Building Clutch's Battle Station

Clutch

Caught the Bug
During the process I had to put on a new steering stabilizer and although it wasn't completely necessary, I added synergy's fixed front lower control arms. So far so good.

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Next mod will be 35's/315s. I'm torn between the Nitto Ridge Grapplers, Cooper SST Pros, and Toyo RTs. Although, it's not exactly a daily driver, I'm building it as such. I have about a 25 mile highway drive each way, so that is playing into my choice.

Any feedback?

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
Well, I ended up selling my 2" evo coils to Stotch and adding a 2" spacer instead because I have no plans for a heavy front bumper. While doing the lift I ended up having 2 occasions of death wobble. I tried to troubleshoot a bit, but was worn down and ended up taking it into the shop. Turned out it was just a semi- loose track bar at the axle side.:icon_crazy: Rookie mistake!

Glad you got it figured out! Have you decided on a front bumper yet?

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Need help with choosing tires

Next mod will be 35's/315s. I'm torn between the Nitto Ridge Grapplers, Cooper SST Pros, and Toyo RTs. Although, it's not exactly a daily driver, I'm building it as such. I have about a 25 mile highway drive each way, so that is playing into my choice.

Any feedback?

Bump for tire suggestions.

Clutch

Caught the Bug
How often are you Offroad and what type of wheeling is it? To me, it sounds like a good A/T may fit your bill, but give us some more info.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Well truth be told, not as much as id like (goal 10, reality is about 4-5). The terrain at SMORR and Flat Nasty is probably similar to Windrock; creek beds and some rocky, rutted out climbs.

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Changed the front and rear diff fluid last weekend. The rear was in bad shape, pretty sure it hasn't been touched in 45k, but there were no metal shavings in either one. Over the weekend the plan was to add exhaust spacers but due to rust issues that didn't happen, I used a ton of Liquid Wench, so I think we'll be back on track next weekend. It looks like a simple install outside of getting tose rusty bolts free!

Clutch

Caught the Bug
So in the next few months I plan on doing a few modifications. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

JKS JSpec 2.5" coils and Rear Trackbar bracket. If the lift gives me over 3" or so, I'm going to get a draglink flip kit.
Falken Wild Peak MT 315/70R17
I think I've decided to return the exhaust spacer and just get an Adams Front Driveshaft.
Crown brakelines, I hate using brakeline extension brackets plus I still have the metal bracket that locks the brakeline in the lower spring perch. And I want that out of there.
Rancho 7000's. The front will be for 2-3" lift. However, I'm thinking the rears will be the "no lift" ones, since I have the Evo Rockstars back there.

What do you guys think? Am I missing anything? Is getting a front driveshaft overkill, or should I just do the Exhaust spacer? I heard that some people have a tough time dealing with exhuast leaks, which is why I'd just prefer the driveshaft.

Last edited:

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Big things happened this week! Merry Christmas to me! IMG_20161203_142803649.jpg

And here's a pic a la carolinajk IMG_20161203_142822298.jpg

Thanks to Trainwreck618 on the great deal on the Nitto TG's and Slabs.

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
Top Bottom