show your sunrise/sunset pictures

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Only an hour & a half now. I bought a commercial zero turn a few years ago & it cut my time by two-thirds. Used to do it with a Ford tractor & a 6' belly mower that took 3-1/2 hours.
Damn! Yeah I have an exmark x series. Its fast but I have a lot to do.

Aceisback

Hooked
You know, I really want to like this pic but I just can't stand the way everything out in the desert is turning to shit with graffiti. I know I know, it's art :rolleyes:
I have to agree, especially having spent twenty eight years out in 29 Palms. There is so much cool abandoned history in the desert but no matter whether it’s old mining buildings and structures, homesteads, cars/trucks, it’s all getting trashed. I wish I had the ability to remove all of the graffiti and trash.
Jails and prisons are full of people who should be keeping America beautiful. Roadsides, under/overpasses, fields, didn’t used to look like this back when we saw the Orange jumpsuit crews out and about.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have to agree, especially having spent twenty eight years out in 29 Palms. There is so much cool abandoned history in the desert but no matter whether it’s old mining buildings and structures, homesteads, cars/trucks, it’s all getting trashed. I wish I had the ability to remove all of the graffiti and trash.
Jails and prisons are full of people who should be keeping America beautiful. Roadsides, under/overpasses, fields, didn’t used to look like this back when we saw the Orange jumpsuit crews out and about.
I agree. Unfortunately, people will do what they're allowed to do and worse, this kind of shit is now glorified on social media. There are literally facebook, instagram and reddit groups dedicated to showing off this 'art' and now, more and more of mainstream America is not only accepting it, they're embracing it as being 'cool'. Not too long ago, a popular Nevadan social media whore posted up pics of a ghost town I love with some bullshit graffiti painted on it and made a comment about how awesome the 'art' is. It pissed me off so much, I did what I never do and posted up on her IG account about how it was really 'sad to see'. She then proceeded to give me shit for being so closed minded. It was then I decided to stop using IG.

More now than ever before, I personally try to not post up pics of this kind of shit because I don't want to encourage the stupidness.

Having been through there and all over the SoCal desert a fair amount, it seems to be much more apparent more so in recent years especially I feel like.

Top Bottom