WRITE-UP : WAYALIFE ACM - Jeep JL / JT Under the Hood ARB Air Compressor Mount

Kruncher

Going to the Jeep dealership this am; if they have the clips in stock, I'll replace the ones I broke off and take some more pics.

Broke off some clips on my rear fender climbing around, tying a tv down to the roof rack. Haha ... my wife just shakes her head most of the time!

Kruncher

Yeah, I was trying to find a place I could zip tie the connector, doing as you wrote, freeing up some slack. There's not much to grab ahold of.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I was trying to find a place I could zip tie the connector, doing as you wrote, freeing up some slack. There's not much to grab ahold of.
I was thinking more about freeing the connector from the metal bracket. That would give you more slack. Either way, I appreciate you sharing how you addressed this.

Kruncher

I'll play around with it next month; we are going on a sailing vacation tomorrow am, I just needed to put Humpty Dumpty back together before little mama starting swinging.

Kruncher

I put the air chuck where you did, great location, angled down and a little aft (so the air hose can connect). I didn't have a chuck cover though ... at least one did not come with the kit. Rubber bands and a sandwich bag for the "temporary bandaid!"

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I put the air chuck where you did, great location, angled down and a little aft (so the air hose can connect). I didn't have a chuck cover though ... at least one did not come with the kit. Rubber bands and a sandwich bag for the "temporary bandaid!"
These things are pretty cool

Kruncher

Turns out, I broke more than 3 of my plastic connectors (taking the fender off). Think I broke them all!

The tabs should look like this: Mine looked like a "half Christmas" tree!
Jeep fender tabs.jpg

If the rain stops before too much longer, I'll "tear" the fender off and snap some pics of the "O2 Sensor" cable above and behind the heat shield. I'd put the jeep in the garage, but getting my windshield replaced on another car ... can't win!

However, we are in pack mode ... so this may have to wait 'til we get back.

Kruncher

There is enough room, just need to take that cable off the black hook and it'll stretch well enough to go over the ARB. And I have the ARB as high as possible. The heat shield is actually the pinch point.

Trail Bud

Hooked
These things are pretty cool

This company is a joke. Ordered one April 5th and still don’t have one today April 19. He did charge my card immediately though. 2-emails nothing. 1- text and tried calling but mail box is full.
says he’s a one man shop. I ran a one man shop for years. If I did what he did I’d be out of business. Going to dispute the charge.
So beware.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This company is a joke. Ordered one April 5th and still don’t have one today April 19. He did charge my card immediately though. 2-emails nothing. 1- text and tried calling but mail box is full.
says he’s a one man shop. I ran a one man shop for years. If I did what he did I’d be out of business. Going to dispute the charge.
So beware.
Okay, glad you chimed in with this. I actually placed an order for one soon after making that post as well and still haven't got mine either. Guess I'll be disputing my charge as well. Shame.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So, I sent a final email to the guy asking to have my order cancelled and refunded. If I don't hear back from him by Friday, I will dispute the charge. Sucks that he turned out to be such a flake and sorry for recommending him in the first place.

Trail Bud

Hooked
So, I sent a final email to the guy asking to have my order cancelled and refunded. If I don't hear back from him by Friday, I will dispute the charge. Sucks that he turned out to be such a flake and sorry for recommending him in the first place.
I’m trying to give the guy a break. All I want to know is when, then I’ll wait. I don’t want to beat on him, but I’m/we’re getting put into a corner.

if you hear something let me know. I’ll do the same.

So beware.
It says "Expected release date: April 23rd" and the option says "pre-order".

Top Bottom