"Cheap" Warn vs "Top end" Smittybilt winch questions

DH2002

I got a Smitty winch only cause I won it in a raffle but if you plan on using it often esp if you wheel alone then remember "Buy once, cry once"

Brent sims

Sorry for being up an old topic I was just looking for a little help and to see if anyone had a New experience recently with either brain but it looks like not everyone one likes to give advice and help someone out that’s just trying to make the rite Choice

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Sorry for being up an old topic I was just looking for a little help and to see if anyone had a New experience recently with either brain but it looks like not everyone one likes to give advice and help someone out that’s just trying to make the rite Choice

Usually people will only give back as much effort as someone else puts in... it's a give/take kinda deal. Brains are funny like that.

As far as which BRANDS are concerned, try the thread offered 4 posts back, it's as recent as last week IIRC... if all else fails, try the search function or good ol' Google... who knows, you might find whatever it is you are looking for...

sent from SPACE!
DZZ Build thread

Last edited:

sipafz

Caught the Bug
"Cheap" Warn vs "Top end" Smittybilt winch questions

^^ This.

Why do you need a winch anyway?

Maybe stop at the wave sub-forum and introduce yourself?

Welcome to Wayalife.

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King

I merged your thread here. Start from the beginning. May the force be with you.

catahoula

Caught the Bug

Brent welcome!

My first winch I purchased after reading the Four Wheeler review, It was an Engo 9000. Engo customer service was awesome. I would call them up and they would send me free boots when I needed them. They were very helpfuI when I inquired about moving my solenoid to under the hood. I did not want to purchase a more expensive brand because for one I run service and logging roads. I believe I had that winch for about 6-7 years? Worked fine and sold it for $75 when I paid $289 for it new. I got into an accident and they replaced with an Quadratec Stealth 9500 with a synthetic line went for around $500 even though I just needed a cable and fairlead. Most would say shoulda bought a Warn. My answer would be fuck you its my money not yours. I have nothing against Warn or any other brands. I would look at how you use and run your jeep personally. You see a jeeper with a winch on theirs stop and ask their opinion. I bet you will get an honest answer. Many out there has used all different brands and many have lasted a long time. Buying a less expensive one might get you a slower and noisier one yet you could save money for more things which is what I did, If you maintain it it could last longer. I believe Cozdude has an "other" winch and has been happy with it. I read and researched my purchased and it worked for me. I look at it like this. If the other winches were as bad as some say then why are they still selling them? This has been argued on probably every forum out there with any type of vehicle. I guarantee most who buy either will not use or rarely use it. Just like coil overs and those crazy suspensions. Most buy just to say "hey I got coil overs" and they never used them to their full potential. To add Warn came out with their version of the "other" type of winch to compete with them as well. Hope this helps you a bit. DAWG!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Sorry, it's not that you brought up an old topic, you brought up a topic we were still discussing on another thread. You'll have to be forgiving if some of us find it funny.

That being said, you have to know that there are people who sit on both sides of the isle and you'll have to decide what it is you're hoping to hear.

benatc1

Hooked
Being this was brought up I have a “cheap” Warn and it worked over and over and over again on the Rubicon a few weeks ago. Not to mention it pulled strong and fast.

WJCO

Meme King
When did Zeon’s get so expensive? Looks they are about $1250 these days![emoji853]

When I bought my 8s about 4years ago, they were about the same price. I paid around 1200 for mine. I think that 850 thing was a short term promotion that someone was running.

Clutch

Caught the Bug
When I bought my 8s about 4years ago, they were about the same price. I paid around 1200 for mine. I think that 850 thing was a short term promotion that someone was running.

So you're saying there's still a chance!

USMC Wrangler

Correct. I got mine for the $850 December 2016 during 4wd.com’s 12 days of Christmas sale. I haven’t seen it that low since, but I haven’t really looked either.

Top Bottom