Colorado move!!!!

Congrats, you will love it here. We live south of Denver in Colorado Springs so I can't help with neighborhood ideas but I know Littleton and Parker are nice for sure. Once you get settled and if you have an iPhone or and iPad check out this free app called PDF Maps. It allows you to use the is forest service maps which are in this apps map store for free. They have Forest service maps for the entire state. You can plot waypoints for trails and look up trail heads by GPS. It's a pretty sweet app for the CO jeeper.

Colorado is amazing! Youll love it! Tons of out doors stuff todo its what Colorado stands for!

You have a 10 year old, If you are looking in the Denver area I would suggest avoiding Douglas County School District. It used to be a great and amazing place for kids to go to school one of the best. But the new School Board is dumb and ripping it apart and teachers are leaving and its all falling apart. One giant Charlie Foxtrot. I would suggest Jefferson County for schools at this time, as this is where most of the teachers are going from DCSD. Littleton is a great place, as said before I would avoid Aurora and anything around Colfax Avenue in that area :crazyeyes: . Im not much of a north Denver area guy, Im from the southern area, Highlands Ranch / Littleton area. Other than that the Denver Metro Area is a great place to live, very close to everything. Youll be just a few miles away from Idaho Springs and the Foothills. Hour hour anda half depending on traffic to a few Ski Areas. Plus in the summer time a ton of awesome wheeling!!

Welcome to the best state outa the 50! :thumb:

2012-06-23_15-13-59_267.jpg2012-06-23_15-48-31_101.jpgDSCF1506.jpgDSCF1507.jpg

So, I'm running a soft top. Do y'all recommend a hardtop for the area during the winter, or is a soft top fine year round??

I ran soft tops on my three previous CJ's in wintertime Colorado. The weather there isn't nearly as cold as most folks think. Go to www.funtreks.com and pick up copies of Colorado Backroads, one for Northern CO. and one for Southern CO. Denver is right in the middle of the action. There are lots of great FWD clubs in the area with The Mile High Jeep Club being the oldest (60 yrs) and the biggest. They do everything from family to the hardest hardcore. We're planning a move back home to CO. in the spring. Besides, if you get lonely for Texas, the Southern San Juan Mtns. in Co. are mobbed by Texas families with JK's and big hats during the summertime. Yee-Haa!:yup:

Almost forgot, congrats to your wife on the new and very nice gig. You'll thank her later.

Ok so, yes you are "required" to run a front license plate. I have never been pulled over for not running one.

So my wife went to her meeting today. Looks like we will be moving to the Denver area at the first of the year. Wish it was sooner but either way I'm stoked!!!!
And I think we are gonna look at the Middleton area for a house. Just gotta check out the schools.

Sent from Texas.....
Semper Fi!

Last edited:
I'm jealous, my wife and I had a drastic change in employment and move within the past few months and if it wasn't for family being in Wisconsin we would already be living there. Have fun and congrats!

Best of luck out there. Beware of the Subaru driving libtards and gun control fanatics. Colorado is a beautiful state, especially for jeepin'!

Sent from some trail, somewhere.

I'm jealous, my wife and I had a drastic change in employment and move within the past few months and if it wasn't for family being in Wisconsin we would already be living there. Have fun and congrats!

Sorry to hear that. I've gotta get a job up there. It may work out to where I can work for her company up there, which would be nice. It's a great company and I've worked for them before. THANKS!!

Sorry to hear that. I've gotta get a job up there. It may work out to where I can work for her company up there, which would be nice. It's a great company and I've worked for them before. THANKS!!

Awww, and I was hoping a Texas Daves Roadhouse was about to open just 1 state over from me.:bleh:
Congrats on the move, wish my wife would get transfered to Steamboat.

Awww, and I was hoping a Texas Daves Roadhouse was about to open just 1 state over from me.:bleh:
Congrats on the move, wish my wife would get transfered to Steamboat.

If I could afford culinary school it would happen!!! I love to freaking cook........ I'm just lacking some of the knowledge on certain things. Still may happen though, just in sandwich form :rock:

So what I'm reading is if I already own the magazine over a cap. of 10 I can keep it but anything after the designated date has to be 10 or less. Is that right??

Sent from Texas.....
Semper Fi!

I would encourage you to read all the state and local laws. I moved out from the east coast and was surprised at all the different laws...example...I live in Castle Rock (Douglas County) where it is legal to open carry but that is not the case throughout the state. Another is that you can not have a 30 round loaded mag in Denver city limits. I don't know all of the laws but I have found the local sheriff's office to be very helpful in answering questions regarding firearms if you have trouble finding the right answer.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom