EVO 4" Lift Kit ENFORCER Package

Tackerdown

Banned
I'm sure this is a simple question but why don't I need adjustable upper front / back and lower back control arms. I am aware of the drag flip because a wise man informed me of this. I'm just confused because you need to adjust the front lowers for caster shouldn't you do the same for the rear.I'm thinking I missed something but but from what I've read I thought this would be necessary.:thinking:

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
I'm sure this is a simple question but why don't I need adjustable upper front / back and lower back control arms. I am aware of the drag flip because a wise man informed me of this. I'm just confused because you need to adjust the front lowers for caster shouldn't you do the same for the rear.I'm thinking I missed something but but from what I've read I thought this would be necessary.:thinking:

Good question! I will be buying the Enforcer also so I'm interested to hear what our forum experts have to say!

WAYALIFE APP 🍺

Tackerdown

Banned
although sadly I will not be getting mine for a while I'm kinda anal and planning well in advance. I figure by the time I get it I should be able to install it without the direction.:naw: I was only planning on a 3 or 3.5" lift but this sounded like it might be worth the extra lift with the plush springs.

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Mine won't be ordered for a couple months but I'm also in the planning stage. I want to avoid as many headaches as possible. I figure I'll start a build thread in the not too distant future.

WAYALIFE APP 🍺

MTG

Caught the Bug
I'm no expert, but I'll give you my opinion.

The reason it only comes with front lowers is that is the minimum needed to adjust your caster and make the jeep drive great! You can add the remaining 3 control arms if you like but it will increase the cost. If you replace your rear driveshaft you will need adjustable uppers to set your pinion angle. Having all adjustable control arms would allow you to recenter your axles to the location they were before you installed the lift.

Short answer is you don't need them to have a fully functional jeep and including them would drive up the cost.

Tackerdown

Banned
I'm no expert, but I'll give you my opinion.

The reason it only comes with front lowers is that is the minimum needed to adjust your caster and make the jeep drive great! You can add the remaining 3 control arms if you like but it will increase the cost. If you replace your rear driveshaft you will need adjustable uppers to set your pinion angle. Having all adjustable control arms would allow you to recenter your axles to the location they were before you installed the lift.

Short answer is you don't need them to have a fully functional jeep and including them would drive up the cost.

Cost is a factor but doing the job right is more of a concern. it comes with the track bar re locator , but i was concerned with pinion angle. So the front needs the lower adjustable and the back needs the upper? I have a jkur so i didn't think I needed the rear dr. shaft just the front.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Cost is a factor but doing the job right is more of a concern. it comes with the track bar re locator , but i was concerned with pinion angle. So the front needs the lower adjustable and the back needs the upper? I have a jkur so i didn't think I needed the rear dr. shaft just the front.

It's fine without them. I have over 20K miles on my Enforcer lift. :thumb:

You're concerned about the pinion angle of the rear shaft? It is fine if you are using a stock rear DS. You'll need adjustable uppers if you switch to an aftermarket rear DS.

TheDuff

your are doing front lowers for castor and rear uppers for pinon angle. here is my take on the rears: if you did lower rears, you would have to make the links shorter to make the adjustment you want to correct the pinion angle. while doing uppers allows you to extend them to do the same job and not change the axle position as much if I'm not mistaken. of course having them all would be best and everything I said could be false:doh:

Tackerdown

Banned
Q: What are all the components that I will need with a 4" lift?
A:
For a 4" lift, you should have a set of 4" coils, bump stop extensions, longer shocks, extended brake lines, longer sway bar links, adjustable front track bar, adjustable rear track bar, front and rear track bar relocation brackets, dropped pitman arm, adjustable upper and lower control arms front and rear and new double cardin u-joint style drive shafts.

This is why I had these concerns.

TheDuff

A:
For a 4" lift, you should have a set of 4" coils, bump stop extensions, longer shocks, extended brake lines, longer sway bar links, adjustable front track bar, adjustable rear track bar, front and rear track bar relocation brackets, dropped pitman arm, adjustable upper and lower control arms front and rear and new double cardin u-joint style drive shafts.

avoid the dropped pitman arm, a drag link flip is much better

lots of people use the stock rear DS on a Jku.

TheDuff

the enforcer kit is a pretty complete solution. just really needing a front DS for a jku. others have gotten extended brake lines to be safe, but it has drop brackets in the kit so they are not 100% needed. I would even wager to bet the rear pinion angle isnt very bad with all stock arms in the rear on a jku. I have a teraflex 2.5 coil lift that netted me more of a 3.5" lift since i dont have any bumpers and still the stock spare out back, my pinion angle in the rear is fine. on a 2012+ that may be a different story though

Tackerdown

Banned
the enforcer kit is a pretty complete solution. just really needing a front DS for a jku. others have gotten extended brake lines to be safe, but it has drop brackets in the kit so they are not 100% needed.
I do have the brackets with my 2.5 BB lift

C.O.D.

TheDuff

the enforcer kit comes with some also, not sure if they are any longer than the BB of shorter teraflex kits:idontknow:

http://www.offroadevolution.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=EVO-ENFORCER-KIT

drag link flip is one of the options in the drop down boxes

in the picture here you can see them, fronts are by the control arms. rears are just right of the middle at the top and bottom of the picture.

as far as I know, you dont need adjustable track bars with this kit (of course they would add more adjustment to dial it in more precise) as the track bar brackets correct the geometry.

If I was had the cash to beef up the axles and regear to run 37's (also looks good with 35's!). this would be the kit I would take if coilovers where not doable on the budget:thumb:

FoxC

A:

With the enforcer kit:
You do not need a rear adjustable track bar as the basic Enforcer kit comes with a rear track bar relocation bracket that raises the roll center. This bracket will also recenter your rear axle again laterally.
A front adjustable track bar is only recommended if you do not run the drag link flip option. A front track bar relocation bracket is supplied with the drag link flip. The drag link flip also negates the need for the dropped pitman arm.
No rear upper or lower adjustable arms are needed to run the Enforcer kit on a JKU. Your rear pinion angle will be fine. The only reason you might want to run adjustable rear arms on a JKU is to push back your axel about an inch to recenter in the wheel well. This is not a neccessity though. You will only need a new rear shaft if you decide to push back the rear axel.
You will need a double cardin front drive shaft on a 2012 and up. The stock shaft will hit the exhaust crossover.

Pushrod

I have just ordered the Rock Krawler 2.5 X Factor kit. This kit replaces all 8 control arms with high misalignment and high clearance adjustable control arms. The kit is a bit more expencive than other mid arm kits but since it replaces virtualy the whole suspension system there isn't much else you can replace. Got a killer deal on it with Bilstein 5100 shocks from Northridge 4x4. By replacing the upper and lower control arms you are able to adjust pinion and castor as well as push the axles back into the middle of the wheel well as well as double adjustable front and rear track bars to center the axle side to side. Now I cant wait to receive it and get it installed. :thumb:

Tackerdown

Banned
I really didn't want 4" I wondrous if they have the plush springs in a shorter lift. Thanks for clearing things up much appreciated .:beer:

Sent from my PC36100 using WAYALIFE mobile app

FoxC

I really didn't want 4" I wondrous if they have the plush springs in a shorter lift. Thanks for clearing things up much appreciated .:beer:

Sent from my PC36100 using WAYALIFE mobile app
Evo offers the plush ride coils in 3". They will create a package around that heigth for you. just give them a call.

Top Bottom