SHINY or BLACK : Aftermarket Jeep Wheels Survey

SHINY or BLACK - What kind of wheels do You Prefer?

• SHINY Wheels

Votes: 50 36.8%
  • BLACK Wheels

Votes: 86 63.2%

• Total voters

fiend

Caught the Bug
Raw aluminum looks good new, but it’s going to tarnish and look like shit before long, especially in the mid west or east coast, unless you put a lot of work into cleaning and polishing.

Vote: black

Last edited:

USAFChiefretd

Shiny or Black?

Though I do like the shiny look, I think the black looks better on my Ocean Blue JLUR.

Attachments

• ECDFD3F5-71D6-4B28-8C0C-80CBAA666D49.jpg
    ECDFD3F5-71D6-4B28-8C0C-80CBAA666D49.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 115

sm31

I'm normally a hardcore brushed aluminum fan... but I'm picking up my new (to me) 2011 JKUR on Friday. The paint scheme is "sahara tan" with a black grill (Willys style?), top, and fenders. Seems like black or aluminum would both look great in this case. I'm so torn!!!

19YJ94

Caught the Bug
I am going to vote shiny. Been looking at bronze colored wheels to offset all the white and black on my Jeep.

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
I think for me it would depend on the jeep. I like shiny on classic jeeps but what you have on jet li and Moby look great, maybe its the white color on the jeep. I have black and goes well with my anvil although I'm thinking of bronzing them just to get away from the black. As far as voting goes, shiny wins I just don't think I could pull it off with my jeep.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Bierpower

Hooked
I chose black because I couldn't see myself getting bare metal colored wheels. I wouldn't get black either but I'm a fan of the gunmetal type color so i figured that was more the black category. I like the look of the darker wheel but when they are completely black and blend in with the tire it looks like your rolling around on giant burnt marshmallows. They don't add to the look of the vehicle, they're just there.

jdofmemi

I've had shiny, now it's faded to just dull. That's on my old Toyota

The Jeep has black with gold rock rings. I didn't think I liked it at first, but it is the only one around I have seen with gold, so it has grown on me, and now I like it.

For the wheels, I like the black, but not for every rig. Some just look better with shiny bits on them.

How's that for straddling the fence 😁

wjtstudios

Hooked
I agree...and chrome does look better on older iron in my opinion...

I completely agree. Chrome looks horrible on anything other than a CJ. The PO that I bought it from 22 years ago had polished aluminum wheels on it. I didn’t have the originals but this is the way it came from the factory with the Laredo package. The other chrome details, he added, I’m keeping. I still love the way it looks.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom