Smoking Meat -- Tips, Opinions, Recipes

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Whats the goal at 35 days? I do understand the aging things is that all your doing or something specific?

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yeah just dry aging it. It’s a special dry age vacuum bag. It’s umai bag.

How much water will that cut lose over a month?

Not sure since I e never done this before. This is a smaller ribeye roast since it’s from a smaller pasture raised, non GMO, non antibiotic cow. I kind of wanted to do a feed lot cow at the same time as this to see the difference but didn’t. Maybe next time.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Built a wind break 🤣

Got a good size butt on and trying my first experiment at smoked Mac and cheese.
IMG_9717.jpg
IMG_9726.jpg
IMG_9728.jpg

Happy Halloween

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

JKbrick

How was the mac n cheese? There is a bbq place here that has that and it’s awesome stuff. A diff place here does it with jalapeño and chopped chicken, almost as good but not quite

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

It wasnt bad. I think I left it on a bit too long. And after I already started I read a tip not to fully cook the macaroni. It’s worth trying again.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

JAGS

Hooked
Just pulled the trigger on my first smoker. Technically the wife did for a past due Bday/fathers day gift. Not sure when it will come in, but I’ll be post up when it arrives.

I’ll be asking a lot of questions and reading up more on this thread and elsewhere online. Looking forward to learning and eating some great food.

WJCO

Meme King
Just pulled the trigger on my first smoker. Technically the wife did for a past due Bday/fathers day gift. Not sure when it will come in, but I’ll be post up when it arrives.

Congrats. That's awesome.

Slimebones

I’ll be asking a lot of questions and reading up more on this thread and elsewhere online. Looking forward to learning and eating some great food.

Makes great food really simple. One of the best things I have ever purchased..

Top Bottom