Colorado move!!!!

texasdave

So it looks like my wife has gone and done it. She will be the first female branch manager in her company!!!! They are opening a branch in Colorado and we are relocating. I AM VERY STOKED ABOUT THIS!!!!! We have a 10 year old boy and I think this will be perfect for him to get his outdoor knowledge started in the right way. Skiing, snowboarding, mountain bikes......... You name it. Jeep trails a plenty I'm sure!!! Looks like it will be toward the end of the year or the first of next year. Also it is going to be in the Denver area. Any thought or suggestions for this area??? Other than 4 years in California for the Marines, I've always lived in North Texas. Time for a change in my book!!!

Berzerker

Supporting Advertiser TrailJeeps
So it looks like my wife has gone and done it. She will be the first female branch manager in her company!!!! They are opening a branch in Colorado and we are relocating. I AM VERY STOKED ABOUT THIS!!!!! We have a 10 year old boy and I think this will be perfect for him to get his outdoor knowledge started in the right way. Skiing, snowboarding, mountain bikes......... You name it. Jeep trails a plenty I'm sure!!! Looks like it will be toward the end of the year or the first of next year. Also it is going to be in the Denver area. Any thought or suggestions for this area??? Other than 4 years in California for the Marines, I've always lived in North Texas. Time for a change in my book!!!

Sweet, you will LOVE it here!
We should do some wheeling.

texasdave

Thanks!

Not sure yet. It really depends on where the office is going to be located. Don't want her to have to commute across the state ya know... I guess it's time for me to find a new job as well.......:doh:

Berzerker

Thanks!

Not sure yet. It really depends on where the office is going to be located. Don't want her to have to commute across the state ya know... I guess it's time for me to find a new job as well.......:doh:

Well, with the light-rail you can be anywhere in denver in -20 minutes.
I live in littleton its a nice quiet town just south of Denver.
Avoid northwest Aurora, Centennial, and Commerce City.

Actually, Commerce City is a lot like Ramadi in the sense that it smells like death and is run by thugs.

texasdave

So, I'm running a soft top. Do y'all recommend a hardtop for the area during the winter, or is a soft top fine year round??

texasdave

Well, with the light-rail you can be anywhere in denver in -20 minutes.
I live in littleton its a nice quiet town just south of Denver.
Avoid northwest Aurora, Centennial, and Commerce City.

Actually, Commerce City is a lot like Ramadi in the sense that it smells like death and is run by thugs.

Uh, yikes.

Berzerker

Cool. What about the gun laws up there????

Well they are dumb, However no real impact other than huge backlash from voters.
1. Nothing bigger than a 15 round magazine (unless its manufactured before July 2013)
2. No private transfer without a background check.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Sweet! Colorado rocks! My wife and I always went to Colorado Springs on vacation when we lived in Nebraska. Check out The Paint Mines Interpretive Park of Calhan, Colorado. Absolutely beautiful. I have to steal a photo from the net due to my photos on my other computer that took a dump. This is a similar pic like I took.
paint mines.jpg

texasdave

Well they are dumb, However no real impact other than huge backlash from voters.
1. Nothing bigger than a 15 round magazine (unless its manufactured before July 2013)
2. No private transfer without a background check.

Cool. I think Texas concealed carry transfers over. I don't have any AR's or anything, Just pistols, shotguns and deer rifles.

nacho

Very good jeep community out here. You can get in on a run almost every weekend. There are a few factions of jeepers out here. A ton of stock to mild build jeeps that do easy scenic trails, a growing population of mid level stuff and a small group of nutcase hardcore guys.

texasdave

Very cool. I'm looking forward to hitting the trails. There are a couple around here, but I haven't even hit them yet. Mainly just deer ranch stuff so far.

mrmet1983

Good luck sounds like your going to have a blast in Col.

2013 JKUR 4" Enforcer lift w/ 35" fierce attitude MTs , RR modular front bump w/ warnvr8k

Top Bottom