Front and rear track bar

LIKEITHIGH

well i bought my jeep with a 2.5 inch lift on it, basically just had longer shocks, longer coil springs and a taller rear trk bar relocation bracket and that was it. this all meant not much to me at the time i bought it . but after 12 months of owning a jeep ive realized alot of things. the first of them is the day my rear trk bar bracket (axle side ) twisted off the axle cause of the factory trk bar and the relocation bracket putting so much stress on the bracket. aftr dealing with problems like this over and over again is why i decided to buy a adjustable rear trk bar. many guys say u only need either the front or the rear and not both, but i didnt want to take the chance so i bought a rear trk bar from jks, i think it was round 145.00 . but i also bought a 4 inch adjustable long arm suspension lift that came with all adjustable control arms and a adj. frt trk bar as well so i did frt and back. But if u r considering ever going bigger or upgrading anything i would sugest getting adjustable components such as the trk bars . cause u will need the adjustment factor to recenter ur axles. beleive me u dont want to be in the middle of no where and have things brake off it sucks bad..... atleast get a rear trk bar and support ur rear trk bar bracket with more support . cause ive seen all the lifts out there and none of them give u complete support for this bracket. alot of them give a extra support brkt of some kind but they still dont look like they would prevent the brkt from braking off . but if u just keep inspecting ur rear parts for bending or cracking u could propably catch it before something happens.

jeeeep

Hooked
you want a rear track bar that has U-bolts to reinforce it to the axle, stay away from the ones that just attach a bracket to the existing bracket - they will break in time.

The adjustable front track bar will center your axle under the Jeep. I have a 2.5 inch lift and my front axle is snout 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch to the left which may not cause any problems but I know it is there so I am going to install a Rock Krawler front adjustable track bar. As for the rear my lift came with a rear track bar relocation bracket and I will eventually replace the rear track bar.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Is it really worth it to get a rear track bar bracket and a adj. front track bar for a 2.5 lift?

At just 2.5", you really don't need to do anything. Sure, your axles will be off center a bit but not enough to matter. If you think about it, your axles are always a bit off center one way or the other depending on how much weight you have in your Jeep. If you really want to address it, an adjustable front track bar is what you want up front and a relocation bracket in the rear will get the job done. As mentioned, DO NOT install a bracket that attaches to the axle mount UNLESS it is one that is reinforced to the axle.

Tackerdown

Banned
Maybe some one could make a point on the rear track bar bracket that attaches to the frame. Better,worse, should you reinforcing it.

EVO 4G WAYALIFE.

JKbrick

Synergy makes brackets to reinforce both frame attachment points if I understand your comment correctly

Tackerdown

Banned
Yes and no. Is it better to mount a bracket to the frame ,is it stronger or should it be reinforced also .

EVO 4G WAYALIFE.

White_JKU

Good info here!, Im gonna be pulling the trigger on trackbars once my new springs are installed as well.

Jeep_Dawg08

Ok.. stupid question I'm sure. But I bought my 08 with the lift in already. Its only a 2.5-3.0" lift, but how do u tell if ur offcenter. Also, are we talking front/rear center, or side/side center??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JK1

At just 2.5", you really don't need to do anything. Sure, your axles will be off center a bit but not enough to matter. If you think about it, your axles are always a bit off center one way or the other depending on how much weight you have in your Jeep. If you really want to address it, an adjustable front track bar is what you want up front and a relocation bracket in the rear will get the job done. As mentioned, DO NOT install a bracket that attaches to the axle mount UNLESS it is one that is reinforced to the axle.

with a 3.5in lift what would you buy for the rear axle...adjustable track bar or a relocate bracket

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
with a 3.5in lift what would you buy for the rear axle...adjustable track bar or a relocate bracket

At that height, a good reinforced relocation bracket like the kind that EVO makes will get the job done and do it better as it will help correct your suspension geometry too.

Top Bottom