WAYALIFE New Year's Kick Off Run 2019 - SIGN UP

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Holy hell Brute! :shock: :crazyeyes: :cheesy:

Okay, for the rest of us normal people, please keep them coming as it's great to see where everyone is coming from :thumb:

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Still struggling with the CB . Added the grounding strap and SWR is still off the charts above 3. Next step is trying a new coax cable and a multimeter for diagnosis . Any chance the radio (cobra 75) could be bad?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

BaddestCross

Still struggling with the CB . Added the grounding strap and SWR is still off the charts above 3. Next step is trying a new coax cable and a multimeter for diagnosis . Any chance the radio (cobra 75) could be bad?

What kind of cable and antenna do you have? I run the same CB and had bad luck with the fire ring cable and their 3' antenna. I had to get a coax with standard connectors and a 4' antenna to get it to work well.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

TrailHunter

Hooked

The bracket the antennae is attached to... is it painted? Did you expose the metal? Is your ground at the control box solid to clean metal as well?

TrailHunter

Hooked
What kind of cable and antenna do you have? I run the same CB and had bad luck with the fire ring cable and their 3' antenna. I had to get a coax with standard connectors and a 4' antenna to get it to work well.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

I have the cobra 75, standard connector, an aluminum bracket, 3’ firestick with the adjuster on the tip... ground wire at controller to the body behind the glovebox and its worked perfect with very little adjustment needed.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just so that we're all on the same page, you are making sure that the shoulders of the nylon washer are seated inside the mount hole, right? It's critical that the stud does NOT make contact with the mount and that nylon washer is designed to help prevent that.

danford.lau

Caught the Bug

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
The bracket the antennae is attached to... is it painted? Did you expose the metal? Is your ground at the control box solid to clean metal as well?

Teraflex bracket is painted . I scraped off powder coating on the hose where antenna is mounted but didn’t do this with other bolts to tailgate yet ... figured the grounding strap would solve this ..

Ground is at control box in glovebox . Ground runs to battery

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Just so that we're all on the same page, you are making sure that the shoulders of the nylon washer are seated inside the mount hole, right? It's critical that the stud does NOT make contact with the mount and that nylon washer is designed to help prevent that.

Yes running 1 nylon washer with the shoulders down into hole . I’m gonna post some photos of the setup tomorrow . Have day off and will try to get to the bottom of this tomorrow

Top Bottom