Cheap steel bumper/grumper

Parks34

I was wondering if any of you guys have had experience with eBay bumpers. I'm guessing they're about the same quality as smittybilt. Found a grumper for right at 600. Now I'm not looking to make a big fuss, I'm just asking about quality as in thickness and paint quality IMG_1410.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

trailraider

I personally think they are ugly, even if they were a quality functional piece of equipment I still would not buy one.

Clearskies

Caught the Bug
Anything that's "angry" looking won't get much support here....
If it's about quality and money there are other options, EVO 1/4 pounder is under $500, Poison Spyder is just over $600...

Parks34

Anything that's "angry" looking won't get much support here....
If it's about quality and money there are other options, EVO 1/4 pounder is under $500, Poison Spyder is just over $600...

I understand that. I'm not mad people don't like them, and opinion is an opinion. I just wondered the actual quality of the item.

MericaMade

600 bucks can go a long way for a product that is actually worth it. You have companies like Evo, Poison Spider, and GenRight that have very well-built and stout bumpers around the $600 price tag.

The fact that it's an eBay product is my first concern and looking at at the gaps and texture of the front bumper leads me to believe that that's very thin wall Steel that will bend or crumpled very easy.

fiend

Caught the Bug
Assuming you’re taking about a grill rather than a bumper, it’s cosmetic not structural. So quality of metal and welds are secondary to prep and finish of the powder coating. Cutting corners there is going to result in a rusty looking piece of shit, even aside from whether you like the design.

Last edited:
Top Bottom