AEV ProCal results shocked me

White_JKU

I always had thought that if you had a manual there was no need. If it helps I will have to do this next month as long as my plan to put 35s on next month pans out.

Well, If you have a manual, your speedo will still be off and thats about it. If you ever decide to do a re-gear, you will need one.

Like I said, the guys in our club with manuals noticed NO performance benefits from this mod. Which they shouldn't expect one unless they have an auto.

Jeep_Dawg08

So how difficult is it to reprogram everything.
I only have 295/70/17 Nitro Trails on custom wheels and an auto.
I do have decent torque, but on hills at hwy speeds the constant shifting out of OD just kills my gas and I'm sure working the tranny and engine more than needed.
I believe the rear is 3.73 from factory and my MPG just sucks! Get just about 240-260 to a tank. Before ya laugh, this is my first Jeep so in search of knowledge here. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jkjurny

Can't wait for them to do a 2012-13 programmer!

Bully Dog just releases theirs for the 2012-2013. I installed mine yesterday, and like those have said it, noticed a big difference with tire recalibration.

I haven't installed the performance tune yet though. I plan on letting others try it first :).

gtony12

Caught the Bug
So how difficult is it to reprogram everything.
I only have 295/70/17 Nitro Trails on custom wheels and an auto.
I do have decent torque, but on hills at hwy speeds the constant shifting out of OD just kills my gas and I'm sure working the tranny and engine more than needed.
I believe the rear is 3.73 from factory and my MPG just sucks! Get just about 240-260 to a tank. Before ya laugh, this is my first Jeep so in search of knowledge here. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I have 32.5"x18's on 3:21 avg about 268 mpg at time of fill up and maybe 2 gal. Left. But I knew I was buying a jeep. :)

Sent from my EVO using WAYALIFE mobile app

White_JKU

Bully Dog just releases theirs for the 2012-2013. I installed mine yesterday, and like those have said it, noticed a big difference with tire recalibration.

I haven't installed the performance tune yet though. I plan on letting others try it first :).

Got a link to the product???... I know a couple other companies other than AEV have released "programmers" but from what I understood, they all do the samething as AEV's Procal, but they are supposedly "trying" or "are working" on breaking MOPAR's codes.... and when they do, those who have these non AEV programmers will have more options. (if they ever break the codes)

jkjurny

Got a link to the product???... I know a couple other companies other than AEV have released "programmers" but from what I understood, they all do the samething as AEV's Procal, but they are supposedly "trying" or "are working" on breaking MOPAR's codes.... and when they do, those who have these non AEV programmers will have more options. (if they ever break the codes)

Here's the link. They have broken the code and you have the same option as the ProCal, but on the fly.

http://bullydog.com/product.php?ID=466

Well, If you have a manual, your speedo will still be off and thats about it. If you ever decide to do a re-gear, you will need one.

Like I said, the guys in our club with manuals noticed NO performance benefits from this mod. Which they shouldn't expect one unless they have an auto.

im that guy in the club. and hes right. there is no computer controlling my shift points but i did notice that when my speedo was reading correctly no one tried to pull me over going threw centerville:bleh:

all the big names have true progammers our now for the 3.6 Dibalo has there intune and trinity working for it. considering the trinity for the extra monitoring it will let me do.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I always had thought that if you had a manual there was no need. If it helps I will have to do this next month as long as my plan to put 35s on next month pans out.

It will fix your speedo and TPMS issues if your not using them. Although it won't do anything for your shift points as you control those anyways. I bought one and when I put the 35's on I will let you know the results.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It will fix your speedo and TPMS issues if your not using them. Although it won't do anything for your shift points as you control those anyways. I bought one and when I put the 35's on I will let you know the results.

What he said. On a manual, it will not do anything for your shift points as you control that yourself. All it will do is correct your speedometer and address things like your TPMS or swaybar disconnect light.

daveroberts

Hmmm, I'll have to look into that one. In the past I have had a good experience with the Superchips products and have never ran any Bully Dog units. I know they have a good reputation on the diesel side of things. Let me know when you install the performance tune.

Skid_Kid

Well After over a year of running 35's on my 2012 JKU sport I finally ordered an AEV procal to get my speedo correct and correct those shift points as mine is an automatic.

I "expected" a slight noticable difference in shifting after the recalibration...... well OMFG... My jeep drives absolutely incredible compared to before... it accelerates sooooo smooth now and effortlessly. NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE!!!

I recently did an install of a flowmaster 40 series muffler that cuts off before the rear axle and was about to order a different muffler because it was so freaking loud it sounded like a rice burner. Well after the recalibration... my exhaust sounds absolutely perfect.. no more drone.. no more riceyness....you can barely tell its aftermarket... just a nice low grumble now.

I guess after driving the thing with the tranny hunting gears for so long I actually forgot what the thing is SUPPOSED to feel like.

The procal is DEFINITELY an upgrade for the Auto guys....wish I would have done this a long time ago and am glad I didn't RE-DO my exhaust before the procal.
Hope this helps some of you as I didn't think I needed to bother with recalibration since I knew how far my speedo was off.... didn't realize the tranny was working so damn hard.

Just convinced me to buy his now. Was going to wait till I got my lift and tires. But I have already done the Airraid intake and Dynomax Competition exhaust.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

White_JKU

Just convinced me to buy his now. Was going to wait till I got my lift and tires. But I have already done the Airraid intake and Dynomax Competition exhaust.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Just remember, your not gonna notice anything until you change those tires to non OEM

TexasJC

The super chips that y'all are talking about; is that just the flashpak? I'm ordering my lift and tires Saturday, and was going to get the flashpak with it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The super chips that y'all are talking about; is that just the flashpak? I'm ordering my lift and tires Saturday, and was going to get the flashpak with it.

Yes, we are referring to the Flashpaq. Remember, it only works on 2007-10 model JK's at this time.

Top Bottom