Guess your reputation around the web is accurate.

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Unless you have personal experience with these tires, or have some real data or "research" about these tires to contribute, why do you feel qualified to have a useful opinion on them? Looks to me like the OP was looking for relevant opinions based on actually having used the tires.

Since you've posted now, eight times in one thread, how do you feel qualified to tell anyone how this thread (which you didn't even start) should be run or what they can post in it? I don't need to be an expert in this specific tire to make a judgement call. I have enough life experience behind me to understand that buying good quality parts that are known to have a track record of success is the smarter course of action.

robx251

Caught the Bug
I would say it strictly depends upon what you plan on doing with the tires if you plan and running him on a purely off-road rig absolutely save the money and if you cut a side wall or something D caps whatever words are out in the woods yet it sucks but it's not an issue with safety if you're going to be going down the highway at 80 85 even though I understand semis do it all the time there's also lots of semi recap sitting on the side of the road it could potentially be a big safety hazard and I would recommend getting a soda brand new virgin tires I looked into the situation pretty heavily myself last year and Anna going and getting a set of new tires you can get some new tires granted they're not the best tires online through multiple dealerships for not much money more than you'd spend on a set of tried rights when you include shipping mounting and balancing

Sent from my LG-M210 using WAYALIFE mobile app

swinler

Since ...how do you feel qualified to tell anyone how this thread (which you didn't even start) should be run...

Uhhh, cuz the OP wrote, "Treadwright Tires! Anyone use these tires? What's your thoughts?" Reads like he was most interested in direct experience or real research. Just trying to stay on topic there tough guy.

Clearly there a lot of strong opinions about tires. Just trying to present something that clearly differs from the herd mentality around here, without all the needless fear-mongering and immature commentary. Treadwright tires are worth a look. Like 'em, gonna get a set? Good for you? Don't like 'em, gonna buy a brand new set of tires? Good for you!

J

JKDream

Uhhh, cuz the OP wrote, "Treadwright Tires! Anyone use these tires? What's your thoughts?" Reads like he was most interested in direct experience or real research. Just trying to stay on topic there tough guy.

Clearly there a lot of strong opinions about tires. Just trying to present something that clearly differs from the herd mentality around here, without all the needless fear-mongering and immature commentary. Treadwright tires are worth a look. Like 'em, gonna get a set? Good for you? Don't like 'em, gonna buy a brand new set of tires? Good for you!

Which was provided in the thread. A forum is for discussion - people are going to disagree with you.
There has been quite a few blowouts on their tires which is enough for most people not to buy them.
Its expensive to be cheap. And these aren't even that cheap anyway.
Your on a Jeep forum praising a tire that literally says airing down will void a warranty.
What did you expect?

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
swinler;892151 Just trying to present something that clearly differs from the herd mentality around here said:
There it is, the usual troll commentary, followed by die hard product plug. I never said anywhere that anything I believe is more than an opinion based on experience. Accept that you are in the minority here, and all the other forums you follow apparently by your own admission. You would be hard-pressed to find anybody here pushing a retread on an inexperienced Jeeper because the people who are experienced wouldn't buy those things in the first place. It's really just that simple. By the way, welcome to WAL. Not a single wave from you since you joined years ago, nor have you welcomed anyone else. No praise for anyone's build, in that section either. You haven't had a single interaction with anyone other than in this thread and you wonder why your opinion is not being welcomed with open arms, aside from it just being bad advice. If you had actually read this forum on regular basis you would've seen this coming, nobody here appreciates a newbie with a know it all attitude. And when you continue to argue when the general consensus is that you're wrong, you're going to get more and more pushback. If that concept is too complicated, and you are a troll, then you should stick to simpler things like trying to get your sister's tooth out of your foreskin, or balancing your laptop on the back of whatever barnyard animal you're standing behind. If thats a tough guy comment, I may have had too much kool-aid.:yup:

JMac79

While I don't have experience with Treadwright tires I do have a ton of experience with retreads. A few years ago I worked with a vehicle maintenance shop as their machinist/welder. The government was looking to save money so we started to buy retreaded tires because of cost. These went on dump trucks, water trucks and regular pick up trucks. We were a small construction unit so most of the vehicles never saw speeds over 45 mph. The results were hit or miss. Some tires lasted, some treads just fell off from the beginning or went some time from falling off. These were from various manufacturers. The tread on these retreads wore about the same as regular tires. I personally wouldn't run retreads but I know everyone is on a certain budget. While safety is my main concern for my family what is lost is the safety for others as well when your cruising 70 mph on the freeway.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
:cheesy: So, I got the following email from this guy....

-----Original Message-----
From: swinler - WAYALIFE Jeep Forum [mailto:gswinler@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, May 5, 2017 6:04 PM
To: webmaster
Subject: WAYALIFE Jeep Forum Contact Us Form - Delete my account please

The following message was sent to you via the WAYALIFE Jeep Forum Contact Us form by swinler ( mailto:gswinler@yahoo.com ).

--------------------------------

Please delete my account. Too many folks on your forum don't like to hear differing opinions. Much less drama on the other Jeep fora.

--------------------------------

Referring Page:
IP Address: 24.214.129.46
User Name: swinler
User ID: 12770
Email: gswinler@yahoo.com

I must say, it took me a while to figure out who he was or what this was all about being that all 9 of his posts were on this thread and this in spite of the fact that he's been a member since 2014 :naw:

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
While I don't have experience with Treadwright tires I do have a ton of experience with retreads. A few years ago I worked with a vehicle maintenance shop as their machinist/welder. The government was looking to save money so we started to buy retreaded tires because of cost. These went on dump trucks, water trucks and regular pick up trucks. We were a small construction unit so most of the vehicles never saw speeds over 45 mph. The results were hit or miss. Some tires lasted, some treads just fell off from the beginning or went some time from falling off. These were from various manufacturers. The tread on these retreads wore about the same as regular tires. I personally wouldn't run retreads but I know everyone is on a certain budget. While safety is my main concern for my family what is lost is the safety for others as well when your cruising 70 mph on the freeway.

Similar experience in the commercial trucking industry. It is illegal to run retreads on steers or at all on a bus. That tells me something about their record. People are going to do what they want but I can't in good conscience recommend to anyone, even on a budget to go cheap on certain things, and often it's not that big of a savings anyhow. Your statement is so true too about others. When I had my Dodge Challenger, a truck threw a tread on the hwy. and it took a chunk out of the facia and dented the fender. Had it happened a few second later it would have hit the open driver side window, who know what the result would have been?

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug

I must say, it took me a while to figure out who he was or what this was all about being that all 9 of his posts were on this thread and this in spite of the fact that he's been a member since 2014 :naw:

That's a bummer, that swindler guy from treadwright was just starting to sway me.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

Um, I guess Swine ler doesn't like differing opinions.

JMac79

Similar experience in the commercial trucking industry. It is illegal to run retreads on steers or at all on a bus. That tells me something about their record. People are going to do what they want but I can't in good conscience recommend to anyone, even on a budget to go cheap on certain things, and often it's not that big of a savings anyhow. Your statement is so true too about others. When I had my Dodge Challenger, a truck threw a tread on the hwy. and it took a chunk out of the facia and dented the fender. Had it happened a few second later it would have hit the open driver side window, who know what the result would have been?

Yeah that sucks but glad the damage was only cosmetic. People fail to realize that at times with either a chunk flying at someone else's vehicle or having a blow out and losing control of vehicle. You're right regardless of budget people have a responsibility of others.

WJCO

Meme King

Sad to see him go. Maybe we should have just agreed with him. Shame on the members here for posting their first hand experience that the tires in question suck donkey balls.

*Sarcasm font*

In my opinion, no tire that has failed for the same customer not once, but twice, is "worth a look". And after seeing that picture...and with a 5 for $1K price tag, it paints a clear picture to me. Those tires are garbage...have I run them? No. But I've heard and seen what I need to know.

swinler

Wow, you too, Eddie. What a disappointment to the Jeep community. Guess your reputation around the web is accurate. I do recall a while back another member wanted to delete his account, but you refused. Something about keeping the member count artificially high to look good for the advertisers. Prove me wrong.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, you too, Eddie. What a disappointment to the Jeep community. Guess your reputation around the web is accurate. I do recall a while back another member wanted to delete his account, but you refused. Something about keeping the member count artificially high to look good for the advertisers. Prove me wrong.

Wow, how original. What a disappointment that you just couldn't get yourself to just log off and leave. Guess everyone here was right about you. I do recall that we have rules and in them, they clearly state we do not delete accounts. https://wayalife.com/faq.php?faq=wayaliferules#faq_removeme

Sadly, I thought you might be smart enough to have read them before contacting me with your drivel. Guess you proved me wrong.

WJCO

Meme King

Get bent already. You got pissy because the majority didn't agree with you. You seem like the kind of guy who tries to pass legislation for his own special bathroom.

swinler

Wow, how original. What a disappointment that you just couldn't get yourself to just log off and leave. Guess everyone here was right about you. I do recall that we have rules and in them, they clearly state we do not delete accounts. https://wayalife.com/faq.php?faq=wayaliferules#faq_removeme

Sadly, I thought you might be smart enough to have read them before contacting me with your drivel. Guess you proved me wrong.

How are you able to stay in your "business" if this is how you run it? I've heard for years now that many folks intentionally avoid businesses that openly support your endeavors. You're demonstrating why right now. Did you even bother to read the original thread?

Top Bottom