PDA

View Full Version : VIDEO : GOLD DUST Part 2 - NITTO JKX / Rockin the Rubicon

wayoflife
09-04-2019, 12:47 AM
Day 2 of the Nitto JK-Experience presented by KMC Wheels would start yet again in Carson City, Nevada but it would soon take us down to the south, through the Carson Valley and then up into the Sierra Nevada Mountains. While Mel did take us on a round about scenic route just to throw us off, it became pretty clear that the trail we were going to be running was none other than the world famous, Rubicon! In Part 2 of GOLD DUST, you'll get to see us putting our Jeep JK Wranglers to the test and work around a broken Steer Smarts Yeti drag link before camping out at Rubicon Springs. We hope you enjoy seeing Moby, PSC Motorsports, Synergy, Exodus Jeeps, Smokin Dave's BBQ, Casey Currie and all the other JK's doing what they were made to do.

https://youtu.be/kx7YNfI2QBA

This video was independently filmed, edited and produced by Cindy and Eddie Oh of WAYALIFE. The opinions and actions of the individuals featured are in no way affiliated with or attributable to Nitto Tire, KMC Wheels, Off Road Evolution or any of the JK-Experience sponsors.

WIN a Pair of NEW WAYALIFE Shot Glasses!!If you'd like a chance at WINNING a pair of WAYALIFE Shot Glasses, all you have to do take a guess as to how long Part 3 will be and post up your answer here. The person who gets the closest will WIN. Good luck to you!

UPDATE: And the person who came the closest to the actual time of Part 3 is...

Awesome video! It really is a bucket list trail for most people and Deff on mine!

Guessing 37:52 for the next one.

Congratulations my friend! :thumb:

WJCO
09-04-2019, 01:39 AM
Beer in hand and watching.

TrailHunter
09-04-2019, 01:41 AM
So Awesome!!! I want to run this trail so Bad!... This is my favorite Rubicon video thus far. Nice job you two!! :2thumbsup:

38:17

MericaMade
09-04-2019, 01:43 AM
Great video!!! 45 minutes felt like 10. What brand fenders is the grey and teal Currie jeep running?

RockinAZJK
09-04-2019, 01:43 AM
Iím throwing my guess out for 31:25

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

RockinAZJK
09-04-2019, 01:44 AM
Iíll be watching either tonight or tomorrow when I get up at 3am!!

jesse3638
09-04-2019, 02:12 AM
Thanks for sharing the trip. Brought me back to the 2016 Rockin Rubicon Run and though it's been 3 years now it was like yesterday. Still waiting for the video..hint ...hint...haha. I really need to get out there again. Especially after getting the 37's on and see how much a difference it'll make over the 35's. Can't wait for the next installment.

Abntroop
09-04-2019, 02:16 AM
That was a great Vid!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

wjtstudios
09-04-2019, 02:30 AM
The rubicon is the iconic trail! Amazing video as always!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Exodus Jeeps
09-04-2019, 02:34 AM
Man these videos are killing me! Such an awesome trip and you guys do such a good job of bringing me right back to it. Hard to believe how much ground we covered in such a short time!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

WJCO
09-04-2019, 02:34 AM
Awesome video. Looks like a damn fun time. Hope to run that trail someday. That drag link end stud break :eek: Don't think I've ever seen a break like that in all my years working on Jeeps.

benatc1
09-04-2019, 02:51 AM
Awesome video! Looks like a great day out there! Seems like you guys really did maybe some great time for such a large group. While our day trip a few days after was awesome, definitely love those camping nights at Rubicon springs! Thanks for sharing, looking fwd to Cadillac hill and the rest of the trip!

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

wayoflife
09-04-2019, 03:09 AM
So Awesome!!! I want to run this trail so Bad!... This is my favorite Rubicon video thus far. Nice job you two!! :2thumbsup:

38:17

So glad to hear you enjoyed this video more than others and I hope when you do get to run the Rubicon, it'll be with us :)

Great video!!! 45 minutes felt like 10. What brand fenders is the grey and teal Currie jeep running?

We're flattered to hear you say as much and so glad that you enjoyed our video. Not sure what the fenders were but they looked like Nemesis to me. Maybe MCE.

Iíll be watching either tonight or tomorrow when I get up at 3am!!

Hope you enjoy it when you get a chance to watch it :)

Thanks for sharing the trip. Brought me back to the 2016 Rockin Rubicon Run and though it's been 3 years now it was like yesterday. Still waiting for the video..hint ...hint...haha. I really need to get out there again. Especially after getting the 37's on and see how much a difference it'll make over the 35's. Can't wait for the next installment.

LOL - would love nothing more than to revisit some of our older videos. Need to make time for them.

That was a great Vid!!

Thank you :)

RESURECTIONJK
09-04-2019, 03:09 AM
Perfect in every way. Cindy and Moby are a special pair to watch. Clearly heís her favorite. Great homework before our trip out next week. Canít wait to see part 3 that I suspect will come in at 51:22

wayoflife
09-04-2019, 03:15 AM
The rubicon is the iconic trail! Amazing video as always!

It is the grandaddy of all trails for a reason.
Glad you enjoyed the video :)

Man these videos are killing me! Such an awesome trip and you guys do such a good job of bringing me right back to it. Hard to believe how much ground we covered in such a short time!

Thanks Bubba. Had a great time wheeling with you and hope to do it again soon. :yup:

Awesome video. Looks like a damn fun time. Hope to run that trail someday. That drag link end stud break :eek: Don't think I've ever seen a break like that in all my years working on Jeeps.

It really is funny how so many fanboys out there church up SteerSmarts as being so big and beefy and I suppose parts of them are but their tie-rod ends are puny and definitely the weak link. Of course, replacements cost about the same as a brand new drag link or tie-rod. :naw:

Awesome video! Looks like a great day out there! Seems like you guys really did maybe some great time for such a large group. While our day trip a few days after was awesome, definitely love those camping nights at Rubicon springs! Thanks for sharing, looking fwd to Cadillac hill and the rest of the trip!

The camping out at the Springs is always the stuff of good times. So hope we can do this run with you and Alex again soon.

Torrin
Great video, one of the best ever!

wayoflife
Perfect in every way. Cindy and Moby are a special pair to watch. Clearly heís her favorite. Great homework before our trip out next week. Canít wait to see part 3 that I suspect will come in at 51:22

Oh yeah, the two were made for each other. :crazyeyes:
Hope you have a great time out there.

WiscoHR
09-04-2019, 03:17 AM
Awesome video! Thanks for making it feel like we were there!

wayoflife
09-04-2019, 03:18 AM
Awesome video! Thanks for making it feel like we were there!

Happy to hear you felt that way :)

Bear_JKU
09-04-2019, 03:52 AM
That was really a great video! I felt like a kid in a candy shop watching it. I really like the shots you guys were getting of Moby and the others. It felt like I was standing right there with you.

MtnJeep08
09-04-2019, 04:00 AM
Amazing video! Wish I was there!

fiend
09-04-2019, 04:14 AM
Just watched this. It brought me back to my Rubicon trip earlier this year. What a great trip. Your and Cindyís work really captures the challenge, scenery, and camaraderie.

Labricon
09-04-2019, 04:15 AM
Thanks for taking us along for the ride once again!!

Guessing 34:20 for part three! Canít wait

jeeeep
09-04-2019, 04:16 AM
that was awesome!!

Cindy makes that look so easy :thumb:

I haven't been on any trails this year and i'm hurting from the lack of trail trips, glad I have this to help add more ache to my woos :cheesy:

part3... 39:43

Brute
09-04-2019, 04:20 AM
Yup...awesome video, Moby is looking mighty studly on the trail.

The Rubicon is the iconic off road trail in the USA...

BaddestCross
09-04-2019, 04:59 AM
Awesome video, iconic trail! Brought back great memories of our trip up there last year... Your filming and editing made me feel like I was there. [emoji106]

Next episode: 48 minutes.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

danford.lau
09-04-2019, 05:09 AM
Thanks for creating these videos .. that is a ton of ground to cover in 1 day . Helps without the crowds and with rigs on 40s haha . Still recognize all the obstacles from when we ran it this year [emoji106]

Next video 26 minutes

jmedgar
09-04-2019, 05:20 AM
Thank you for all the work put into filming and editing these videos! Has me even more excited for my first trip through in a few weeks.

pop2tu
09-04-2019, 05:49 AM
Another great video! You guys put together such a great story mixed with awesome camera shots. You two really rival others with much more equipment. This video really makes me want to run the rubicon someday. Thank you for sharing with us.
Next video 33:06

Edwrds
09-04-2019, 11:39 AM
Great video Eddie and Cindy. I was amazed how smooth you guys made it look compared to some of the other jeeps. This ones on my to do list for sure. Is it true that a stock rubicon can do this trial? Bypasses?

Next video 27 min

Down_Time
09-04-2019, 01:41 PM
both of these videos were awesome. I have been waiting for them to drop ever since I heard y'all were doing this run. To top it off with the rubicon is surely bucket list worthy.

jorgelrod
09-04-2019, 01:56 PM
Awesome video guys, Cindy was killing it. She can make any driver look like a chump :)

Next video, 47:00

JJK
09-04-2019, 02:31 PM
Great job on part 2. Miss being there. The group of people we had on this trip helped make it great. The nights around the fires were some of the best parts of the trip. Keep up the good work.

wayoflife
09-04-2019, 02:42 PM
That was really a great video! I felt like a kid in a candy shop watching it. I really like the shots you guys were getting of Moby and the others. It felt like I was standing right there with you.

Awesome, that's what we love to hear and we're so glad that we were able to deliver :)

Amazing video! Wish I was there!

Thank you and yes, the Rubicon is definitely a place to want to be at :)

Just watched this. It brought me back to my Rubicon trip earlier this year. What a great trip. Your and Cindyís work really captures the challenge, scenery, and camaraderie.

Happy to hear we could take you back to some good times :)

Thanks for taking us along for the ride once again!!

Guessing 34:20 for part three! Canít wait

You bet! Glad you enjoyed the ride :)

that was awesome!!

Cindy makes that look so easy :thumb:

I haven't been on any trails this year and i'm hurting from the lack of trail trips, glad I have this to help add more ache to my woos :cheesy:

part3... 39:43

Well, we're glad that we could help in at least this little way :)

Yup...awesome video, Moby is looking mighty studly on the trail.

The Rubicon is the iconic off road trail in the USA...

Thanks and I guess that's what the Rubicon is called the grand daddy of them all :)

Awesome video, iconic trail! Brought back great memories of our trip up there last year... Your filming and editing made me feel like I was there. [emoji106]

Next episode: 48 minutes.

So glad that our video could take you back to some good times :)

Thanks for creating these videos .. that is a ton of ground to cover in 1 day . Helps without the crowds and with rigs on 40s haha . Still recognize all the obstacles from when we ran it this year [emoji106]

Next video 26 minutes

LOL - actually, we had a lot of traffic to work around including at least one that was a "fan" of mine. But Mel was on a mission. :crazyeyes:

Thank you for all the work put into filming and editing these videos! Has me even more excited for my first trip through in a few weeks.

Awesome, hope you have a great trip :)

wayoflife
09-04-2019, 02:47 PM
Another great video! You guys put together such a great story mixed with awesome camera shots. You two really rival others with much more equipment. This video really makes me want to run the rubicon someday. Thank you for sharing with us.

We're humbled that you would say as much. :blush:

Great video Eddie and Cindy. I was amazed how smooth you guys made it look compared to some of the other jeeps. This ones on my to do list for sure. Is it true that a stock rubicon can do this trial? Bypasses?

Next video 27 min

Oh yeah, you can take a stock Rubicon through the whole trail. You would have to take the bypasses and stack a few rocks but it can be done and I've seen it. I wouldn't recommend it though if only because it'll make for a long and exhausting trip.

both of these videos were awesome. I have been waiting for them to drop ever since I heard y'all were doing this run. To top it off with the rubicon is surely bucket list worthy.

Awesome, so glad you've been enjoying our videos of the JKX :)

Awesome video guys, Cindy was killing it. She can make any driver look like a chump :)

Next video, 47:00

LOL - Cindy is a quite one but can kill it on the rocks :yup:

Great job on part 2. Miss being there. The group of people we had on this trip helped make it great. The nights around the fires were some of the best parts of the trip. Keep up the good work.

Thanks JJ! Had a great time wheeling with you and hope we can do it again soon :)

USMC Wrangler
09-04-2019, 03:26 PM
This was such a great treat to come home to after work last night! The Rubicon is still on my to do list and this just makes me want to go, right now! Thanks again to you and Cindy for the videos. [emoji1303] You two are cranking these out!

Part 3 45:20

Spazbyt
09-04-2019, 04:38 PM
I thoroughly enjoy all the videos you guys make but even better my wife has taken a liking to them as well. Your videos have introduced her to the jeep Wayalife. Thank you Eddie and Cindy for all the hard work that must go into making these videos so engaging.

38:30

wayoflife
09-04-2019, 05:27 PM
This was such a great treat to come home to after work last night! The Rubicon is still on my to do list and this just makes me want to go, right now! Thanks again to you and Cindy for the videos. [emoji1303] You two are cranking these out!

Part 3 45:20

Awesome! When you do finally get a chance to run the Rubicon, I hope we can be there to join in on the fun :)

I thoroughly enjoy all the videos you guys make but even better my wife has taken a liking to them as well. Your videos have introduced her to the jeep Wayalife. Thank you Eddie and Cindy for all the hard work that must go into making these videos so engaging.

38:30

That is so awesome that your wife enjoys our videos as well :thumb:

Trail JK
09-04-2019, 06:28 PM
Awesome video! Beautiful area looked like a lot of fun. We need to get out on a trail soon. Thanks for having us along on your trip!

wayoflife
09-04-2019, 07:12 PM
Awesome video! Beautiful area looked like a lot of fun. We need to get out on a trail soon. Thanks for having us along on your trip!

Thanks Rachel and yes, we need to get you and Ray out there with us again soon :yup:

DWiggles
09-04-2019, 07:33 PM
Another trip to the Rubicon via youtube! :thumb:

In it for 28:37

JAGS
09-04-2019, 08:14 PM
Had to watch this in a few chucks. Finished the last 15 min today. You guys captured the best of JKX and the Rubicon all in one vid. Bravo!!

Honestly makes me miss getting out on the trail with you guys. Need to change that sooner than later. Laying out the plans for the JL and hopefully thereís an invite with my name on it. Itís been way too long!!

Sharkey
09-04-2019, 08:33 PM
Another great addition to a great series of videos. It's hard to beat the beauty of the Rubicon and you do a great job of capturing it on film while also showing some cool wheeling and the personalities of the participants.:thumb::thumb:

Coop
09-04-2019, 11:04 PM
Awesome, awesome, awesome!!! Great adventure and great film!!! What a wonderful group of people! Wishing I was there too! Just canít believe the trail of rock and how well everyone negotiated it! Man! Just epic!

USMC Wrangler
09-04-2019, 11:22 PM
Awesome! When you do finally get a chance to run the Rubicon, I hope we can be there to join in on the fun :)

That would be great! Iíll have to plan well in advance with work and the family calendar, but Iíll definitely let you know. [emoji1303]

wayoflife
09-04-2019, 11:39 PM
Another trip to the Rubicon via youtube! :thumb:

In it for 28:37

We need to get you out and doing it via your Jeep :yup:

Had to watch this in a few chucks. Finished the last 15 min today. You guys captured the best of JKX and the Rubicon all in one vid. Bravo!!

Honestly makes me miss getting out on the trail with you guys. Need to change that sooner than later. Laying out the plans for the JL and hopefully thereís an invite with my name on it. Itís been way too long!!

Awesome! Tony and Steph are ahead of you and getting work done on our JL now :yup:

Another great addition to a great serious of videos. It's hard to beat the beauty of the Rubicon and you do a great job of capturing it on film while also showing some cool wheeling and the personalities of the participants.:thumb::thumb:

Thanks! The Rubicon really is one of our favorite camping trips. It was nice to do it on the JKX this year and with a bunch of people who've never done it before :cool:

Awesome, awesome, awesome!!! Great adventure and great film!!! What a wonderful group of people! Wishing I was there too! Just canít believe the trail of rock and how well everyone negotiated it! Man! Just epic!

LOL - thank you. So glad you enjoyed it :)

That would be great! Iíll have to plan well in advance with work and the family calendar, but Iíll definitely let you know. [emoji1303]

cool :cool:

Arrcherr
09-05-2019, 12:04 AM
Yeah that was awesome! What a spectacular area to wheel through. When I watched you all climbing those massive boulders and then thought about some of the stupid small crap I've gotten myself hung up on I had to just hang my head in shame. Moby is a beast[emoji106]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

CalSgt
09-05-2019, 01:51 AM
This was probably the most I've ever anticipated a Wayalife video... and as suspected it didn't disappoint.

I was loading up to go on my first Rubicon trip ever when the instagram pictures of the JKX were being posted, I missed you guys by about 2 days i'm guessing.

I was really confused on the way in because I didn't really recognize any of the obstacles from your videos... Then on the way out I realized that my crew was running in the opposite direction from the videos. We came in from the east & didn't go any farther than spider lake, then drove out the way we came.

Clutch
09-05-2019, 02:11 AM
You may have caught me at a moment of weakness, but this video has made me want to build an Unlimited on 40s and hit the Rubi more than any video Iíve ever seen!

Exodus Jeeps
09-05-2019, 02:34 AM
You may have caught me at a moment of weakness, but this video has made me want to build an Unlimited on 40s and hit the Rubi more than any video Iíve ever seen!

You should see it in person, itís pretty damn amazing. I hope to make it back someday and take it at a much, slower pace.

Clutch
09-05-2019, 02:46 AM
You should see it in person, itís pretty damn amazing. I hope to make it back someday and take it at a much, slower pace.

I sure hope to! It seems like the JKX moves at break neck speed. Seems like youíd need a vacation afterwards.

jdofmemi
09-05-2019, 03:51 AM
Great video!

You guys were flying to get that many rigs to the Springs that fast, and have a breakdown, and get some good footage.

I can't wait for the next one, about 36 minutes of it.

wayoflife
09-05-2019, 02:04 PM
Yeah that was awesome! What a spectacular area to wheel through. When I watched you all climbing those massive boulders and then thought about some of the stupid small crap I've gotten myself hung up on I had to just hang my head in shame. Moby is a beast[emoji106]

LOL - there's never any shame in getting hung up. You can only learn by doing and really, most of the rigs you see in the video have been built over the top. :yup:

This was probably the most I've ever anticipated a Wayalife video... and as suspected it didn't disappoint.

I was loading up to go on my first Rubicon trip ever when the instagram pictures of the JKX were being posted, I missed you guys by about 2 days i'm guessing.

I was really confused on the way in because I didn't really recognize any of the obstacles from your videos... Then on the way out I realized that my crew was running in the opposite direction from the videos. We came in from the east & didn't go any farther than spider lake, then drove out the way we came.

Bummer we missed you. In the future, you really should try running the trail as a thru route. I think you'll like it more.

LOL - The rigs you see are definitely things to be desired :)

wayoflife
09-05-2019, 02:08 PM
I sure hope to! It seems like the JKX moves at break neck speed. Seems like youíd need a vacation afterwards.

Honestly, this was one of the slowest pace JKX we've ever been on and only because Mel was driving someone else's JK which only had 37's and no front locker. But, we still seemed to move at a pretty good clip and yes, we really could use a vacation. Unfortunately, we still have a ton of work to do. :icon_crazy:

Great video!

You guys were flying to get that many rigs to the Springs that fast, and have a breakdown, and get some good footage.

I can't wait for the next one, about 36 minutes of it.

I was near impossible to get any footage and that's why so many of the same Jeeps are shown in the video. Wit the exception of the Little Sluice, we could only get people who were immediately around us.

Exodus Jeeps
09-05-2019, 02:10 PM
You guys can skip the day after and it wonít hurt my feelings[emoji6]

rmccown
09-05-2019, 03:15 PM
I cant be the only one that wanted to see how well bailing wire would have worked....

wayoflife
09-05-2019, 03:19 PM
You guys can skip the day after and it wonít hurt my feelings[emoji6]

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: And here I was thinking that you were trying extra hard to get as much screen time as possible.
For my purposes, I was kinda hoping we could skip the following day or two. :crazyeyes:

I cant be the only one that wanted to see how well bailing wire would have worked....

LOL - wouldn't have been pretty but it probably could have gotten us to camp. Certainly, it would have done better job than that lame ass SteerSmarts YETI.

cozdude
09-05-2019, 04:04 PM
Awesome video! It really is a bucket list trail for most people and Deff on mine!

Exodus Jeeps
09-05-2019, 04:14 PM
:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: And here I was thinking that you were trying extra hard to get as much screen time as possible.
For my purposes, I was kinda hoping we could skip the following day or two. :crazyeyes:

I definitely did some extra on this trip! Which reminds me, I have some maintenance to get to...

mattfl
09-05-2019, 05:01 PM
It is the grandaddy of all trails for a reason.

It really is funny how so many fanboys out there church up SteerSmarts as being so big and beefy and I suppose parts of them are but their tie-rod ends are puny and definitely the weak link. Of course, replacements cost about the same as a brand new drag link or tie-rod. :naw:

So it looks like Mel broke the actual ball joint on the drag link right?

Supposedly they use 30mm 1 1/2 ton ball joints.

Curious if anyone knows what size ball joints are in stronger drag links?

wayoflife
09-05-2019, 05:16 PM

Definitely a trail every Jeep has to run at least once :yup:

I definitely did some extra on this trip! Which reminds me, I have some maintenance to get to...

Yeah, I still need to get Moby down to Motech. Just have so much to do :icon_crazy:

So it looks like Mel broke the actual ball joint on the drag link right?

Supposedly they use 30mm 1 1/2 ton ball joints.

Curious if anyone knows what size ball joints are in stronger drag links?

The ball joints are HUGE but the tapered studs are tiny. That's where it broke. I've seen plenty of trashed drag links over the years but this is the first time I've seen one break like this. Of course, replacement tie-rod ends cost about the same as a brand new drag link :naw:

mattfl
09-05-2019, 05:42 PM
Definitely a trail every Jeep has to run at least once :yup:

The ball joints are HUGE but the tapered studs are tiny. That's where it broke. I've seen plenty of trashed drag links over the years but this is the first time I've seen one break like this. Of course, replacement tie-rod ends cost about the same as a brand new drag link :naw:

Fair enough, thanks for the reply!

Benito
09-05-2019, 06:19 PM

I wonder if it was one of there ďno drillĒ draglink flip models. They had claims that those were were stronger than other products that you drill and insert a sleeve. I had my doubts.

fiend
09-05-2019, 06:24 PM
I wonder if it was one of there ďno drillĒ draglink flip models. They had claims that those were were stronger than other products that you drill and insert a sleeve. I had my doubts.

I was wondering the same thing. Without seeing them side by side, I suspect that the no drill one is weaker.

wayoflife
09-05-2019, 08:00 PM

I was wondering the same thing. Without seeing them side by side, I suspect that the no drill one is weaker.

Your assumption is correct and like you, I've always had my doubts. Proof is in the broken tie-rod end. I'll stick with Synergy.

Jaybird 11
09-06-2019, 12:54 AM
Loved the video as always. I want to do the Rubicon but I dont know if it would be that much fun in a cj5 on 33s with a lunch box locker in the rear only. You guys make it look so easy with Moby.

Sent from my SM-G920V using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

Jaybird 11
09-06-2019, 02:32 AM
Forgot to put my guess in there.35:11 this time.

Sent from my SM-G920V using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

dillard09
09-06-2019, 12:56 PM
Great video!! I know it was tough getting alot of video at the speed we were moving.
Part 3 should be interesting.... look forward to seeing that. Thanks for all the hard work yall put in so that way I can relive the experience again. 👍🏿

wayoflife
09-06-2019, 02:37 PM
Loved the video as always. I want to do the Rubicon but I dont know if it would be that much fun in a cj5 on 33s with a lunch box locker in the rear only. You guys make it look so easy with Moby.

It would be exhausting and you would just have to take much different lines but I've seen it be done.

Great video!! I know it was tough getting alot of video at the speed we were moving.
Part 3 should be interesting.... look forward to seeing that. Thanks for all the hard work yall put in so that way I can relive the experience again. 👍🏿

LOL - Oh yeah, I know you were doing a lot of running around too.

wayoflife
09-06-2019, 02:38 PM
And the person who came the closest to the actual time of Part 3 is...

Seahawkfan
09-06-2019, 02:53 PM
Looks like a great trip.. Thanks for sharing..

Chillin' The Most...
09-06-2019, 04:09 PM
Great video Eddie thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

cozdude
09-06-2019, 04:15 PM
And the person who came the closest to the actual time of Part 3 is...

Less that an min off! Lol thanks Eddie! About to watch it now

USMC Wrangler
09-06-2019, 07:12 PM
Less that an min off! Lol thanks Eddie! About to watch it now

Congrats Steve! [emoji1303]

wjtstudios
09-06-2019, 08:28 PM
Congrats Steve!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Arrcherr
09-06-2019, 11:24 PM
Congrats Cozdude[emoji106]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

sipafz
09-07-2019, 11:11 PM
Got caught up with both part 2 and 3. Looks like such a great time. Like always, thank you for sharing your adventures!

OverlanderJK
09-08-2019, 03:08 PM
Crazy how many bears have been seen at the springs the last couple years. The trail is also as easy as it looked. Another good video and bummed I didnít get to run it and camp with you guys this year. Maybe next year year.

wayoflife
09-08-2019, 03:12 PM
Got caught up with both part 2 and 3. Looks like such a great time. Like always, thank you for sharing your adventures!

Thanks! So glad you enjoyed it :)

Crazy how many bears have been seen at the springs the last couple years. The trail is also as easy as it looked. Another good video and bummed I didnít get to run it and camp with you guys this year. Maybe next year year.

As you know, I've been doing this a long time and it seems like it's only been in the last few years that bears have been an issue. Never seen or heard of them in the past or at least, not at the springs. The Jamborees really did a number on the trail and not in a good way. Hopefully, the winter will be able to fix that and hoping we can hit the con with you next year.

CalSgt
09-08-2019, 07:22 PM
Thanks! So glad you enjoyed it :)

As you know, I've been doing this a long time and it seems like it's only been in the last few years that bears have been an issue. Never seen or heard of them in the past or at least, not at the springs. The Jamborees really did a number on the trail and not in a good way. Hopefully, the winter will be able to fix that and hoping we can hit the con with you next year.

In 2012 CA banned the use of dogs for bear hunting because it is allegedly inhumane, the bear population has been steadily increasing each year since. Bear hunters used to call into a hotline each day to find out if the tag quota had been filled and the season halted, I haven't heard anyone say the quota has been filled since the ban.

We are seeing a lot more of them in my neck of the Sierra's too.

MericaMade
09-11-2019, 06:25 PM
In 2012 CA banned the use of dogs for bear hunting because it is allegedly inhumane, the bear population has been steadily increasing each year since. Bear hunters used to call into a hotline each day to find out if the tag quota had been filled and the season halted, I haven't heard anyone say the quota has been filled since the ban.

We are seeing a lot more of them in my neck of the Sierra's too.

As for bear hunting, if you need dogs, a long scope, .308, and need to be 500 yards away for your safety, then you are a bitch hunter. Grab a Rambo knife, hunt it on foot, go toe to toe, and IF you succeed, congratulations your a real hunter.