Banks/Money Managment

Brute

Hooked
So what’s your read ? Doubling down right now or markets still dropping ? This virus hasn’t played itself out yet and I feel like it’ll get worse before rebounding ..

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

You’ll never buy at the bottom, unless you are extremely lucky.

I have bought a few shares here and there to help lower my cost basis, but I feel like it is going to get much worse in terms of the global impact. An analyst said the Virus had the same characteristics as the Spanish flu of 1918. The flu was not too bad in the spring, died off in the summer, then came back in the fall/winter to wreak havoc. So we will see.

Remember it’s time in the market not timing the market.

Yep. I know a few things about the oil industry and I can tell you for certainty that most oil and gas corporations can not sustain these prices long term. That’s the scary part. Even scarier is a lot of the shale oil companies partnered with Chinese investors...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Your best bet is to stay in and not be tempted to take a cash position...even if you think you can time the dip. In every investment year, there are 20 critical
days that make or break the entire year...and if you constantly try to outsmart the market by pulling your money in and out, you most likely will miss the most important days to have your money in...

Brute

Hooked
The oil industry is in serious trouble...crude oil prices are approaching cost per barrel prices from 30 years ago...the Saudi’s and the Russians are duking it out...

Your best bet is to stay in and not be tempted to take a cash position...even if you think you can time the dip. In every investment year, there are 20 critical
days that make or break the entire year...and if you constantly try to outsmart the market by pulling your money in and out, you most likely will miss the most important days to have your money in...

All about time in the market. Not timing the market. [emoji106]

A.J.

Yep. Stay in for the long term. Boring as hell but that’s the way to look at it. It’s funny I have a good friend that is a financial advisor (family business) and we were talking about this happening 3 weeks ago. I need to call and tell him “told you so” lol! It’s been a steady bull market for too long. I was hoping it would hold through the coming elections. Coincidentally it is perfect timing for the Democratic Party. Might actually help them have a chance to unseat Trump. Will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE

Exodus 4x4

The oil industry is in serious trouble...crude oil prices are approaching cost per barrel prices from 30 years ago...the Saudi’s and the Russians are duking it out...

Yes and no. In 2016 the price hit as low as $26/bbl and hung around for a while there. Most oil companies that are large enough to guarantee a certain amount of production per day are able to hedge the prices for the entire year, and sometimes longer. The real trouble is the amount of debt most of these companies have taken on by foreign countries, namely China. I don’t have to explain what will happen if they start failing.

Brute

Hooked
Yes and no. In 2016 the price hit as low as $26/bbl and hung around for a while there. Most oil companies that are large enough to guarantee a certain amount of production per day are able to hedge the prices for the entire year, and sometimes longer. The real trouble is the amount of debt most of these companies have taken on by foreign countries, namely China. I don’t have to explain what will happen if they start failing.

Within a week, it’s going to get that low...and possibly lower. Russia is cash poor right now, and it’s biggest money maker is oil; so they are going to increase production, opposite of what OPEC wants...so the Saudi’s retaliate by slashing prices...and the American shale oil industry is about to nose dive because of it...this may have a worse effect on our economy than the Coronavirus...

fiend

Caught the Bug
Within a week, it’s going to get that low...and possibly lower. Russia is cash poor right now, and it’s biggest money maker is oil; so they are going to increase production, opposite of what OPEC wants...so the Saudi’s retaliate by slashing prices...and the American shale oil industry is about to nose dive because of it...this may have a worse effect on our economy than the Coronavirus...

As Trump gets nervous about losing the election, he will impose measures primarily calculated to benefit himself politically. For example, tariffs on imported oil to protect the US energy sector in election-important states.

Last edited:

Brute

Hooked
As Trump gets nervous about losing the election, he will impose measures primarily calculated to benefit himself politically. For example, tariffs on imported oil to protect the US energy sector in election-important states.

Except he owes money to a couple very wealthy Saudi’s & Russians...

Brute

Hooked
Sounds like a hoax propagated by the do nothing Democrats and the mainstream media, which we all know is the enemy of the people.

Bingo!

Sent from my SM-G975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

When somebody has filed 6 bankruptcies, and not a single US bank will loan you a dime, you have to get your money somewhere...like Deutsche Bank...do you think any bank would loan you money on a large project after you bilked creditors (banks) out of hundreds of millions of dollars?...no bank would...unless it was backed from a cash source...and it didn’t come from the US...

fiend

Caught the Bug
When somebody has filed 6 bankruptcies, and not a single US bank will loan you a dime, you have to get your money somewhere...like Deutsche Bank...do you think any bank would loan you money on a large project after you bilked creditors (banks) out of hundreds of millions of dollars?...no bank would...unless it was backed from a cash source...and it didn’t come from the US...

I blame Hunter Biden.

Exodus 4x4

Tariffs or worse, trigger a conflict in a strategic location in the Middle East. Nothing drives the price of oil like a good ol’ fashioned war or natural disaster.

WJCO

Meme King
Tariffs or worse, trigger a conflict in a strategic location in the Middle East. Nothing drives the price of oil like a good ol’ fashioned war or natural disaster.

Of course that's going to happen.

'When all else fails, they'll take you to war.'

Exodus 4x4

The nose dive will have to last several months and possibly into the next year. Like I said, most large producers are hedged in the $60/bbl range throughout the rest of the year. They’ll laugh their way through this and everyone will continue paying the same price at the pump while they scratch their heads. Now if it continues into the fall then they’ll start getting nervous. I honestly don’t see this lasting very long though. I expect to see prices back to $50/bbl by this summer, somehow.

jdofmemi

Them drums are going to get louder and louder.

I'm betting it will have to start pretty soon, so as to be fully engaged by November

Top Bottom