Drive shaft contacts transmission pan

silverbackjk

I am having a issue with my coast 1310 drive shaft contacting my transmission oil pan. Is the cause of this is my axle needs tp be moved to the drivers side more or taller bump stops?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Have you checked to see if your axle is centered? If it is, you can purposefully set it off center so that you have more clearance or, do what you were suggesting with bump stops.

silverbackjk

Have you checked to see if your axle is centered? If it is, you can purposefully set it off center so that you have more clearance or, do what you were suggesting with bump stops.

What is the best way to measure if your axle is centered? I have used the tire with a level back to the fender flare. Not sure if this is correct.

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
That will work. I was also hitting the pan and skid plate. Did a little trimming but ultimately solved it with a long arm which controlled the axles much better.

biggy

Is this the source of the vibration you have been trying to hunt down and have been discussing in another thread

silverbackjk

That will work. I was also hitting the pan and skid plate. Did a little trimming but ultimately solved it with a long arm which controlled the axles much better.

I wish just not in the budget now

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
I was not able to stop mine from hitting before the long arm, but I am running coilovers with huge flex. I think extending your bumps tops and cheating your axle over to the drivers side.

silverbackjk

I was not able to stop mine from hitting before the long arm, but I am running coilovers with huge flex. I think extending your bumps tops and cheating your axle over to the drivers side.

Thats what i was thinking. How much should i slide the axle over 1/4in?

RanchoRubi

Caught the Bug
Had same issue once I put EVO coil overs and started getting full flex. If the already made suggestions don't work, go with thinner diameter shaft. I had a 2 1/2 ". Now I'm using a a 2"diameter. No issues now.

Top Bottom