Adjustable Fox or King with Evo 3" Enforcer

feederic

First post here, but have been struggling with all of the information with trying to get a quality 3" lift and 35s for my 2016 JKUHR. I think I've settled on the Evo 3" Enforcer lift with drag link, nitto exo 35" tires, wheel spacers and front drive shaft.

I use my jeep as a DD and am looking for a real plush ride on all of the rough roads I drive on. I have been running some easier trails around the area and in Big Bear - so I'm looking for a kit to grow with. I'm stuck on shock selection - right now looking at adjustable teraflex tuned fox reservoir shocks for about $1300, but that is close to the price tag of evo spec'd king 2.5s. I've also got a lead on adjustable king 2.5s (non-evo spec) for a few hundred more. I would think that the fox shocks would be good enough for what I want to do, easy to moderate trails with adjustable settings for daily comfort. What do yall recommend??

Last edited:

seansheds

If you want to save yourself some money go with RS9000's. A couple of us are running them with the Enforcer and love them. I think they extended the $100 rebate until the end of July so ends up costing you around $300.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J

JKDream

First post here, but have been struggling with all of the information with trying to get a quality 3" lift and 35s for my 2016 JKUHR. I think I've settled on the Evo 3" Enforcer lift with drag link, nitto exo 35" tires, wheel spacers and front drive shaft.

I use my jeep as a DD and am looking for a real plush ride on all of the rough roads I drive on. I have been running some easier trails around the area and in Big Bear - so I'm looking for a kit to grow with. I'm stuck on shock selection - Northridge has some adjustable teraflex tuned fox reservoir shocks for about $1300, but that is close to the price tag of evo spec'd king 2.5s. I've also got a lead on adjustable king 2.5s (non-evo spec) for a few hundred more. I would think that the fox shocks would be good enough for what I want to do, easy to moderate trails with adjustable settings for daily comfort. What do yall recommend??

I'm using the Fox's with Synergys valving.
They're pretty nice, not too soft, not too firm.
Either or is really good, but if I did it a second time around I would go with Kings personally.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I don't know anything about fox, but the Kings are valve/tuned to the EVO coils. They just didn't guess the valves for the shocks a lot of testing went into it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Judesign

Caught the Bug
Adjustable Fox or King with Evo 3" Enforcer

I don't think you could go wrong with any of the choices you put out. That being said I have the kings and even though at first wasn't sure if the cost was worth it, I am now after a few months of wheeling and highway driving (Colorado and Moab) am extremely happy with the ride and think they're worth it.
Like piginajeep said they're a perfect compliment to the plush ride coils.

feederic

Sounds like kings may be the way to go. How about evo non adjustable kings vs non evo adjustable kings? The adjustability seems like it would be worth it, but they aren't specd to the plush coils.

Judesign

Caught the Bug
I personally don't have any experience with the non adjustable. The only time I've adjusted mine was when loaded down on the highway vs empty and wheeling. Seemed to help.

Andy5160

Hooked
Sounds like kings may be the way to go. How about evo non adjustable kings vs non evo adjustable kings? The adjustability seems like it would be worth it, but they aren't specd to the plush coils.

If you can afford King's sure go with it however as stated befor adjustable Rancho 9000 series are really great shocks ant the friction of the cost. Keep on moving bd that most comfort comes from the coils not the shocks.

zimm

Caught the Bug
After having 2 sets of non-adjustable Fox IFP 2.0 shocks (short ones, then the long ones), and now EVO spec Kings, I can tell you that the Fox's are not a good match for the plush ride springs. Too much compression, and little rebound makes for a crappy ride on the street. They were fine off-road. The kings are great, and look cool, but if I did it over again, I'd try the RS9000's just for curiosity sake. The Fox's were good on the stiffer rock krawler springs though.

I have the adjustables, and run them all the way soft. There's 21 clicks, and I've tried them all. After 10, it's quite a bit firmer, but I don't see any place I drive that needs more stiffness. I'm either on the street, or out rock crawling on the trails. If I did faster stuff, then maybe I'd need it.

feederic

Thanks for the advice everyone. I may try the rancho's out since they are on rebate right now and offer 90 day returns if I'm not happy with them.

Also, I forgot I needed a tire carrier, and may spend the difference from rancho's and kings on front axle sleeves/seals and an upgraded tire carrier. Man, this sure gets pricey!

Last edited:

feederic

Just ordered up the 3" enforcer and ranchos! I'll have some money now to beef up the front axles - and if needed will move to different shocks in the future.

Thank you everyone!

aermotor

I have non-EVO tuned King's and they are insane. I can't believe how nice they are with the EVO plush coils. They came with my JK so I was happy with them, I know they are expensive, but I love them. However I am upgrading to ECO spec coilovers, so there's that...

I don't think you can go wrong with the Rancho's for the price though. They should pair well with the plush coils.

Last edited:

feederic

I'm fairly certain kings are still in my future, unless the rancho's change my mind. When I first started looking at 3" lifts, I thought it was as simple as tires, springs, shocks and some extensions....throw in a drive shaft, c-gussets, and might as well sleeve and seal the axles while all that is being done, and a HD spare tire carrier plus 35s and my original budget is more of a pipe dream. Something had to give for now - as much as I'd like to it all doesn't need to be done at once.

aermotor

Don't bother with the sleeves, they won't actually help you avoid breakages. Save the money for your other parts. Get the C Gussets though.

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
The kings are a much better choice for buying later than the Fox shocks. I was reading another thread where this was discussed in detail and the consensus was that the Kings work perfectly with that system (EVO). The second best option was the Rancho. The Fox is a great shock but the problem everyone seemed to have was the standard valving simply didn't work with the plush ride springs and the ride was terrible. The Foxes appear to shine when used with a stiffer spring.

Jeepfan30

After having 2 sets of non-adjustable Fox IFP 2.0 shocks (short ones, then the long ones), and now EVO spec Kings, I can tell you that the Fox's are not a good match for the plush ride springs. Too much compression, and little rebound makes for a crappy ride on the street. They were fine off-road. The kings are great, and look cool, but if I did it over again, I'd try the RS9000's just for curiosity sake. The Fox's were good on the stiffer rock krawler springs though.

I have the adjustables, and run them all the way soft. There's 21 clicks, and I've tried them all. After 10, it's quite a bit firmer, but I don't see any place I drive that needs more stiffness. I'm either on the street, or out rock crawling on the trails. If I did faster stuff, then maybe I'd need it.

Thanks for the excellent feedback going from the Fox IFP to the EVO spec Kings. I have been running the longer Fox 2.0 and was curious how much different the Kings would be.

Ddays

Hooked
Thanks for the advice everyone. I may try the rancho's out since they are on rebate right now and offer 90 day returns if I'm not happy with them.

Also, I forgot I needed a tire carrier, and may spend the difference from rancho's and kings on front axle sleeves/seals and an upgraded tire carrier. Man, this sure gets pricey!

The Foxes appear to shine when used with a stiffer spring.

I can vouch for that - I'm running the Fox 2.0 reservoirs with the stiffer RK coils and the ride is really comfortable.

X2 on saving your money on the axle sleeves. Gusset your C's & save the dough for a tire carrier.

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
Don't mean to high jack your thread but iv really been looking at redoing my RE 2.5 lift for an Evo 3" or 4" enforcer with adjustable kings. I am wanting to to go up to a 37" tire but not sure if I need to 3" or 4" lift I have 35s and flat fenders right now.

J

JKDream

I can vouch for that - I'm running the Fox 2.0 reservoirs with the stiffer RK coils and the ride is really comfortable.

That's good to know as I was in a tossup between Rock Krawler or Evo springs to replace my current ones.
You have the same shocks as me (model and length). Do the Rock Krawlers ever unseat?
You have the 3.5's correct? Mine come unseated a lot under full flex.

Top Bottom