Bunce School Road T33 Crash Site

WJCO

Meme King
This is a really cool trail. I'd heard about it for years and always thought it was just right off one of the main roads. Turns out it's several miles back in the mountains down a very narrow and rocky trail. We decided to take a look at it today. We probably bit off more than we can chew as we thought it was pretty difficult, but we made it through with some very light carnage. My wife was a good spotter on the ledges. Even on a weekday, this trail was loaded with ATVs and side-by-sides. You can tell not only by how narrow some of the turns are, but also from the hundreds of scraped trees that this is more of a ATV trail than a Jeep trail. We had numerous people tell us that they were surprised to see us at the end. Here's a bunch of pictures showing some of the trail and the crash itself.

DSC05649.jpg

DSC05651.jpg

DSC05634.jpg

DSC05639.jpg

DSC05641.jpg

DSC05642.jpg

DSC05652.jpg

DSC05628.jpg

DSC05658.jpg

DSC05659.jpg

DSC05660.jpg

DSC05661.jpg

DSC05654.jpg

DSC05669.jpg

DSC05663.jpg

DSC05666.jpg

DSC05667.jpg

DSC05668.jpg

DSC05656.jpg

DSC05655.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That is so cool and even more so that so much of the wreckage is still there. I'm gonna have to put this on my list of things I need to see. Thanks for posting this up [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Thats some cool, if tragic, history right there, looks like a great trip

Sent from my SM-N910V using WAYALIFE mobile app

It is bittersweet. You get that feeling standing there reading the sign.

That is so cool and even more so that so much of the wreckage is still there. I'm gonna have to put this on my list of things I need to see. Thanks for posting this up [emoji1303]

Definitely. If you're up this way, I'll be glad to show you around where it's located.

Beautiful pics and really cool trail. Looks like the prorock is getting good use [emoji106].

It is. Axle kicked ass. Loving it.

Wow. I didn't think there'd be any wreckage there.

It's surprising, but at the same time, it would be difficult to have it removed based on where it's at.

Nice! Heard about it, never done it. Great pics.

Same here. Heard about it for over 10 years.

I'm planning to run this on the 3rd. Been wanting to run this fir a couple of years.

Sent from my SM-N920P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Good luck. Plan on narrow navigation, lots of rocks, and a GPS really helps, study the route ahead of time. Lots of little forks.

Great write up. That sounds like a great destination trail.

Thanks. It was cool to explore.

Paws

It's unbelievable that amount of wreckage is there and in good shape. Usually you get a bunch of bullet holes and defacing of the property.

Looks like a fun trail as well.

Thanks for sharing.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Great run and story, although tragic! I love trails with a unique destination like that, with something historic, or a spectacular view verse a loop back to a parking lot. I really need to get out of Michigan more!

Top Bottom