Sok66 / Jerry McGeorge - Eddie is a Dick and I Have PROUDLY BEEN SELF Banned Again

SoK66

Self-Banned
LOL!! Spoken like a true TeraFlex fanboy. Obviously, you can tell all that from looking at this photo. And, let's assume for just a moment that you're right, that he followed TeraFlex's stupid instructions and that's why it BROKE, how exactly that would have been his fault is beyond me. But, I digress. Fact of the matter is, I installed my old Full Traction lift on his jeep and just used a Teraflex track bar. I was also one of the first person to recognize that TeraFlex's instructions were terrible and gave bad measurements. In fact, if you read my write-up for their lift, you will see that I give measurements that are far from what they instruct.

Well, yeah, I do kinda like Teraflex and their products, but I also have also installed some other guys' stuff that's out there running around that I like as well. Just hate to see incorrect accusations leveled that are unwarranted. That TF bar the guy's holding broke because of component interference, plain & simple.

As far as YOUR control arm settings go, I did indeed notice the change you made which tipped us off that TF's instructions were on the moon as far as the front control arm lengths go. On TF kit installs we use Synergy's front settings, which in most cases are a bit closer than your 23" recommendation, but within hair splitting difference. FYI, I sent Tera an e-mail noting that their specs were not only incorrect, but that the ones in the suspension kits differ from the ones that come with the control arms. Best I can tell they've never corrected either, which is a bad mark on them. We often read guys gripes online about their TF kit having bad handling, component interference, front spring bow, etc. and always try to tip them off about the issue. In every instance pulling those front arms back solves the issues.

LOL!! How precise is the centering if your axle when your gas tank is topped off, rig filled with gear and carrying a full load of people?

Well, buddy, I'll let you do the tape measure work and I think you'll be impressed. It's dead on the frickin' money side to side, set with my full trail load and a half tank of fuel. Centering with Teraflex's bars and 9/16" hardened bolts has been completely set & forget, they never move.

You'll forgive me if I'm not impressed.

Gee, sorry. But now that I think on it we haven't seen you out on Blanca or down in Farmington, have we? ;-)

Funny, I have seen plenty of rigs set up right with Teraflex lifts and have all kinds of problems including the one I ran. But hey, that's just me.

Well, I've seen RK, Synergy, EVO and others just as screwed up and broken as Hogan's Goat, from weak links in the various manufacturers' designs and bad installations. Why, heck, we even passed you a couple years ago when you were all broken down on Golden Spike after your Synergy front bar snapped on Double Whammy. My Tearflex equipped rig walked right on over it no problem. Front bar didn't snap, either.

Lol, in the end we all have our favorites, obviously TF isn't yours. ;-)

upnover

You do know Evo 1 races KOH and vegas to reno with a factory trackbar and every wheeling trip in between.

Perhaps we should call Mel and tell him the dangers...

I thought he broke one on the last race?

Does anyone know how often he replaces them? I am sure he does some form of maintenance on all those items, so not sure what exactly he does to help prevent any failures.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Well, yeah, I do kinda like Teraflex and their products, but I also have also installed some other guys' stuff that's out there running around that I like as well. Just hate to see incorrect accusations leveled that are unwarranted. That TF bar the guy's holding broke because of component interference, plain & simple.

As far as YOUR control arm settings go, I did indeed notice the change you made which tipped us off that TF's instructions were on the moon as far as the front control arm lengths go. On TF kit installs we use Synergy's front settings, which in most cases are a bit closer than your 23" recommendation, but within hair splitting difference. FYI, I sent Tera an e-mail noting that their specs were not only incorrect, but that the ones in the suspension kits differ from the ones that come with the control arms. Best I can tell they've never corrected either, which is a bad mark on them. We often read guys gripes online about their TF kit having bad handling, component interference, front spring bow, etc. and always try to tip them off about the issue. In every instance pulling those front arms back solves the issues.

Well, buddy, I'll let you do the tape measure work and I think you'll be impressed. It's dead on the frickin' money side to side, set with my full trail load and a half tank of fuel. Centering with Teraflex's bars and 9/16" hardened bolts has been completely set & forget, they never move.

Gee, sorry. But now that I think on it we haven't seen you out on Blanca or down in Farmington, have we? ;-)

Well, I've seen RK, Synergy, EVO and others just as screwed up and broken as Hogan's Goat, from weak links in the various manufacturers' designs and bad installations. Why, heck, we even passed you a couple years ago when you were all broken down on Golden Spike after your Synergy front bar snapped on Double Whammy. My Tearflex equipped rig walked right on over it no problem. Front bar didn't snap, either.

What company do you work for? Just curious.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass

Does anyone know how often he replaces them? I am sure he does some form of maintenance on all those items, so not sure what exactly he does to help prevent any failures.

He did break it after who knows how many races and jkx's, ultimate adventures..They inspect, maintain etc before and after races.

The point is they are strong or he would not run it. His jk is built just like he sells/installs the kits in the shop.

To prove how strong the parts are. There is not another company that tests the products like he does.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass

This is a ton of bullshit all wrapped in one post.

Eddie has never ever or will ever run synergy. 😂. Save your sales pitch for some other place that believes it.

SoK66

Self-Banned
This is a ton of bullshit all wrapped in one post.

Eddie has never ever or will ever run synergy. . Save your sales pitch for some other place that believes it.

Well, it was pretty well documented by Eddie that he broke a Synergy bar that day, which was why we saw Moby dead on Golden Spike, and that Synergy guys gave him theirs so he could get down off the trail.

BTW, who's selling anything?

SoK66

Self-Banned
I figured that much. You made that pretty obvious by the shit spewing from your keyboard.

I asked who you work for. Not what you do.

I work for me, pal, and last time I looked I didn't insult you. If you'd like to be sent running home screaming for your mommy, wet little underpants & all, get me started.

sean.m.adams33

No need to be hostile. You keep saying we and us as if referring to a "company" you work for. I don't see the need of replacing the stock track bar as it is so well tested by many manufacturers including jeep. But if there's money to be made most companies will add .25 thickness and use some sort strength paranoia to their advantage. This is just my opinion and means absolutely nothing out here on the Internet.

ttfhell

I work for me, pal, and last time I looked I didn't insult you. If you'd like to be sent running home screaming for your mommy, wet little underpants & all, get me started.
He doesn't wear underpants.... How does someone send someone running home though? From a keyboard? Is there a button for that or do you write in ALL CAPS?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

When did I say you insulted me. Since your too dense to figure it out, what is the name of your company?

In case you were not aware, business are not allowed here unless you are an advertiser.

That would be a little weird if I went home to my mom a little wet, no? Is that what y'all do in Colorado? I thought it was weed not incest.

MTG

Caught the Bug
When did I say you insulted me. Since your too dense to figure it out, what is the name of your company?

In case you were not aware, business are not allowed here unless you are an advertiser.

That would be a little weird if I went home to my mom a little wet, no? Is that what y'all do in Colorado? I thought it was weed not incest.

I could be wrong but I think he was talking about his mom's underpants being all wet after you got there. :idontknow:

munstie

He really loves TF. ..

Sent from my SM-G900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1412993390840.jpg
    1412993390840.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 241

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

I agree, I hate incorrect accusations and being that you have NOT seen this break for yourself, YOU are the only one who can make an "accusation" here. I on the other hand can "state" what I have seen time and time again. Fact of the matter is, if this really were an install error as you seem to want to believe, there would be no reason for Teraflex to redesign their awesome track bar. :naw:

As far as YOUR control arm settings go, I did indeed notice the change you made which tipped us off that TF's instructions were on the moon as far as the front control arm lengths go. On TF kit installs we use Synergy's front settings, which in most cases are a bit closer than your 23" recommendation, but within hair splitting difference.

Ummm, the 23" I state is just a "starting point" as your actual ride height would ultimately determine your final length. Contrary to what you seem to think, control arm length isn't as absolute static number that everyone will need to use.

FYI, I sent Tera an e-mail noting that their specs were not only incorrect, but that the ones in the suspension kits differ from the ones that come with the control arms. Best I can tell they've never corrected either, which is a bad mark on them. We often read guys gripes online about their TF kit having bad handling, component interference, front spring bow, etc. and always try to tip them off about the issue. In every instance pulling those front arms back solves the issues.

Who the hell is "WE"?

Well, either you're a moron who doesn't realize that the position of your axle will MOVE depending on how much you are loaded or unloaded as its just the nature of a solid axle with a track bar OR, your Teraflex coils are so stupid stiff that they don't compress under a load.

Never said that the wheeling you have out there isn't impressive, just that you "telling" me this is where you wheel doesn't. :naw:

Funny, for a guy who claims to have seen me broken down on Double Whammy, I don't know how you could get a detail like what I actually broke so wrong. I mean, you'd either have to have been blind or LYING about having actually been there.

You're right, you would recommend that people would buy a track bar that has been proven to break on multiple occasions and of which the manufacture TeraFlex will blame the customer for it and I am recommending that people just use their factory track bar which has proven to be very strong and FREE! :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

That was the very first track bar he ever broke and the first we ever saw. Granted, EVO 1 is an Ultra 4 race rig and a factory track bar is still what Mel prefers to run. This in spite of the fact that he can make or run anything.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well, it was pretty well documented by Eddie that he broke a Synergy bar that day, which was why we saw Moby dead on Golden Spike, and that Synergy guys gave him theirs so he could get down off the trail.

LOL!! By all means, being that I did such a great job of documenting this "synergy" break, perhaps you can point me to where I can read about it. The fact that the guys from synergy would have actually helped me out is just so amazing, this work of fiction must be Pulitzer Prize winning material.

BTW, who's selling anything?

You my friend - a whole lot of BS. LOL

Top Bottom