Rockhard harness bar

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
Anyone have pictures of it mounted in their jeep? Anyone have one and have rear facing car seats in the back? Lol thinking about getting one and running a harness when crawling. Have had times where I couldn't put my seatbelt on after getting out and looking at obstacles.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
main.php

You can see my write-up here.
https://wayalife.com/showthread.php...ngler-Front-Harness-Bar-Installation-Write-Up

No pics of a car seat though, sorry.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Anyone have pictures of it mounted in their jeep? Anyone have one and have rear facing car seats in the back? Lol thinking about getting one and running a harness when crawling. Have had times where I couldn't put my seatbelt on after getting out and looking at obstacles.

I think that the brand/design of the car seat will be the ultimate factor in making it fit. Just from looking at WOL's photo of his bar I can say with certainty that my son's Saftey 1st rear facing car seat would not work.

What brand do you have?

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
I think that the brand/design of the car seat will be the ultimate factor in making it fit. Just from looking at WOL's photo of his bar I can say with certainty that my son's Saftey 1st rear facing car seat would not work.

What brand do you have?

Yeah I don't think so as well. Maybe do it when they're forward facing.

2011jk

Same here.

My point was its easy to use either so don't understand what issue the OP has with his stock belt.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Same here.

My point was its easy to use either so don't understand what issue the OP has with his stock belt.

Clearly, you've never been on a steep obstacle, had to unbuckle your stock belt to get out of your Jeep and see what's going on and then have to climb back in and try to buckle up again.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug

Idk what brand of car seat it was but we picked up my wife's youngest niece and took her to my wife's parents house about 20 miles from where we picked her up. The only place the seat would fit was in the middle and it still pushed into the backs of the front seats. Enough that it threw my setting position off slightly. I'd love to have a kid(s) but to be honest, even with the four door, I'm glad we don't. I couldn't drive or would have to put the rear facing seat on the pass side and move the pass seat up some. I have to have the driver seat all the way back, all the way down, and leaned back some and it's still not the best but I've become use to it so I make it work. There's no way I could stick a car seat behind me.

I can't help you with the harness bar and the car seat either but based on the pics I've seen on them, I doubt one would work.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If all you're wanting it for is for crawling, maybe you should pick up an old school lap belt and bolt it up to the seat mounts. It's cheap, easy to install and at least it would hold you in your seat until you clear the obstacle.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Are the bolt in harnesses long enough to bolt into the seat brackets and not use the rear harness bar?

It might be easier to just replace the seat belt mechanism that keeps sticking on you.

If it's THAT much of a pain that you are looking at all these options it sounds like it's failing.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Are the bolt in harnesses long enough to bolt into the seat brackets and not use the rear harness bar?

You want the shoulder belts to secure roughly 3-4 inches below your shoulders if I rem correctly. If they are secured to the floor they will pull down more and screw up your back. If they are too high, you will bounce around too much.

Eddie suggested just lap belts. Those you can obviously attach to the floor. Then just use them offroad and use your regular factory belt while on road. Most people don't offroad hard enough to really even need lap belts let alone a four or five point harness. However, it is a safety item that may not be a bad deal to have but not required.

You could always purchase a four or five point harness and just run the lap belts for now and not even install the shoulder belts. Then if you feel like you need them, install them at a later date. Just a thought.

Top Bottom