Front side marker lights

JethroJK

So I chopped my fenders yesterday and today I am installing my side markers. Using this light.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1371736524.651598.jpg

But I have wired it a million ways to Sunday and none will get the light to illuminate on either side and yes my lights are on.

Any reason they are not working?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yep. I did it both ways with different connectors. Really weird.

Hmmm, I wonder if maybe it's a lack of resistance issue. I know that there are other lights on the Jeep like the fogs and tail lights that need to have a certain amount in order to function. I just use an old school incandescent light so it works fine.

JethroJK

Ok. Very weird. I decided instead of just turning the ignition on but not starting the engine to actually start the engine. It works now ?? Weird. Don't have any idea why that would be. But now it works with just the ignition on.

Oh well, it works.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ok. Very weird. I decided instead of just turning the ignition on but not starting the engine to actually start the engine. It works now ?? Weird. Don't have any idea why that would be. But now it works with just the ignition on.

Oh well, it works.

:cheesy: Well ya know, if it works, it works - good job :clap2:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
BTW, you mind telling us where you found these? I might want to upgrade what I have to them :yup:

JethroJK

So I was wrong. Potentially a different issue. So front blinker/marker light underneath headlight on driver side doesn't illuminate when lights are on but blinker works which happens to be the same side I can't get the side marker to illuminate. Is there a connection there that would be the issue? The passenger side works.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So I was wrong. Potentially a different issue. So front blinker/marker light underneath headlight on driver side doesn't illuminate when lights are on but blinker works which happens to be the same side I can't get the side marker to illuminate. Is there a connection there that would be the issue? The passenger side works.

If the blinker works but the marker doesn't, could be you just have a burnt out filament. Have you checked the bulb? Could be that it needs to have a complete circuit in order for the side marker to work.

ORiellys Auto Parts

Cool, thanks.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I was thinking the same thing. Guess I am off to get a bulb to see if it works. Thanks.

Well, before you do anything, just pull out what you have and check it. It's really easy to do and it'll save you time and money if it turns out to not be the case :D

JethroJK

Well I think I have an issue. So it isn't a bulb issue on drivers side parking light/blinker. The blinker is the only thing that works on that side.

Is there a fuse associated with just one side or a connection anyone knows about? Might have to take to dealership and have it looked at.

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
This is what I did. I thought it might be temporary but it works and only cost 4 zip ties.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1371741460.127313.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1371741475.784946.jpg

I honestly think once I paint the wheel wells it will look fine. It doesn't really look all that bad right now.

WAYALIFE APP 🍺

DasBuxxx

I used these exact same lights on my 2012 jku. They work awesome. I ran into the same problem that you did with them not illuminating. If your battery was connected when you installed them you likely popped a fuse. In my 2012 the fuse that is used for the tail lights was the same one that controlled the front flasher located in the grill. Check your fuses and your tail lights.

JethroJK

I used these exact same lights on my 2012 jku. They work awesome. I ran into the same problem that you did with them not illuminating. If your battery was connected when you installed them you likely popped a fuse. In my 2012 the fuse that is used for the tail lights was the same one that controlled the front flasher located in the grill. Check your fuses and your tail lights.

Awesome. Thanks. I will check them tonight. Thanks a lot.

Top Bottom