PDA

View Full Version : Guess your reputation around the web is accurate.

swinler
04-30-2017, 02:49 PM
I'm on my second set of Guard Dogs. 32" and now 35s. They're good but one of mine needed a lot of weight to balance. That might be my fault though because Treadwright recommends the static balance, but mine were done on a standard dynamic machine. Also, this isn't a performance problem but my second set (which are remolded bead-to-bead) has some of the new rubber squeezed out around the edge of the rims. It's just a thin layer of new rubber that was molded over the existing bead. They may have fixed that cosmetic problem by now, not sure. I'm happy with them and may go with the Claw II when my current set wears out (the Claw II tread pattern resembles the earlier BFG KMs but you can get them in 35s). Can't beat the price - where else can you get a set of 5 new 35" treads for around a grand?

On road, they seem to work like other off-road oriented tires. Never a problem on dry pavement. Their wet traction is probably average; I don't feel like I need the white knuckles every time it rains. As others have said the Kedge grip would most likely help with wet/icy conditions. They are molded for studs. You've always got that little shift lever on the console to help a little with the rain/snow, unless you have one of those strange 2wd JKs...

The Guard Dogs hum/whine/sing. I'm used to it. They do seem to get the animals' attention; but I'll never be able to say how many critters I avoided hitting because of the tire noise... My coworkers sometimes ask me what that noise is when going out to lunch; I just say that's the sound of liberal tears hitting the dry pavement :usa-flag: oops did I offend someone? :grouphug:

As for off-road: Again I've only tried the Guard Dog so far but they are excellent in both rocks and mud. I always air them down to ~15 psi (315/75 R17) on stock early Rubicon rims, air back up and drive anywhere from 20-40 miles back home and have yet to have a problem after 2-1/2 years, ~35,000 miles and maybe a couple dozen trail rides.

These tires tend to be on the heavy side, but that could work as an advantage in some off-road situations. I once considered getting a set of the earlier Mopar / Hutchinson beadlocks (which are a little more than twice as heavy as the stock Rubi rims if memory serves). You may want to look at some lighter tires for beadlocks, or screw it and explore the limits of the D30/D44s while building your ton axle fund :rock:

Treadwright supposedly ensures that all tires in a given order have matching carcasses. That is obviously a greater concern with their bead-to-bead tires, but there are almost certainly noticeable differences in the tires' inner surface from one brand to another. I checked my newest set carefully and did not see any differences.

I think there's a stigma associated with remolded tires that will never go away. That's OK by me because it helps keep the prices suppressed. Always chalk test your tires to find your optimum pressures, re-check them weekly, rotate etc. and they'll be as safe as any other tire.

swinler
05-03-2017, 04:26 AM
Not to disagree, but the biggest safety item is always between the ears. :drinks:

dwvninety
05-03-2017, 04:56 AM
Not to disagree, but the biggest safety item is always between the ears. :drinks:

Welcome to WAL

BananaJeep
05-03-2017, 02:22 PM
I would NEVER run a re-tread. Completely stupid idea and incredibly dangerous, IMO.

While I don't disagree, you seem to be in love with your below average quality tires, and when you skimp out on tires, you skimp out on safety. So you're "between the ears" safety device must be broken!

swinler
05-03-2017, 03:09 PM
I would NEVER run a re-tread. Completely stupid idea and incredibly dangerous, IMO.

While I don't disagree, you seem to be in love with your below average quality tires, and when you skimp out on tires, you skimp out on safety. So you're "between the ears" safety device must be broken!

Nice. There is a very significant difference between retreads and Treadwright's manufacturing process. This has all been argued before in various forums, which is why I said that the stigma and ignorance regarding retreads vs remolded tires will almost certainly never go away. All I'm saying is that Treadwright tires are worth serious, mature consideration; and if one cannot look beyond the anti-hype, then brand new tires are the way to go. 🍻

BananaJeep
05-03-2017, 03:21 PM
Nice. There is a very significant difference between retreads and Treadwright's manufacturing process. This has all been argued before in various forums, which is why I said that the stigma and ignorance regarding retreads vs remolded tires will almost certainly never go away. All I'm saying is that Treadwright tires are worth serious, mature consideration; and if one cannot look beyond the anti-hype, then brand new tires are the way to go. 🍻

A retread is a retread is a retread.... they're all the same. I don't care what process changes they made, at one time that tire was junk and they dress it up to sell it again. Garbage.

swinler
05-04-2017, 04:16 AM
Let's just bypass the all too common devolution of thread discussion into who can manage to "shout the loudest" on here. Bottom line is that there is risk involved in everything. Do your homework. Try to avoid opinions devoid of facts or personal experience. Find as much objective info as you can. Individual experiences like mine or the others here aren't as useful because they're mostly single points of data, especially in this case when one really needs an adequate understanding of the probability (requiring much more data) of getting a full set of remolded tires as safe as brand new. If you're giving the brand a rigorous look, then you've got a lot of work ahead of you. Visit the treadwright web page and look not only at their technical information but also the company history: founded around 40 years ago; expanded manufacturing in 2014-2015. If their tires are inherently unsafe, then there should be a corresponding increase in negative information out there like lawsuits, bad press, etc. Try to find that kind of information too. Ask yourself how they're not only still in business, but apparently thriving.

It's perhaps a bit of parental instinct to advise others to do one thing or another. Be your own adult and think for yourself. It's very rewarding to make your own decisions backed up by your own hard-earned knowledge of not only the facts but also the uncertainties. Good luck! 👍

AZ Explorer
05-05-2017, 01:32 AM

Brains are only as good as their owners investment in them. Big tires and blowouts don't mix well so I stand by my statement as anyone can buy a better tire. They can't buy a better brain no matter how much they need it.

swinler
05-05-2017, 03:47 AM
LOL this thread is nearly identical to at least one other (an Xterra forum has dozens of pages of back-and-forth about Treadwright).

AZ Explorer
05-05-2017, 04:37 AM
I'd say its really not about treadwright at all. To me it's more about buying something known to be good vs rolling the dice because someone is cheap. Are people so taxed on their Jeep payment that they are running their budget to the limit? If you can't afford tires then maybe it's time to trade for a prius. Most people crying or here or any forum do so frequently because they were cheap and bought crap products. They come on here wanting a review on something and when they don't hear what they want, they complain or start shit. The OP asked for an opinion and very largely nobody has an interest in these tires, his question was answered but you seem to have a problem with it. With 5 posts as of this response, and all of them in this thread, its hard to take you seriously. Pretty much coming off as a troll. My opinion is and remains, buy good stuff. Since I don't live in my parent's basement and work for a living, I can afford it. Those who can't shouldn't be trying to keep up with those that do, or the smart ones who are on here, and there are a LOT a smart people here on a budget, do it in stages. They buy good quality tires/parts when the time is right. In the end, buying the cheapest thing available just to have it now may be the best thing for a treadwright lover, at least when the repo man comes, they won't be out anything valuable... except the rest of that Jeep they couldn't afford in the first place. With any luck this rant/response gave you the trollgasm you were looking for. :hmm:

swinler
05-05-2017, 11:16 AM
I'd say its really not about treadwright at all. To me it's more about buying something known to be good vs rolling the dice because someone is cheap. Are people so taxed on their Jeep payment that they are running their budget to the limit? If you can't afford tires then maybe it's time to trade for a prius. Most people crying or here or any forum do so frequently because they were cheap and bought crap products. They come on here wanting a review on something and when they don't hear what they want, they complain or start shit. The OP asked for an opinion and very largely nobody has an interest in these tires, his question was answered but you seem to have a problem with it. With 5 posts as of this response, and all of them in this thread, its hard to take you seriously. Pretty much coming off as a troll. My opinion is and remains, buy good stuff. Since I don't live in my parent's basement and work for a living, I can afford it. Those who can't shouldn't be trying to keep up with those that do, or the smart ones who are on here, and there are a LOT a smart people here on a budget, do it in stages. They buy good quality tires/parts when the time is right. In the end, buying the cheapest thing available just to have it now may be the best thing for a treadwright lover, at least when the repo man comes, they won't be out anything valuable... except the rest of that Jeep they couldn't afford in the first place. With any luck this rant/response gave you the trollgasm you were looking for. :hmm:

Why don't you contribute something meaningful to this thread and share your personal experience with Treadwright tires?

WJCO
05-05-2017, 11:19 AM
Why don't you contribute something meaningful to this thread and share your personal experience with Treadwright tires?

Do you work for Treadright or something? You seem rather quick to defend them continually. You've been a member here since 2014 and just popped up recently and all of your posts are in this thread. :hmm:

notnalc68
05-05-2017, 11:38 AM
I'm on my second set of Guard Dogs. 32" and now 35s. They're good but one of mine needed a lot of weight to balance. That might be my fault though because Treadwright recommends the static balance, but mine were done on a standard dynamic machine. Also, this isn't a performance problem but my second set (which are remolded bead-to-bead) has some of the new rubber squeezed out around the edge of the rims. It's just a thin layer of new rubber that was molded over the existing bead. They may have fixed that cosmetic problem by now, not sure. I'm happy with them and may go with the Claw II when my current set wears out (the Claw II tread pattern resembles the earlier BFG KMs but you can get them in 35s). Can't beat the price - where else can you get a set of 5 new 35" treads for around a grand?

On road, they seem to work like other off-road oriented tires. Never a problem on dry pavement. Their wet traction is probably average; I don't feel like I need the white knuckles every time it rains. As others have said the Kedge grip would most likely help with wet/icy conditions. They are molded for studs. You've always got that little shift lever on the console to help a little with the rain/snow, unless you have one of those strange 2wd JKs...

The Guard Dogs hum/whine/sing. I'm used to it. They do seem to get the animals' attention; but I'll never be able to say how many critters I avoided hitting because of the tire noise... My coworkers sometimes ask me what that noise is when going out to lunch; I just say that's the sound of liberal tears hitting the dry pavement :usa-flag: oops did I offend someone? :grouphug:

As for off-road: Again I've only tried the Guard Dog so far but they are excellent in both rocks and mud. I always air them down to ~15 psi (315/75 R17) on stock early Rubicon rims, air back up and drive anywhere from 20-40 miles back home and have yet to have a problem after 2-1/2 years, ~35,000 miles and maybe a couple dozen trail rides.

These tires tend to be on the heavy side, but that could work as an advantage in some off-road situations. I once considered getting a set of the earlier Mopar / Hutchinson beadlocks (which are a little more than twice as heavy as the stock Rubi rims if memory serves). You may want to look at some lighter tires for beadlocks, or screw it and explore the limits of the D30/D44s while building your ton axle fund :rock:

Treadwright supposedly ensures that all tires in a given order have matching carcasses. That is obviously a greater concern with their bead-to-bead tires, but there are almost certainly noticeable differences in the tires' inner surface from one brand to another. I checked my newest set carefully and did not see any differences.

I think there's a stigma associated with remolded tires that will never go away. That's OK by me because it helps keep the prices suppressed. Always chalk test your tires to find your optimum pressures, re-check them weekly, rotate etc. and they'll be as safe as any other tire.

Nice advertisement

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

OverlanderJK
05-05-2017, 11:59 AM

So you can post your opinion about a garbage tire but he can't? Why's that?

This is literally a garbage tire. People throw their tires away and this company buys them and puts new tread on the outside. You don't reuse other people's toilet paper after they take a shit do you?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

zimm
05-05-2017, 12:03 PM
You don't reuse other people's toilet paper after they take a shit do you?

You can if you wrap clean toilet paper around the used stuff.

swinler
05-05-2017, 12:10 PM
No I have no affiliation to Treadwright or any other tire maker. I do wonder about the folks who are so quick to scream their opinions on a product for which they have never tried and have little to no useful knowledge.

swinler
05-05-2017, 12:17 PM
Unless you have personal experience with these tires, or have some real data or "research" about these tires to contribute, why do you feel qualified to have a useful opinion on them? Looks to me like the OP was looking for relevant opinions based on actually having used the tires.

WJCO
05-05-2017, 12:24 PM
No I have no affiliation to Treadwright or any other tire maker. I do wonder about the folks who are so quick to scream their opinions on a product for which they have never tried and have little to no useful knowledge.

Unless you have personal experience with these tires, or have some real data or "research" about these tires to contribute, why do you feel qualified to have a useful opinion on them? Looks to me like the OP was looking for relevant opinions based on actually having used the tires.

We get it. You're a Treadwright fan.

Sheaffadelic
05-05-2017, 12:27 PM
We get it. You're a Treadwright fan.

treadwright... Dudes... Same thing :dont_know:

Trail JK
05-05-2017, 01:02 PM
Let's just bypass the all too common devolution of thread discussion into who can manage to "shout the loudest" on here. Bottom line is that there is risk involved in everything. Do your homework.

Personally enough experiences has been shared confirming the tires have failed. Also if this thread sounds and looks like others then it is logical to conclude that the risk is not worth the price.

Side note, you haven't earned any credibility here yet so I'd recommend you parking lot your attitude. Btw recommending shit products will not earn you said credibility.

Lastly, sorry about your tires. [emoji106]

AZ Explorer
05-05-2017, 01:12 PM

Since you've posted now, eight times in one thread, how do you feel qualified to tell anyone how this thread (which you didn't even start) should be run or what they can post in it? I don't need to be an expert in this specific tire to make a judgement call. I have enough life experience behind me to understand that buying good quality parts that are known to have a track record of success is the smarter course of action.

robx251
05-05-2017, 02:13 PM
I would say it strictly depends upon what you plan on doing with the tires if you plan and running him on a purely off-road rig absolutely save the money and if you cut a side wall or something D caps whatever words are out in the woods yet it sucks but it's not an issue with safety if you're going to be going down the highway at 80 85 even though I understand semis do it all the time there's also lots of semi recap sitting on the side of the road it could potentially be a big safety hazard and I would recommend getting a soda brand new virgin tires I looked into the situation pretty heavily myself last year and Anna going and getting a set of new tires you can get some new tires granted they're not the best tires online through multiple dealerships for not much money more than you'd spend on a set of tried rights when you include shipping mounting and balancing

Sent from my LG-M210 using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

swinler
05-05-2017, 10:24 PM
Since ...how do you feel qualified to tell anyone how this thread (which you didn't even start) should be run...

Uhhh, cuz the OP wrote, "Treadwright Tires! Anyone use these tires? What's your thoughts?" Reads like he was most interested in direct experience or real research. Just trying to stay on topic there tough guy.

Clearly there a lot of strong opinions about tires. Just trying to present something that clearly differs from the herd mentality around here, without all the needless fear-mongering and immature commentary. Treadwright tires are worth a look. Like 'em, gonna get a set? Good for you? Don't like 'em, gonna buy a brand new set of tires? Good for you!

JKDream
05-05-2017, 10:57 PM
Uhhh, cuz the OP wrote, "Treadwright Tires! Anyone use these tires? What's your thoughts?" Reads like he was most interested in direct experience or real research. Just trying to stay on topic there tough guy.

Clearly there a lot of strong opinions about tires. Just trying to present something that clearly differs from the herd mentality around here, without all the needless fear-mongering and immature commentary. Treadwright tires are worth a look. Like 'em, gonna get a set? Good for you? Don't like 'em, gonna buy a brand new set of tires? Good for you!

Which was provided in the thread. A forum is for discussion - people are going to disagree with you.
There has been quite a few blowouts on their tires which is enough for most people not to buy them.
Its expensive to be cheap. And these aren't even that cheap anyway.
Your on a Jeep forum praising a tire that literally says airing down will void a warranty.
What did you expect?

AZ Explorer
05-06-2017, 12:38 AM
[QUOTE=swinler;892151 Just trying to present something that clearly differs from the herd mentality around here, without all the needless fear-mongering and immature commentary. Treadwright tires are worth a look. [/QUOTE]

There it is, the usual troll commentary, followed by die hard product plug. I never said anywhere that anything I believe is more than an opinion based on experience. Accept that you are in the minority here, and all the other forums you follow apparently by your own admission. You would be hard-pressed to find anybody here pushing a retread on an inexperienced Jeeper because the people who are experienced wouldn't buy those things in the first place. It's really just that simple. By the way, welcome to WAL. Not a single wave from you since you joined years ago, nor have you welcomed anyone else. No praise for anyone's build, in that section either. You haven't had a single interaction with anyone other than in this thread and you wonder why your opinion is not being welcomed with open arms, aside from it just being bad advice. If you had actually read this forum on regular basis you would've seen this coming, nobody here appreciates a newbie with a know it all attitude. And when you continue to argue when the general consensus is that you're wrong, you're going to get more and more pushback. If that concept is too complicated, and you are a troll, then you should stick to simpler things like trying to get your sister's tooth out of your foreskin, or balancing your laptop on the back of whatever barnyard animal you're standing behind. If thats a tough guy comment, I may have had too much kool-aid.:yup:

JMac79
05-06-2017, 01:04 AM
While I don't have experience with Treadwright tires I do have a ton of experience with retreads. A few years ago I worked with a vehicle maintenance shop as their machinist/welder. The government was looking to save money so we started to buy retreaded tires because of cost. These went on dump trucks, water trucks and regular pick up trucks. We were a small construction unit so most of the vehicles never saw speeds over 45 mph. The results were hit or miss. Some tires lasted, some treads just fell off from the beginning or went some time from falling off. These were from various manufacturers. The tread on these retreads wore about the same as regular tires. I personally wouldn't run retreads but I know everyone is on a certain budget. While safety is my main concern for my family what is lost is the safety for others as well when your cruising 70 mph on the freeway.

wayoflife
05-06-2017, 01:24 AM
:cheesy: So, I got the following email from this guy....

-----Original Message-----
From: swinler - WAYALIFE Jeep Forum [mailto:gswinler@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, May 5, 2017 6:04 PM
To: webmaster
Subject: WAYALIFE Jeep Forum Contact Us Form - Delete my account please

The following message was sent to you via the WAYALIFE Jeep Forum Contact Us form by swinler ( mailto:gswinler@yahoo.com ).

--------------------------------

Please delete my account. Too many folks on your forum don't like to hear differing opinions. Much less drama on the other Jeep fora.

--------------------------------

Referring Page:
IP Address: 24.214.129.46
User Name: swinler
User ID: 12770
Email: gswinler@yahoo.com

I must say, it took me a while to figure out who he was or what this was all about being that all 9 of his posts were on this thread and this in spite of the fact that he's been a member since 2014 :naw:

AZ Explorer
05-06-2017, 01:25 AM
While I don't have experience with Treadwright tires I do have a ton of experience with retreads. A few years ago I worked with a vehicle maintenance shop as their machinist/welder. The government was looking to save money so we started to buy retreaded tires because of cost. These went on dump trucks, water trucks and regular pick up trucks. We were a small construction unit so most of the vehicles never saw speeds over 45 mph. The results were hit or miss. Some tires lasted, some treads just fell off from the beginning or went some time from falling off. These were from various manufacturers. The tread on these retreads wore about the same as regular tires. I personally wouldn't run retreads but I know everyone is on a certain budget. While safety is my main concern for my family what is lost is the safety for others as well when your cruising 70 mph on the freeway.

Similar experience in the commercial trucking industry. It is illegal to run retreads on steers or at all on a bus. That tells me something about their record. People are going to do what they want but I can't in good conscience recommend to anyone, even on a budget to go cheap on certain things, and often it's not that big of a savings anyhow. Your statement is so true too about others. When I had my Dodge Challenger, a truck threw a tread on the hwy. and it took a chunk out of the facia and dented the fender. Had it happened a few second later it would have hit the open driver side window, who know what the result would have been?

AZ Explorer
05-06-2017, 01:32 AM

I must say, it took me a while to figure out who he was or what this was all about being that all 9 of his posts were on this thread and this in spite of the fact that he's been a member since 2014 :naw:

That's a bummer, that swindler guy from treadwright was just starting to sway me.

notnalc68
05-06-2017, 01:47 AM

Um, I guess Swine ler doesn't like differing opinions.

JMac79
05-06-2017, 01:59 AM
Um, I guess Swine ler doesn't like differing opinions.

It's funny how that works. When I see someone that differs from my opinion I take it and move on.

notnalc68
05-06-2017, 02:00 AM
It's funny how that works. When I see someone that differs from my opinion I take it and move on.

Well, that's what you'd think an adult would do, instead of getting butthurt.

JMac79
05-06-2017, 02:01 AM
Similar experience in the commercial trucking industry. It is illegal to run retreads on steers or at all on a bus. That tells me something about their record. People are going to do what they want but I can't in good conscience recommend to anyone, even on a budget to go cheap on certain things, and often it's not that big of a savings anyhow. Your statement is so true too about others. When I had my Dodge Challenger, a truck threw a tread on the hwy. and it took a chunk out of the facia and dented the fender. Had it happened a few second later it would have hit the open driver side window, who know what the result would have been?

Yeah that sucks but glad the damage was only cosmetic. People fail to realize that at times with either a chunk flying at someone else's vehicle or having a blow out and losing control of vehicle. You're right regardless of budget people have a responsibility of others.

WJCO
05-06-2017, 02:03 AM

Sad to see him go. Maybe we should have just agreed with him. Shame on the members here for posting their first hand experience that the tires in question suck donkey balls.

*Sarcasm font*

Mike_JK_Houston_711
05-06-2017, 02:18 AM

In my opinion, no tire that has failed for the same customer not once, but twice, is "worth a look". And after seeing that picture...and with a 5 for $1K price tag, it paints a clear picture to me. Those tires are garbage...have I run them? No. But I've heard and seen what I need to know.

swinler
05-06-2017, 02:39 AM

Wow, you too, Eddie. What a disappointment to the Jeep community. Guess your reputation around the web is accurate. I do recall a while back another member wanted to delete his account, but you refused. Something about keeping the member count artificially high to look good for the advertisers. Prove me wrong.

wayoflife
05-06-2017, 02:46 AM
Wow, you too, Eddie. What a disappointment to the Jeep community. Guess your reputation around the web is accurate. I do recall a while back another member wanted to delete his account, but you refused. Something about keeping the member count artificially high to look good for the advertisers. Prove me wrong.

Wow, how original. What a disappointment that you just couldn't get yourself to just log off and leave. Guess everyone here was right about you. I do recall that we have rules and in them, they clearly state we do not delete accounts. https://wayalife.com/faq.php?faq=wayaliferules#faq_removeme

Sadly, I thought you might be smart enough to have read them before contacting me with your drivel. Guess you proved me wrong.

WJCO
05-06-2017, 02:48 AM

Get bent already. You got pissy because the majority didn't agree with you. You seem like the kind of guy who tries to pass legislation for his own special bathroom.

notnalc68
05-06-2017, 02:56 AM
Did you get what you were looking for? You've been lurking since 2014.

swinler
05-06-2017, 03:00 AM
Wow, how original. What a disappointment that you just couldn't get yourself to just log off and leave. Guess everyone here was right about you. I do recall that we have rules and in them, they clearly state we do not delete accounts. https://wayalife.com/faq.php?faq=wayaliferules#faq_removeme

Sadly, I thought you might be smart enough to have read them before contacting me with your drivel. Guess you proved me wrong.

How are you able to stay in your "business" if this is how you run it? I've heard for years now that many folks intentionally avoid businesses that openly support your endeavors. You're demonstrating why right now. Did you even bother to read the original thread?

notnalc68
05-06-2017, 03:02 AM
How are you able to stay in your "business" if this is how you run it? I've heard for years now that many folks intentionally avoid businesses that openly support your endeavors. You're demonstrating why right now. Did you even bother to read the original thread?

You are a whiny little bitch. YOU are the one that can't handle differing opinions.

swinler
05-06-2017, 03:05 AM
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/general-chit-chat/1870913-so-fucktard-deserves-bit-attention-5.html#/topics/1870913?page=1

WJCO
05-06-2017, 03:06 AM

If you hung around more and contributed (other than trying to force shitty tires down our throats), you would know this is not about business, this forum is about their willingness to share their passion of Jeeps with others for free. They have said that multiple times. Of course if other forums contradict that, they must know better.

You've heard for years? Must be that you've been spending all these years soaking up whatever bullshit you read on the internet and believing it.

notnalc68
05-06-2017, 03:08 AM
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/general-chit-chat/1870913-so-fucktard-deserves-bit-attention-5.html#/topics/1870913?page=1

Oh, we are familiar with that. Funny you don't see whole threads here, for bashing that place. You should hang out there.

wayoflife
05-06-2017, 03:16 AM
How are you able to stay in your "business" if this is how you run it?

:cheesy: It must really suck to be you knowing that I not only run my forum the way I want but I do so well at it, I own a fleet of nice Jeeps and can go wheeling whenever I want.

I've heard for years now that many folks intentionally avoid businesses that openly support your endeavors. You're demonstrating why right now.

And I've heard for years that there are these grown men who hang out on other forums and spend all there time bitching about me. You're demonstrating that you're one of them.

Did you even bother to read the original thread?

Nope. All I had to do was read your pathetic email to tell me what I needed to know. :yup:

wayoflife
05-06-2017, 03:16 AM

:yawn37:.....

2nd.gunman
05-06-2017, 03:23 AM
Just another whiny little bitch with nothing original to say

dwvninety
05-06-2017, 03:23 AM

I bet your the type to reuse used condoms.....

notnalc68
05-06-2017, 03:35 AM

Strodinator
05-06-2017, 06:07 AM
This guy is cracking me up, I got a little bit of bad rep when I started here because I recommended a Badlands winch when the guy wanted a warn. I swallowed my pride and moved on and since then I've got nothing but great advice from you guys. It really makes me scratch my head and wonder why this guy wouldn't just agree to disagree and move on to better things.

Sent from my Life One X2 using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

swinler
05-06-2017, 06:14 AM
Ohhhh alright. Read a few of the threads in the "Infirmary." Think I understand a bit better now. Having lots of fun being jackasses on here - nice release from the real world. It's been many moons since I was as shitty to other people, but do remember having fun. Meh, probably getting too old for it now. Besides, I think your posts are still searchable, Eddie. Carry on, but be careful - big brother's watching. Peace bitches!! :spy::spy::spy:

swinler
05-06-2017, 06:22 AM
This guy is cracking me up, I got a little bit of bad rep when I started here because I recommended a Badlands winch when the guy wanted a warn. I swallowed my pride and moved on and since then I've got nothing but great advice from you guys. It really makes me scratch my head and wonder why this guy wouldn't just agree to disagree and move on to better things.

Sent from my Life One X2 using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

I did, but either didn't get it across or the other guys were too busy taking pot shots at me. It's cool.

notnalc68
05-06-2017, 06:30 AM
I did, but either didn't get it across or the other guys were too busy taking pot shots at me. It's cool.

You wanted your account deleted. Why are you still here?

swinler
05-06-2017, 06:32 AM
You wanted your account deleted. Why are you still here?

Post #51, bitch!

swinler
05-06-2017, 06:34 AM
LOL you guys keep changing my avatar. That one is a BFG KM2 supposedly unmolested by the deadly retread companies...

highoctane
05-06-2017, 06:49 AM
Didn't take much to trigger this snowflake.

AZ Explorer
05-06-2017, 06:55 AM
All Treadwright tires... That better? Many, many more where these came from.

Trail JK
05-06-2017, 08:10 AM
Post #51, bitch!

Swindler recommends shitty tires... claims to be mature... gets butt hurt and starts calling everyone a bitch. [emoji106] Didn't see that coming.

Ddays
05-06-2017, 12:22 PM
Retreads?!? Really?!? I didn't realize they still made that crap. So they still take an old worn out tire and put new tread on it and call it safe?
And 5 tires for $1000. That's still $200 per tire. I only paid $315 for my 37x13.50 Coopers. :thinking: $115 per tire savings is not worth the possible
consequences. Sorry, but this goofballs argument is kinda stupid IMHO.

TrainWreck618
05-06-2017, 12:33 PM
I'm not too familiar with retreading a tire, but it doesn't sound like a great idea at speed. I can understand retreading equipment tires that are massive and move slowly. Those tires can be really expensive to replace and a retread makes sense. I could understand using them on a Trail rig that doesn't commute to and from the trails.. but it still seems like a possible waste of money. I wouldn't do it

swinler
05-06-2017, 03:25 PM
For anyone seriously considering remold / retread tires, here's a detailed analysis of highway tire debris and casings. The conclusions may surprise you (see p. 188).

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Daniel_Blower/publication/30862153_Commercial_medium_tire_debris_study/links/0deec537b52d7a711d000000/Commercial-medium-tire-debris-study.pdf

wayoflife
05-06-2017, 03:28 PM
For anyone seriously considering remold / retread tires, here's a detailed analysis of highway tire debris and casings. The conclusions may surprise you (see p. 188).

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Daniel_Blower/publication/30862153_Commercial_medium_tire_debris_study/links/0deec537b52d7a711d000000/Commercial-medium-tire-debris-study.pdf

Funny, I could have sworn you wanted your account deleted as in, you didn't want to be here anymore. :thinking:

Since you seemed to have missed it, NOBODY here is seriously considering your remold/retread tires. :naw:

swinler
05-06-2017, 03:37 PM
Here's a much easier read:

http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/nr/rdonlyres/66366b14-f8b2-43a2-8495-16ce599469fa/0/retreadtiresynthesis9309.pdf

catahoula
05-06-2017, 03:45 PM
I can get 5 Toyo AT2's 285/75/17's with a RH warranty for $1122.45

Or

I can get 5 Mastercraft Courser MXT's 295/70/17's with a RH warranty for $1031.90

Or

I can get 5 Mastercraft Courser MXT's 315/70/17's with RH warranty for $1176.00

Why in the fuck would I buy 5 retreads! You would really have to be stupid to do that!

Mike_JK_Houston_711
05-06-2017, 03:51 PM
I can get 5 Toyo AT2's 285/75/17's with a RH warranty for $1122.45

Or

I can get 5 Mastercraft Courser MXT's 295/70/17's with a RH warranty for $1031.90

Or

I can get 5 Mastercraft Courser MXT's 315/70/17's with RH warranty for $1176.00

Why in the fuck would I buy 5 retreads! You would really have to be stupid to do that!

Why? Because you could have sweet treadwrights that wear like this!

catahoula
05-06-2017, 03:55 PM
Why? Because you could have sweet treadwrights that wear like this!

Now dat's a sweet look! You can be the envy of all!

Mike_JK_Houston_711
05-06-2017, 03:56 PM
Now dat's a sweet look! You can be the envy of all!

It's incredible. There's HUNDREDS of these pics all over the place. These tires must be awesome...

catahoula
05-06-2017, 03:57 PM
It's incredible. There's HUNDREDS of these pics all over the place. These tires must be awesome...

I need to rethink my future purchase!

Mike_JK_Houston_711
05-06-2017, 03:58 PM
I need to rethink my future purchase!

I'm thinking about retreading my Nittos just so I can part of the cool kids group.

notnalc68
05-06-2017, 04:09 PM
Here's a much easier read:

http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/nr/rdonlyres/66366b14-f8b2-43a2-8495-16ce599469fa/0/retreadtiresynthesis9309.pdf

No one cares

Sharkey
05-06-2017, 04:16 PM
Since retreads are so safe, they use them in Nascar, Ultra 4, and Baja racing...correct?

swinler
05-06-2017, 04:17 PM
Here's a nice summary of the retread / remold manufacturing process (see p.18). Treadwright uses the mold-cure process. Today's more successful retreading practices chemically bond the new rubber to the recycled casing rubber. This process is analogous to welding. The older, inferior "recapping" processes used an adhesive, so the new rubber and casing were bonded to the adhesive, but not necessarily directly to each other. The older process would be analogous to soldering or brazing.

http://web.mit.edu/ebm/www/Publications/MITEI-1-h-2010.pdf

tippedover
05-06-2017, 04:31 PM
Funny reading this, my brother is not the smartest dude, but he actually got two of these tires for his explorer and within 5k of only road miles both had issues one the side wall blew out and on the other one the tread fell off like that pic posted above. This guy [emoji23][emoji24]

Scrambler
05-06-2017, 04:37 PM
Here's a nice summary of the retread / remold manufacturing process (see p.18). Treadwright uses the mold-cure process. Today's more successful retreading practices chemically bond the new rubber to the recycled casing rubber. This process is analogous to welding. The older, inferior "recapping" processes used an adhesive, so the new rubber and casing were bonded to the adhesive, but not necessarily directly to each other. The older process would be analogous to soldering or brazing.

If this process is so revolutionary, then why did one tire blow on me and THEN (and most importantly) the warranty tire I got as a replacement not have the tread "welded" in the middle? I could grab a center lug and literally lift the tread off of the old tire. I feel like you have some sort of affiliation with Treadwright as much skin as you are putting in this game. If that is the case, I would love for you to reimburse me for some of my costs associated with the first blowout. Let's take a little trip down memory lane.....

I was on my way to Windrock for a ride and bam! 80 MPH tire blows. I pulled the vehicle safely over to the side of the road and while waiting on roadside assistance to give me a tow...wait for it....BAM! Stung in the neck by a wasp. Turns out I am highly allergic to wasps and had to spend 2 nights in a hospital. All because this stupid tire blew out. Please excuse me if I am a little hard on your wonderful Treadwright tires. The icing on the cake was the warranty tire I received.

catahoula
05-06-2017, 04:39 PM
So since we are speaking of retreads....rubber that is I got a serous question. Would you prefer new or "retreaded" condoms?

SilverBack775
05-06-2017, 04:45 PM
Thank you all for your input. I appreciate it. I've know about retreads for a long time now, and the only reason I asked about them, was because their adds keep showing up on Facebook and other places. And I'm thinking, what is the deal with these? No one in their right mind would ever run these tires? At least that's what I think. And after doing some research on tire prices, I have found many brand new tires for around $200. Of course these new ones that are around 200 arnt the best off-road tire or mud tire. But their brand new! For me, I would take a brand new set of some off name brand over any retread any day! It's like that warm and fuzzy feeling inside! For me, if I had retreads and driving down the highway, I would never feel safe what so ever. And since the price of a retread is silly anyway I'll stay away. No matter what evidence you post!

Trail JK
05-06-2017, 04:49 PM

I don't think the numerous failure examples in this thread are helping your cause. Do yourself a favor and move along.

SilverBack775
05-06-2017, 04:50 PM
Here's an example of a cheaper off brand tire. I don't know anything about these tires, I have no idea if they are any good or not. But they are brand new for $210. I would take these any day over any retread!

catahoula
05-06-2017, 05:07 PM
Here's an example of a cheaper off brand tire. I don't know anything about these tires, I have no idea if they are any good or not. But they are brand new for $210. I would take these any day over any retread!

Not bad. One thing I have noticed with mud tires. If they are not snipped they tend to wear worse. I got some used ones from WJCO...they were 255/75/17 BFG M/t's. They do not come that way and I set my counter on them when I put them on. Noticed right at about 9,000 they started to show some uneven wear and I will rotate them now. You usually have to rotate these anywhere from 3,000 to 5,000. I am stuck on snipped mud tires and will look for those from now on. Just my honest observed opinion.

SilverBack775
05-06-2017, 05:08 PM
Not bad. One thing I have noticed with mud tires. If they are not snipped they tend to wear worse. I got some used ones from WJCO...they were 255/75/17 BFG M/t's. They do not come that way and I set my counter on them when I put them on. Noticed right at about 9,000 they started to show some uneven wear and I will rotate them now. You usually have to rotate these anywhere from 3,000 to 5,000. I am stuck on snipped mud tires and will look for those from now on. Just my honest observed opinion.

I agree with you a 100%

SilverBack775
05-06-2017, 05:15 PM
There are many tires here on Amazon for around 200.

swinler
05-06-2017, 05:29 PM
There are many tires here on Amazon for around 200.

...including the Treadwright Claw II with 4.5 stars over 16 reviews!!

Scrambler
05-06-2017, 05:31 PM

Care to reply to my previous post? I quoted you.

Brute
05-06-2017, 05:33 PM
I noticed that my slippers are getting a bit thin and I should replace them...anyone know where I can have them retreaded?...I'd like to save .29...

SilverBack775
05-06-2017, 05:33 PM

I see that, and that was my point with the price. Why buy a treadright or retread when you can buy a brand new tire for around the same price?

SilverBack775
05-06-2017, 05:44 PM
Here's a question, would you feel safe running treadright on a 3/4 or 1 ton diesel pulling a 5th feel?

swinler
05-06-2017, 05:48 PM
I see that, and that was my point with the price. Why buy a treadright or retread when you can buy a brand new tire for around the same price?

I don't know. If Treadwright is pricing their tires fairly (I.e., they're not making some enormous profit margin), then I'd guess the other brands might be skimping somewhere.

swinler
05-06-2017, 05:51 PM
Care to reply to my previous post? I quoted you.

Sorry, which post?

SilverBack775
05-06-2017, 05:51 PM
I don't know. If Treadwright is pricing their tires fairly (I.e., they're not making some enormous profit margin), then I'd guess the other brands might be skimping somewhere.

Yeah that's possible as well. I'm sure these cheaper tires are probably not the best either. May wear faster or what not. But I know that I would feel better driving something new down the road. And not have to worry about a blow out. And you say way back that you can get 5 for a 1000 bucks. If you've saved that long for that much. Why not save more and wait longer to get better ones? At least this is my thinking.

Scrambler
05-06-2017, 05:53 PM
Sorry, which post?

Quote Originally Posted by swinler View Post

http://web.mit.edu/ebm/www/Publicati...I-1-h-2010.pdf

If this process is so revolutionary, then why did one tire blow on me and THEN (and most importantly) the warranty tire I got as a replacement not have the tread "welded" in the middle? I could grab a center lug and literally lift the tread off of the old tire. I feel like you have some sort of affiliation with Treadwright as much skin as you are putting in this game. If that is the case, I would love for you to reimburse me for some of my costs associated with the first blowout. Let's take a little trip down memory lane.....

I was on my way to Windrock for a ride and bam! 80 MPH tire blows. I pulled the vehicle safely over to the side of the road and while waiting on roadside assistance to give me a tow...wait for it....BAM! Stung in the neck by a wasp. Turns out I am highly allergic to wasps and had to spend 2 nights in a hospital. All because this stupid tire blew out. Please excuse me if I am a little hard on your wonderful Treadwright tires. The icing on the cake was the warranty tire I received

Ddays
05-06-2017, 05:55 PM
This retread thread is retarded. Reminds me of when my kids keep on arguing a point long after everyone else has moved on. Why don't you too? :idontknow:

swinler
05-06-2017, 06:01 PM
Here's a question, would you feel safe running treadright on a 3/4 or 1 ton diesel pulling a 5th feel?

If they offer a tire originally designed for that application, sure I'd consider them. I'd also search for any known problems with that particular tire. Could be that certain sizes or types may be more problematic than others. All I've tried to say here is that there is no significant compromise in safety between remolds and brand new, according to some very good studies.

notnalc68
05-06-2017, 06:03 PM
Are you sure you don't work for Treadwright, or sell them? You are really pimping them hard.

longarmwj
05-06-2017, 06:05 PM
If they offer a tire originally designed for that application, sure I'd consider them. I'd also search for any known problems with that particular tire. Could be that certain sizes or types may be more problematic than others. All I've tried to say here is that there is no significant compromise in safety between remolds and brand new, according to some very good studies.

Why are you so dead set on trying to prove these "amazing" retread tires to us? 95% of the members here only use top shelf quality parts when building their Jeep, so why would you try to prove time and time again that your bottom shelf poor people tires are superior :thinking:

swinler
05-06-2017, 06:06 PM
Here's another article from a guy who spent more years working on and using retreads than most of us have been alive:

http://www.moderntiredealer.com/article/312100/will-passenger-tire-retreading-make-a-comeback-in-the-u-s

SilverBack775
05-06-2017, 06:07 PM

Ok I get what your saying, and you could be right. However for me, it's still a piece of mind. And when I have my kids and my dogs in my jeep going down the road, I need safety. Anything can happen to any tire, but the probability is a lot less with new then retread. If you want to run them, go for it!

madstiles
05-06-2017, 06:09 PM
I think it's called siping but i understand what you are saying. Good info!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

swinler
05-06-2017, 06:13 PM
Why are you so dead set on trying to prove these "amazing" retread tires to us? 95% of the members here only use top shelf quality parts when building their Jeep, so why would you try to prove time and time again that your bottom shelf poor people tires are superior :thinking:

Just trying to show an alternative to a misconception. I like "top-shelf" quality components too, but I also understand that they don't always require top dollar. $100 for a set of "top shelf" SS brake lines? What's that all about? My local parts store can make a set for maybe $20 with a no-bs guarantee.

There's a guy in my club that will make any bumper or rock rail using merely a photo of what you want for a fraction of the "top shelf" price and as strong as you want it. Steel, aluminum, no problem.

swinler
05-06-2017, 06:18 PM
Ok I get what your saying, and you could be right. However for me, it's still a piece of mind. And when I have my kids and my dogs in my jeep going down the road, I need safety. Anything can happen to any tire, but the probability is a lot less with new then retread. If you want to run them, go for it!

I get that too - peace-of-mind makes all the difference. Just don't skimp on the tire maintenance because that along with road hazards are what really kill tires more than anything else. :beer:

ob_tj
05-06-2017, 06:23 PM
I know I'm a little late on this thread but really?? Retread tires... sounds highly questionable to me.

swinler
05-06-2017, 06:28 PM
I know I'm a little late on this thread but really?? Retread tires... sounds highly questionable to me.

Well there's a lot of good information as well as misconception building up here.

Zstairlessone
05-06-2017, 06:30 PM

I am wondering the same thing. It seems that you have never tried REAL tires, being so caught up in your 'adult' and 'mature' decision making process, (the one that led you to Treadwright so you could afford 35's) where $$ vs safety or quality falls on the side of cheap-ass shit every time.

Seems, with your lack (read none most likely) of information regarding quality off-road tires you are so quick to scream your opinion with no allowance for the input of others in an area where you, no doubt, have little to no useful knowledge.

jesse3638
05-06-2017, 06:37 PM
Just trying to show an alternative to a misconception. I like "top-shelf" quality components too, but I also understand that they don't always require top dollar. $100 for a set of "top shelf" SS brake lines? What's that all about? My local parts store can make a set for maybe $20 with a no-bs guarantee.

There's a guy in my club that will make any bumper or rock rail using merely a photo of what you want for a fraction of the "top shelf" price and as strong as you want it. Steel, aluminum, no problem.
And there it is. No ethics. Let's copy some one else to save a buck. You said you like objective info. I prefer subjective so I may voice my opinion. You are an idiot however the more you post the more objective my opinion becomes. See You Next Tuesday!

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

AZ Explorer
05-06-2017, 06:41 PM
I get that too - peace-of-mind makes all the difference. Just don't skimp on the tire maintenance because that along with road hazards are what really kill tires more than anything else. :beer:

WOW, still here. Hey, since you are so fond of links here's one you've never seen before, https://wayalife.com/forumdisplay.php?11-Give-us-a-Wave
It's awesome, its where people new to the site or who haven't participated can tell us about themselves and post a pic of their Jeep etc. You know, people who understand how to become part of the community.
Since you're SO incredibly clueless on how it works here and, after multiple insults to really longtime members and the freaking founder for God's sake, I have to conclude you are a true momma's boy who who has actually been taught that if he screams loud and long enough, he will get what he wants. I'll throw you a bone and give you a participation trophy so you can finally feel like a winner in this thread.

I don't think it'll bother anyone if you use it to go fuck yourself. In fact, I'm pretty sure that'll earn you the least negative judgement to date.

swinler
05-06-2017, 06:44 PM

I was on my way to Windrock for a ride and bam! 80 MPH tire blows. I pulled the vehicle safely over to the side of the road and while waiting on roadside assistance to give me a tow...wait for it....BAM! Stung in the neck by a wasp. Turns out I am highly allergic to wasps and had to spend 2 nights in a hospital. All because this stupid tire blew out. Please excuse me if I am a little hard on your wonderful Treadwright tires. The icing on the cake was the warranty tire I received.

Clearly, bad luck seeks you out. That wasp didn't by any chance leave a welt curiously resembling the Treadwright logo, did it? Lol anyway yeah it'd be hard to keep sticking with them with multiple failures like that. I don't have any ties to Treadwright other than the tires on my Jeep right now. Hmmm 80 mph? You do that all the time? Seems to be asking a lot from any mud tire. I'll go 70, and very rarely hit 75.

Whereabouts are you? Is Windrock close by?

swinler
05-06-2017, 06:47 PM
WOW, still here. Hey, since you are so fond of links here's one you've never seen before, https://wayalife.com/forumdisplay.php?11-Give-us-a-Wave
It's awesome, its where people new to the site or who haven't participated can tell us about themselves and post a pic of their Jeep etc. You know, people who understand how to become part of the community.
Since you're SO incredibly clueless on how it works here and, after multiple insults to really longtime members and the freaking founder for God's sake, I have to conclude you are a true momma's boy who who has actually been taught that if he screams loud and long enough, he will get what he wants. I'll throw you a bone and give you a participation trophy so you can finally feel like a winner in this thread.

I don't think it'll bother anyone if you use it to go fuck yourself. In fact, I'm pretty sure that'll earn you the least negative judgement to date.

Thanks! But it looks a little short. Modeled after your own perhaps?

AZ Explorer
05-06-2017, 06:54 PM

Feel free to have treadwright cap it with a larger one. That way when it breaks off in your throat, you can choke on it and finally shut the hell up.

A.J.
05-06-2017, 06:57 PM
Wow this thread went a long way in a day. FWIW mold curing has been around for a long time. The problem is the casings are not all exactly the same so it gets distorted in the mold. This is why most over the road truck tires are precure type retreads. Retread tires do hold up well and can actually last longer in some applications on semi truck sizes where the casings are very stiff and do not deflect as much. For passenger cars trucks and suv's the casings are weaker and softer for a comfortable ride and are not good candidates for retreading. When you add to that the cost of a new tire is very close to retreading them and no casing value to factor in( like commercial trucks) it makes no sense. This is why most retreaders stopped doing passenger size retreading several years ago.

OP take note. I did not bash you or call you names. I do not however agree with your opinion.

swinler
05-06-2017, 07:01 PM
Feel free to have treadwright cap it with a larger one. That way when it breaks off in your throat, you can choke on it and finally shut the hell up.

It's also missing a set of balls (unless the bow is hiding them - guess only you would know). That's OK; my pair has allowed me to use a set of tires that you wouldn't touch with a 2.5" pole :cheesy:

AZ Explorer
05-06-2017, 07:03 PM
Wow this thread went a long way in a day. FWIW mold curing has been around for a long time. The problem is the casings are not all exactly the same so it gets distorted in the mold. This is why most over the road truck tires are precure type retreads. Retread tires do hold up well and can actually last longer in some applications on semi truck sizes where the casings are very stiff and do not deflect as much. For passenger cars trucks and suv's the casings are weaker and softer for a comfortable ride and are not good candidates for retreading. When you add to that the cost of a new tire is very close to retreading them and no casing value to factor in( like commercial trucks) it makes no sense. This is why most retreaders stopped doing passenger size retreading several years ago.

OP take note. I did not bash you or call you names. I do not however agree with your opinion.

Funny thing is he's not the OP, just a dude convinced that given enough time and effort, he can open our minds to the wonderful world of treadwright. Doesn't have anything else to contribute to the site so far.

AZ Explorer
05-06-2017, 07:07 PM
It's also missing a set of balls (unless the bow is hiding them - guess only you would know). That's OK; my pair has allowed me to use a set of tires that you wouldn't touch with a 2.5" pole :cheesy:

I could do this all day. However, I think I'm going to go wheel on some sweet Arizona rocks with confidence on my Nittos being that it's the week end and all. See you on the trail, or in your case, the side of it.

A.J.
Funny thing is he's not the OP, just a dude convinced that given enough time and effort, he can open our minds to the wonderful world of treadwright. Doesn't have anything else to contribute to the site so far.

Oops I lost track of the OP when the thread got moved. My bad!

f14framer
All Treadwright tires... That better? Many, many more where these came from.

Well I'm sold. I know what tires I'm getting when the time comes to put new shoes on Lucky#13! Some quality Treadwright tires!(sarcasm intended)

swinler
05-06-2017, 07:09 PM
...you are so quick to scream your opinion with no allowance for the input of others...

Not sure where you're getting that from.

swinler
05-06-2017, 07:11 PM
Well I'm sold. I know what tires I'm getting when the time comes to put new shoes on Lucky#13! Some quality Treadwright tires!(sarcasm intended)

Don't do it; the Luddites will shun you like a Leper!

swinler
05-06-2017, 07:13 PM
I could do this all day. However, I think I'm going to go wheel on some sweet Arizona rocks with confidence on my Nittos being that it's the week end and all. See you on the trail, or in your case, the side of it.

Make sure you check those tire pressures, Maggie. Have fun.

f14framer
05-06-2017, 07:33 PM
Don't do it; the Luddites will shun you like a Leper!

Umm definitely not doing it..... sarcasm was saying the Treadwright tires are a quality tire. Glad we cleared that up before anyone else misinterpreted my reply in regards to those garbage tires!

swinler
05-06-2017, 07:34 PM
Are you sure you don't work for Treadwright, or sell them? You are really pimping them hard.

You're on to me, a real life tire pimp. May as well post a pic of my ride:

notnalc68
05-06-2017, 08:01 PM
Well there's a lot of good information as well as misconception building up here.

Let me guess. You provided all the good information, and everyone else is wrong.

OverlanderJK
05-06-2017, 08:14 PM
You're on to me, a real life tire pimp. May as well post a pic of my ride:

Jesus fucking Christ you're still here? Nobody gives a fuck about you, your retreads, your friends or anything you have to say. You have provided zero actual evidence to dispute the fact that these tires are garbage and have since made everyone reading this thread dumber. Fuck off already.

DannyD
05-06-2017, 08:15 PM
I looked at treadwright for all of 20 seconds, that's was how long it took to see a picture like the ones above... When I go somewhere I prefer my tires to come with me

SilverBack775
05-06-2017, 08:23 PM

Trail JK
05-06-2017, 08:23 PM

So what you're saying is your friend will copy anyone's design with just a picture?

Yeah... we have a hard time getting behind people who lack ethics by stealing other people's design to make a buck. We also have a hard time getting behind somebody who would purchase such a product to save a buck.

The big misconception here is that you somehow feel that your 2 cents is the end-all-be-all.

We should gather that you're a Bigger dick then? ✔️

Please tell us more about your balls.

Or take the highroad you self-righteous fucktard and go fuck yourself.

swinler
05-06-2017, 10:01 PM
My my, Eddie. What a filthy house you have here. Your momma must be proud...

WJCO
05-06-2017, 10:08 PM
My my, Eddie. What a filthy house you have here. Your momma must be proud...

Get the fuck out of here already! You don't want to be here and we don't want you here. You must be lonely or something.

Scrambler
05-06-2017, 10:22 PM
Clearly, bad luck seeks you out. That wasp didn't by any chance leave a welt curiously resembling the Treadwright logo, did it? Lol anyway yeah it'd be hard to keep sticking with them with multiple failures like that. I don't have any ties to Treadwright other than the tires on my Jeep right now. Hmmm 80 mph? You do that all the time? Seems to be asking a lot from any mud tire. I'll go 70, and very rarely hit 75.

Whereabouts are you? Is Windrock close by?

Are you kidding me? Bad luck? You are delusional.

swinler
05-06-2017, 11:20 PM
You know, you all don't have to be sore all the time just to prove how tough you are. Give it a rest already. Besides, an inability to control one's emotional outbursts is more of a sign of weakness, or insecurity.

swinler
05-06-2017, 11:23 PM
Are you kidding me? Bad luck? You are delusional.

Yes, yes I was kidding. I figured the bit about the Treadwright-shaped wasp sting would have helped give the "I'm kidding" assist.

wayoflife
05-06-2017, 11:23 PM
My my, Eddie. What a filthy house you have here.

Don't like what you see, don't have to be here.

Your momma must be proud...

My momma is dead. She died after losing her battle with cancer. But, I'd like to think she was proud of me.

wayoflife
05-06-2017, 11:25 PM
You know, you all don't have to be sore all the time just to prove how tough you are. Give it a rest already.

You know, you don't have to keep posting here just to prove how tough you are. Give it a rest already and do everyone a favor by spending more of your time on Pirate or whatever forum you came from. :yup:

Besides, an inability to control one's emotional outbursts is more of a sign of weakness, or insecurity.

Besides, an inability to stay away from places you don't even like is more a sign of weakness or insecurity.

swinler
05-06-2017, 11:39 PM
Don't like what you see, don't have to be here.

My momma is dead. She died after losing her battle with cancer. But, I'd like to think she was proud of me.

Sorry to hear that. Mine is dead too; died last year after a long fight against leukemia. See, we're getting to know each other after all.

swinler
05-06-2017, 11:41 PM
I think you have a very interesting business model here that works maybe because of your perverse style. The Jeep guy that drives other jeepers crazy and most everyone else loves to hate. The "bad boy" of the broader Jeep community. I like it, even as you reply that you don't give a f*** what I think ;)

BaddestCross
05-07-2017, 12:06 AM
Wow. 14 pages of this bullshit. Must be going for a record.

wayoflife
05-07-2017, 12:06 AM
Sorry to hear that. Mine is dead too; died last year after a long fight against leukemia. See, we're getting to know each other after all.

eh, Keep your condolences. I don't know you from Adam and I don't ever recall saying that I wanting to get to know you. As far as your mom goes, it's good to know she doesn't have to suffer the embarrassment of seeing her son spending all his time on a website he doesn't even like.

I think you have a very interesting business model here that works maybe because of your perverse style. The Jeep guy that drives other jeepers crazy and most everyone else loves to hate. The "bad boy" of the broader Jeep community. I like it, even as you reply that you don't give a f*** what I think

Cool. So, now that we've established that and everyone here knows how much you love Tread Right tires, how about you move on to your other Jeep forums that have "much less drama" and folks who like to hear "differing opinions".

swinler
05-07-2017, 12:14 AM
eh, Keep your condolences. I don't know you from Adam and I don't ever recall saying that I wanting to get to know you. As far as your mom goes, it's good to know she doesn't have to suffer the embarrassment of seeing her son spending all his time on a website he doesn't even like.

Cool. So, now that we've established that and everyone here knows how much you love Tread Right tires, how about you move on to your other Jeep forums that have "much less drama" and folks who like to hear "differing opinions".

Nah, I've changed my mind, Eddie. I like it here. Where else does the head of the forum himself give me a picture of the "world's greatest" critteris as an avatar? Gives me a semi every time I see it and I wouldn't want to deprive you and your minions of the sight either. Besides, this pointless banter has probably generated quite the spike in your forum traffic, hasn't it?

WJCO
05-07-2017, 12:17 AM
Get bent. :yup:

swinler
05-07-2017, 12:19 AM
...like Jerry Springer...

notnalc68
05-07-2017, 12:20 AM
Nah, I've changed my mind, Eddie. I like it here. Where else does the head of the forum himself give me a picture of the "world's greatest" critteris as an avatar? Gives me a semi every time I see it and I wouldn't want to deprive you and your minions of the sight either. Besides, this pointless banter has probably generated quite the spike in your forum traffic, hasn't it?

He didn't give you an avatar

swinler
05-07-2017, 12:21 AM
Get bent. :yup:

What is that, your mating call or something? You say that a lot on the forum; looking for love?

TrainWreck618
05-07-2017, 12:23 AM
What is that, your mating call or something? You say that a lot on the forum; looking for love?

Dude.. your pathetic.

Just get lost already

swinler
05-07-2017, 12:32 AM
Dude.. your pathetic.

Just get lost already

I think Eddie is either clever and strategic with his edginess; or I'm giving him too much credit and it's dumb luck that his bad behavior is paying off. You minions, on the other hand, are just tools along for the ride, helping Eddie maintain the IPA-like bitter flavor of his micro-empire; cyber bullies not used to one of your targets pushing back.

...with notable exception to those who haven't expressed any of what I just described, you know who you are...

WJCO
05-07-2017, 12:44 AM
I think Eddie is either clever and strategic with his edginess; or I'm giving him too much credit and it's dumb luck that his bad behavior is paying off. You minions, on the other hand, are just tools along for the ride, helping Eddie maintain the IPA-like bitter flavor of his micro-empire; cyber bullies not used to one of your targets pushing back.

...with notable exception to those who haven't expressed any of what I just described, you know who you are...

Pound sand already. No one wants your reman tires.

TrainWreck618
05-07-2017, 12:47 AM

I'm going to go to my safe space now..

wayoflife
05-07-2017, 12:47 AM
Where else does the head of the forum himself give me a picture of the "world's greatest" critteris as an avatar? Gives me a semi every time I see it and I wouldn't want to deprive you and your minions of the sight either.

Sorry to disappoint you but I'm not the one giving you the avatars.

Besides, this pointless banter has probably generated quite the spike in your forum traffic, hasn't it?

As much as I'm sure you'd like to think so, I purposefully remove all advertising from the INFIRMARY and do not track traffic in this sub-forum. But, you can believe whatever it is you want to believe.

Nah, I've changed my mind, Eddie. I like it here.

:cheesy: And here you were proclaiming that I didn't "delete members to keeping the member count artificially high to look good for the advertisers." Looks like I just "proved you wrong."

With that said, I'm outta here. Gotta get back to working on my Jeeps - have fun :standing wave:

highoctane
05-07-2017, 01:52 AM
JKO called. They're waiting for you to run over there and post the cliche Eddie hurt my feelings and Overlander kicked my dog comments.

rgk401
05-07-2017, 01:56 AM
Retread tires should only be used for parking lot burn out. 😁

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

swinler
05-07-2017, 02:09 AM
Sorry to disappoint you but I'm not the one giving you the avatars.

As much as I'm sure you'd like to think so, I purposefully remove all advertising from the INFIRMARY and do not track traffic in this sub-forum. But, you can believe whatever it is you want to believe.

:cheesy: And here you were proclaiming that I didn't "delete members to keeping the member count artificially high to look good for the advertisers." Looks like I just "proved you wrong."

With that said, I'm outta here. Gotta get back to working on my Jeeps - have fun :standing wave:

You didn't prove anything there, fast Eddie. I'm sure your sponsors look at the total number of so called "members." Probably doesn't matter whether you allow ads in your little dungeon or whatever you call the basement in your little electronic Castle Grayskull.

notnalc68
05-07-2017, 02:19 AM
You didn't prove anything there, fast Eddie. I'm sure your sponsors look at the total number of so called "members." Probably doesn't matter whether you allow ads in your little dungeon or whatever you call the basement in your little electronic Castle Grayskull.

The one thing you have proven, is that you are a childish, argumentative ass, with apparently nothing better to do than troll a forum.

Ddays
05-07-2017, 02:25 AM
:cheesy: Jeeezus H man. You're STILL pecking away on your keyboard on your dumbass thread?

swinler
05-07-2017, 02:41 AM
Dude.. your pathetic.

Just get lost already

Ahh, I guess WJCO must have found the love he was looking for. Congratulations you two.;)

Journeyman
05-07-2017, 03:09 AM
Ahh, I guess WJCO must have found the love he was looking for. Congratulations you two.;)

So what's the bet between you and your homies set at? Cause obviously your trolling. Fuck man you've had one hell of a productive day, typing away into the keyboard about something that nobody gives a shit about. Meanwhile your getting older/fatter, your dicks getting softer and your wife/girlfriend/boyfriend/goat whatever is out fucking the neighborhood and at least have a positive impact on society, while you pound away there Mr. Keyboard warrior. But hey it's your life and your determined to defend fucking retreads and trolling the internet. Bravo there dip shit you are a #winning at life...

swinler
05-07-2017, 03:17 AM
The one thing you have proven, is that you are a childish, argumentative ass, with apparently nothing better to do than troll a forum.

I'm just counter-trolling the trolls, ya troll!:drum:

swinler
05-07-2017, 03:18 AM
So what's the bet between you and your homies set at? Cause obviously your trolling. Fuck man you've had one hell of a productive day, typing away into the keyboard about something that nobody gives a shit about. Meanwhile your getting older/fatter, your dicks getting softer and your wife/girlfriend/boyfriend/goat whatever is out fucking the neighborhood and at least have a positive impact on society, while you pound away there Mr. Keyboard warrior. But hey it's your life and your determined to defend fucking retreads and trolling the internet. Bravo there dip shit you are a #winning at life...

Apparently I'm counter-trolling you too, Journeous Trolleus.

Journeyman
05-07-2017, 03:46 AM
Apparently I'm counter-trolling you too, Journeous Trolleus.

Nope, sorry about your luck I have no need to play in your childish games...or respond in any way [emoji848]

swinler
05-07-2017, 04:07 AM
Nope, sorry about your luck I have no need to play in your childish games...or respond in any way [emoji848]

Uhh, short attention span there, JT? Try post #151 from YOU. Your very first post to me, and you're trolling right from the blocks. I don't counter-troll no one that don't need no counter-trollin'... Guaranteed every negative step down this silly little thread started with one of Eddie McStiff's minions, or Eddie himself. I'd say prove me wrong but I wouldn't wish a re-read of this thread on anyone.

OverlanderJK
05-07-2017, 04:13 AM
Uhh, short attention span there, JT? Try post #151 from YOU. Your very first post to me, and you're trolling right from the blocks. I don't counter-troll no one that don't need no counter-trollin'... Guaranteed every negative step down this silly little thread started with one of Eddie McStiff's minions, or Eddie himself. I'd say prove me wrong but I wouldn't wish a re-read of this thread on anyone.

You are one of the worst trolls we've had. Too bad your mother was a whore who didn't make them pull out and swallow.

KingCopperhead
05-07-2017, 04:32 AM
So you can post your opinion about a garbage tire but he can't? Why's that?

This is literally a garbage tire. People throw their tires away and this company buys them and puts new tread on the outside. You don't reuse other people's toilet paper after they take a shit do you?

The toilet paper analogy is the best thing I've seen all day lmao.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

swinler
05-07-2017, 04:32 AM

Now that is an interesting point. Molds not fitting quite as well against different casings. Looks like with some of their newest molds, they've gone from a one-piece radial section design to a two-piece design as of ~2013, maybe earlier. Wonder if that was to improve bonding coverage...

Older design:

Newer tread pattern / mold:

swinler
05-07-2017, 04:35 AM
You are one of the worst trolls we've had. Too bad your mother was a whore who didn't make them pull out and swallow.

I know, right? So bad, even you can't resist. The famous OverlanderJK - can I get your virtual autograph??

BaddestCross
05-07-2017, 04:44 AM
I know, right? So bad, even you can't resist. The famous OverlanderJK - can I get your virtual autograph??
You basically just did. Twice.

swinler
05-07-2017, 04:48 AM

- Never mind; I found one online...

swinler
05-07-2017, 04:59 AM
The toilet paper analogy is the best thing I've seen all day lmao.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

Don't they all use that stuff in the land of Feinstein, Pelosi, Reid...??

jagrubb99
05-07-2017, 05:03 AM
Well, if I've learned anything from this thread its that:

1.) Don't air down your Treadwright tires (as such will void the warranty, this is what you're putting on your Jeep?).

2.) Going over 75 mph is bad for your Treadwright tires, or any M/T for that matter (wait, how fast does Mel Wade run EVO1 through the desert, or any other off road racing buggy/truck on their M/T tires?).

3.) These tires are crap, as shown by the MULTITUDE of pics in this thread displaying several different types of failures of the exact tires being discussed (sorry, didnt read your articles worshiping the art of recycled tires, as those pictures can not be disputed with anything those articles could have possibly said).

A.J.
05-07-2017, 05:05 AM
Now that is an interesting point. Molds not fitting quite as well against different casings. Looks like with some of their newest molds, they've gone from a one-piece radial section design to a two-piece design as of ~2013, maybe earlier. Wonder if that was to improve bonding coverage...

Older design:

Newer tread pattern / mold:

Well they are spending $ trying anyway. Those molds aren't cheap to build. This is not new stuff you do realize. Lt sizes will do ok, but once you start into the flotation sizes (larger than 31x10.50 let's say)the weight of the cap and difference in casing size will be trouble. Then all you need is a couple lazy casing inspections miss a bad patch or some rusted chords from an improperly repaired nail hole that let water into the casing and you have problems. Ok for farm use, but not for me on the freeway. 235/85-16 10 ply on the hay truck? Sure. Snow tires with walnut shells and pinned for studs? Yep. They work fine. 35" on a nice flexible casing aired down on bead locks all day on the rocks and then aired up to hit the freeway home? Nope. Not on my jeep.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

swinler
05-07-2017, 05:10 AM
Well they are spending $ trying anyway. Those molds aren't cheap to build. This is not new stuff you do realize. Lt sizes will do ok, but once you start into the flotation sizes (larger than 31x10.50 let's say)the weight of the cap and difference in casing size will be trouble. Then all you need is a couple lazy casing inspections miss a bad patch or some rusted chords from an improperly repaired nail hole that let water into the casing and you have problems. Ok for farm use, but not for me on the freeway. 235/85-16 10 ply on the hay truck? Sure. Snow tires with walnut shells and pinned for studs? Yep. They work fine. 35" on a nice flexible casing aired down on bead locks all day on the rocks and then aired up to hit the freeway home? Nope. Not on my jeep.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

Fair enough. Thanks for the good counter-argument. :thumb: