to a ProRock 44, you can swap them and all your internal components into it. That would save you a ton of money.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
If I am Sticking with a Stock Rubicon 44 front with welded C should I spring for the Pro Steers?

Once you're current ball joints go they would be a good investment. As stated earlier in this thread they are able to be rebuilt when they start to wear so they are a better investment over time.

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Once you're current ball joints go they would be a good investment. As stated earlier in this thread they are able to be rebuilt when they start to wear so they are a better investment over time.
Is rebuilding a lot easier vs buying new bj? Also, how much do rebuild kits costs?

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
Is rebuilding a lot easier vs buying new bj? Also, how much do rebuild kits costs?

The rebuild kits are $130 per side. Although expensive even to rebuild, they shouldn't need rebuilt as often as a standard balljoint would need replaced.
As far as replacement vs rebuild. The rebuild should be easier as you don't have to press them in and out. But if you have the tools to do it properly, pressing new Balljoints is far from a difficult task.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
PHX JK

I am not really sure if that is an invite or not [emoji848]

MY BUILT/REBUILD: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?44123-Rebuilt-of-a-Billet-Silver-mall-crawler&p=859931#post859931

PHX JK

Its an Invite for some and a warning for other's

AZ is a great place for an Outdoor Type
I came 10 years ago from California and had to consider the moderate Culture Shock from CA.
AZ is a Right to Work state, I had a problem with that at first,
Phoenix is 115f in the Summer that took some getting used to
AZ had a very conservative mind set, Some I liked right out of the Gate some
took some getting used to. New Yorkers get set home on a Daily Basis, Texan's do well
those from Chicago stay too and Californian's are 50/50. When you relocate you have to respect
the Regional Customs, like when I visit my dad up in Oregon I drink a lot of good Craft Beer and
leave my guns NRA t shirts home.

Good Jeep Trails, hunting, shooting, camping , low Taxes
Jobs kinda suck, schools suck too (My Kids attend Humboldt University in Nor Cal)
Overall it's an Invite for someone to Jeep with
PHX JK oh by the way I'm gonna get some of the Pro Steer Ball Joints

PHX JK

Yes, I would. And, if you ever decide to upgrade to a ProRock 44, you can swap them and all your internal components into it. That would save you a ton of money.
By the way, the Jeep I just bought is a 2015 with 16,000 miles
I heard that 13 up Jeep axles have clearance issues with Pro Steer joints. I also heard that there is a low profile version to address this
I'm about to have a coworker who is a bodyshop welder weld on a front trackbar relocation bracket and C Gussets was thinking about installing
Pro Steers at that time.It's gonna be phase 1 of my build
PHX

PHX JK

Gonna Email DynaTrac before starting Phase 1 Orange Overlander

I'm not sure dynatrac even makes the older taller ball joints anymore.

Im gonna Email them with this question. Want to manage my time well as I will tie up one of my hoists at
work Getting the welding done and Installing a 4in Enforcer, Dynatrac Ball Joints, and the Currie Curreclync
flipped drag link steering
PHX

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I heard that 13 up Jeep axles have clearance issues with Pro Steer joints. I also heard that there is a low profile version to address this
I'm about to have a coworker who is a bodyshop welder weld on a front trackbar relocation bracket and C Gussets was thinking about installing
PHX

I'm not sure dynatrac even makes the older taller ball joints anymore.

What you heard is right but it's also really old information. As OverlanderJK said, I don't even think the old style ProSteers are made anymore and haven't been for quite some time. Of course, it wouldn't hurt to verify as much.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
PHX

I just installed ProSteers this weekend. I have 2014 rubicon so I have beefier axle shafts. I don't have the clearance issue. I did some digging around before i proceeded with the install.
Both Dynatrac and Teraflex had clearance issue with the shafts with their balljoints.
Dynatrac fixed it shortly after finding out about this and teraflex didn't do a jack about it. They actually say in the instructions that you have to grind down you axle shaft at the ujoint to make room for the ball joint.... that's really dumb Teraflex!!!!!

This what happens with Teraflex
IMG_4171.JPG

And Here's a pic of my axle all assembled. It's hard to see with the tie rod in the way, but the shaft doesn't make contact with ball joint. It's a good 1/4" clearance between the two.

IMG_4204.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Both Dynatrac and Teraflex had clearance issue with the shafts with their balljoints.

To help others understand better, the yokes on the factory shafts were made bigger and that's why there was clearance issues.

Dynatrac fixed it shortly after finding out about this and teraflex didn't do a jack about it. They actually say in the instructions that you have to grind down you axle shaft at the ujoint to make room for the ball joint.... that's really dumb Teraflex!!!!!

Dynatrac makes everything here in America and once they realized the new problem, they were able to stop production immediately and make necessary changes. It's a bit harder for a company to make a change when you've already been shipped boat load of mass produced ball joints from China.

PHX JK

Just want to make sure, yes I read about his 2 years ago

Yeah Im sure I will be OK. Gonna have my Jeep Apart starting on a Friday night real soon . Gonna forklift the front axle to have the C gussets and front track bar bracket welded on while I put together most of the lift on Sat. I figured this is a good time to Upgrade the Ball Joints. After all this I slap on some Spidertrac Spacers and Order Some Trail Grapplers. I consider this Phase 1 Orange Overlander.
Yes this is info I came across 2 years ago when I wanted a Jeep. Got one now and am trying to make the most of Knowlege Gained in out community.
PHX

Top Bottom