Banks/Money Managment

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
For those of us who are new to investing: do you have any advice on what brokerage service to use or particular stocks I should be looking at?
There’s so many trading services that it’ll make your head spin trying to figure out which is better.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

fiend

Caught the Bug
For those of us who are new to investing: do you have any advice on what brokerage service to use or particular stocks I should be looking at?
There’s so many trading services that it’ll make your head spin trying to figure out which is better.

The safest and easiest thing to do is a low fee, retirement date index fund. Fidelity and/or Vanguard has them. Diversified, low cost, self-balancing.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
I've been waiting for this for awhile...whatever goes up, must eventually come down...it just needed an event to trigger a sell off and market correction...however, the good news is whatever goes down must come up... eventually. The trick is how to time the dip to re-enter the market...

I could have built 10 killer JT's with my market losses in the last three days...but I expect to make it all back (and then some) before the end of the year. If you panic and join the sell off, you make patient investors like me rich...good things come to those that wait...

So what’s your read ? Doubling down right now or markets still dropping ? This virus hasn’t played itself out yet and I feel like it’ll get worse before rebounding ..

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

The safest and easiest thing to do is a low fee, retirement date index fund. Fidelity and/or Vanguard has them. Diversified, low cost, self-balancing.

Excellent advice, from Fiend. Crawl before walk, and walk before you run. Read, learn, subscribe to Morningstar.

Fidelity has excellent low cost funds, a nice app, and no charge trades.

uberc4

So what’s your read ? Doubling down right now or markets still dropping ? This virus hasn’t played itself out yet and I feel like it’ll get worse before rebounding ..

I have bought a few shares here and there to help lower my cost basis, but I feel like it is going to get much worse in terms of the global impact. An analyst said the Virus had the same characteristics as the Spanish flu of 1918. The flu was not too bad in the spring, died off in the summer, then came back in the fall/winter to wreak havoc. So we will see.

Remember it’s time in the market not timing the market.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug

Excellent advice, from Fiend. Crawl before walk, and walk before you run. Read, learn, subscribe to Morningstar.

Fidelity has excellent low cost funds, a nice app, and no charge trades.

Thanks guys! I’ll look into Morningstar and Fidelity.

notnalc68

I have bought a few shares here and there to help lower my cost basis, but I feel like it is going to get much worse in terms of the global impact. An analyst said the Virus had the same characteristics as the Spanish flu of 1918. The flu was not too bad in the spring, died off in the summer, then came back in the fall/winter to wreak havoc. So we will see.

Remember it’s time in the market not timing the market.

I wouldn’t sweat this virus much. I certainly wouldn’t listen to a market analyst about a disease. The regular flu has hospitalized 310,000 people, and killed 2,900 in the USA this year. Most people aren’t concerned enough to get a flu shot.

JKbrick

If you use an investor I found out the hard way to use a fiduciary. They take an oath to do what is in your best interest not their best interest

Noble Woodsman

If you use an investor I found out the hard way to use a fiduciary. They take an oath to do what is in your best interest not their best interest

I wouldnt trust that oath. There is no legal obligation for them to abide by it, nor is there a clear definition of "best interest"

Noble Woodsman

I wouldn’t sweat this virus much. I certainly wouldn’t listen to a market analyst about a disease. The regular flu has hospitalized 310,000 people, and killed 2,900 in the USA this year. Most people aren’t concerned enough to get a flu shot.

I agree completely. IMO the markets have been overdue for a correction for several years now, and the corona virus is just the latest perturbation to trigger it. I dont thing the coronavirus itself is the issue, but rather the economical impact that the quarantines have had on China's Q1 economy are the bigger problem. The death rate is around 5%, and even SARs was higher at around 7% or something.

My personal prediction has been the same for the last five years: a global recession will happen within 6 months of the 2020 US presidential election. Not sure if it will be before or after, but political fallout will be crazy either way.

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug

If you are looking for advice on stocks from a Jeep forum you need to stay with mutual funds or take the time to really learn and research stocks on a continual basis. It is not something you just get lucky at over the long haul without putting in the work.

notnalc68

If you are looking for advice on stocks from a Jeep forum you need to stay with mutual funds or take the time to really learn and research stocks on a continual basis. It is not something you just get lucky at over the long haul without putting in the work.

Good advice. I’ve had to learn some things the hard way.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug

Lol fair enough. I’ve done a good bit of research. Have a mutual fund going through my credit union. Even went back to college taking night classes for finance. It’s not so much the stocks or strategy, it’s more so that most things I’ve read have thrown out 5-10 different brokerage companies. So I like seeing what others use and if they have specific things they’ve found the hard way not to do.

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
My wife is a huge fan of Dave Ramsey. Financially, it has helped our family alot to follow some of his principles.

America is a nation drowning in debt.

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

I love Dave Ramsey I follow some of his principle as well. It’s nice not being in debt.

Exodus 4x4

Yep. I know a few things about the oil industry and I can tell you for certainty that most oil and gas corporations can not sustain these prices long term. That’s the scary part. Even scarier is a lot of the shale oil companies partnered with Chinese investors...

Top Bottom