AEV ProCal results shocked me

White_JKU

Well After over a year of running 35's on my 2012 JKU sport I finally ordered an AEV procal to get my speedo correct and correct those shift points as mine is an automatic.

I "expected" a slight noticable difference in shifting after the recalibration...... well OMFG... My jeep drives absolutely incredible compared to before... it accelerates sooooo smooth now and effortlessly. NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE!!!

I recently did an install of a flowmaster 40 series muffler that cuts off before the rear axle and was about to order a different muffler because it was so freaking loud it sounded like a rice burner. Well after the recalibration... my exhaust sounds absolutely perfect.. no more drone.. no more riceyness....you can barely tell its aftermarket... just a nice low grumble now.

I guess after driving the thing with the tranny hunting gears for so long I actually forgot what the thing is SUPPOSED to feel like.

The procal is DEFINITELY an upgrade for the Auto guys....wish I would have done this a long time ago and am glad I didn't RE-DO my exhaust before the procal.
Hope this helps some of you as I didn't think I needed to bother with recalibration since I knew how far my speedo was off.... didn't realize the tranny was working so damn hard.

defCon5

Damn glad I read this post. I've heard both ends of the spectrum discussed and have been riding the fence since installing 35"s. I'm def going to get a Procal and flash mine.

Now, who has one that they will part with on the cheap?
Pm me.
Thanks! 👍

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Glad to hear you finally did what so many don't. Correcting your shift points is absolutely necessary if you wish to maintain any performance out of your engine. :yup:

conifers4

I too was amazed at the difference the Procal made in the driveability of my Jeep. I can't believe that I drove it for so long with my shift points messed up. Well worth the money IMO.

White_JKU

My best friend and I both installed our 35's around the same time and neither one of us wanted to "waste the money" on the Procal as we didn't think that the shift points were that far off. I never felt the need to get one for performance reasons as my 3.6 pentastar handled the 35's effortlessly... well needless to say, the tranny wasn't even though I thought it was.

You will not be dispappointed at all if you have an auto.

The guys in my Jeep club who drive manuals didn't notice much of anything after recalibrating.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For those of you with an 07-10, you should see what happens when you run a Superchips. Not only will you get your shift points corrected, you'll get even more of a boost.

LoPo

Caught the Bug
I too was amazed at the difference the Procal made in the driveability of my Jeep. I can't believe that I drove it for so long with my shift points messed up. Well worth the money IMO.

Totally agree, we'll worth the money. I was talked into it and I made the cost of it up with the increase in MPG's on my last road trip to So Cal. Jeep drives significantly smoother. I may have to consider the Superchips as Eddie pointed out, being free to change your tune would be nice!

Last edited:

Prime8

Damn glad I read this post. I've heard both ends of the spectrum discussed and have been riding the fence since installing 35"s. I'm def going to get a Procal and flash mine.

Pm me.
Thanks! 👍

They are $150 brand new with free shipping from most retailers. Even your local dealership should carry them now since the AEV/Mopar deal. I got mine at my dealership when I got my 2013. One of the cheapest, easiest, and most beneficial mods out there.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe release at Moab. You know they have to be working on it.

I don't know, I have my doubts. The computer on the 2011-up is really really tough to crack. Hypertech is the only company that I know of who might have something and that was supposed to be out back in November. Still waiting... :grayno:

White_JKU

I don't know, I have my doubts. The computer on the 2011-up is really really tough to crack. Hypertech is the only company that I know of who might have something and that was supposed to be out back in November. Still waiting... :grayno:

Yeah didn't they announce that at SEMA, still nothing....

JethroJK

The guys in my Jeep club who drive manuals didn't notice much of anything after recalibrating.

I always had thought that if you had a manual there was no need. If it helps I will have to do this next month as long as my plan to put 35s on next month pans out.

Philip *AZ*

Banned

Pm me.
Thanks! 👍

There is 1 used on on Ebay for $50. Better hurry!

Paratroopers stay up longer!

Top Bottom